Are wedding bells ringing?

I'm going to be optimistic and guess that it's for one of Raven's many siblings' children, probably headed into the early toddler age, as this is more of a toddler toy. His huge family pops those babies out like crazy, you know.
JMO.
Maria

I couldn't imagine putting something on my wedding registry for other family members but then again I couldn't imagine marrying a man who is suspected in killing his wife either...go figure.

Thank you so much for posting this. Anytime anyone questions what was in Raven Abaroa's mind the night before his wife was murdered needs only to read this blog entry, which he hastily took offline.

Vanessa, if you are ever lurking here, many people are praying for you and hoping that God will open your eyes to the harm Raven has done. Look at Kaiden. He was a baby in a crib when his mother and brother or sister were murdered. He will live his entire life with all the emotions that the child of a murdered mother must carry inside their hearts. Don't let your daughter have to carry those same burdens for you.
Please. Just read.
Maria

I'm new to the thread, had not heard of this case until yesterday. Have read a lot in the past 24 hours. I just don't see how Raven's post on his blog the night before Janet was murdered points to anything being wrong with him, with their marriage, with anything. I just see it as someone reflecting back on childhood and life experience. Could someone please point out what I am missing?

I'm new to the thread, had not heard of this case until yesterday. Have read a lot in the past 24 hours. I just don't see how Raven's post on his blog the night before Janet was murdered points to anything being wrong with him, with their marriage, with anything. I just see it as someone reflecting back on childhood and life experience. Could someone please point out what I am missing?

Hi wherego...welcome.

What I find strange is the deep reflection on his life the night before his wife is murdered. Like he has just had a light bulb go off or something. :confused:Timing is a bit weird for me and everything else he states just sounds like BS.

another question----NC Wanted states that the autopsy gives time of death as 10:55PM. I was not aware that an autopsy could determine to the minute the time of death. How do they know that she did not die at say 7 pm , 8:10pm, 9:42pm.
Can anyone explain this to me?

Thanks for the welcome, and please bear with me. I have an interest in Justice but not the experience you all have.

another question----NC Wanted states that the autopsy gives time of death as 10:55PM. I was not aware that an autopsy could determine to the minute the time of death. How do they know that she did not die at say 7 pm , 8:10pm, 9:42pm.

Thanks for the welcome, and please bear with me. I have an interest in Justice but not the experience you all have.
It is my understanding that it is difficult to determine TOD to the minute. But they can come close depending on rigor, stomach digestion, vitreous fluid test, blood pool, temp of body, etc.

Also, on this note. TOD is NOT 7pm. A witness places Janet alive as late as 7:45pm that night.

I have heard that in some situations an ME will note time of death on an autopsy report as the last time the victim was known to be alive, or when the victim was declared dead. For this to be the case here Janet would have been declared DOA on the scene and the ME would have noted that to be the time. Is this what happened? Who knows. I am not real hung up on TOD because for me the window of opportunity to kill that night is so tight ( and many other evidences) it could only have been Raven.

I think Birdhunter explained this quite adequately.

Welcome to the forums Wherego.

I think the TOD is very important. Let's just say the 10:55 pm is either inaccurate or a guess or a rumor---let's say TOD was actually 9:15---and let's say that 3 or 4 reliable witnesses swore they were playing soccer with Raven at 9:15. That would make this an entirely different case.

So far I can not find any reports at all about a witness from the Soccer game.

I think if LE has no more info against Raven then what I have seen on this forum that is the reason no arrest has been made. What some here feel makes Raven look guilty, a good defense attorney would just shrug at and make laughable.

I have no idea if he is guilty or not, I would like to get some good evedence and not just character assination. I am not in the least defending him, please no flames.

I have heard that in some situations an ME will note time of death on an autopsy report as the last time the victim was known to be alive, or when the victim was declared dead. For this to be the case here Janet would have been declared DOA on the scene and the ME would have noted that to be the time. Is this what happened? Who knows. I am not real hung up on TOD because for me the window of opportunity to kill that night is so tight ( and many other evidences) it could only have been Raven.

Do you think he did go to the Soccer Game and kill her after his return, or do you think the Soccer Game is a lie?

How far away is Morrisville where the Soccer game was from his apaprtment?

IF he did it then I have to think the Soccer game has to be a lie, because I believe there has to be time to dispose of a weapon and the clothes he was wearing at the time of the stabbing. Surely he had to do some cleaning himself up before he called 911.

Just my Opinion.

No flames from me.

There may be no reports of soccer witnesses. We have not seen any post here.

I would hope that after three years LE has more than what is on this forum. This forum is not an official investigation. Nor does anyone here have access to the files complied by LE on this case.

I think that no arrest has been made because of the complete mess Durham has been through in the past three years. And becuase Raven left Durham less than a week after Janet's murder and never looked back.

I also think that LE has been stalled by the sheer numbers of murders that have taken place in Durham over the past three years. I read an article in News Week that compared Durham to the "Killing Fields".

I also think that becuase Raven got a lawyer immediately after the murder, LE has not had contact with him, as per the law. They can only contact his lawyer, not him. And if he does not want to talk he does not have to.

LE has been forced to build a case with no budget, no time, and no help from their only "witness" or should I say "suspect".

Do you think he did go to the Soccer Game and kill her after his return, or do you think the Soccer Game is a lie?

How far away is Morrisville where the Soccer game was from his apaprtment?

IF he did it then I have to think the Soccer game has to be a lie, because I believe there has to be time to dispose of a weapon and the clothes he was wearing at the time of the stabbing. Surely he had to do some cleaning himself up before he called 911.

Just my Opinion.
Here is the thing. The exact senario of what I think happened that night I hesitate to put in black and white.

I do think he played soccer that night, and I do think he stabbed his wife that night with the intent to kill her. And yes, I do think he was able to get the murder weapon off the property. As far as cleaning up, I will not go into that. But, he was a bloody mess when the medics arrived.

I also think that LE has been stalled by the sheer numbers of murders that have taken place in Durham over the past three years. I read an article in News Week that compared Durham to the "Killing Fields".

The reason I found this case was my interest in what is going on at Ft. Bragg in the past month, now I have found this. Just saw the Michelle Young case so suppose I will have to read up on that.

What is going on in North Carolina?

Michelle Young is another good example of LE's case being stalled due to the husband getting a lawyer and not cooperating with them.

While the murders of pregnant women do not seem to be stopping in NC, one thing that we really need is to get these murderers held accountable not only for the death of the woman they kill but the child they kill as well. We are trying to get a law passed, but this is slow going!

Wherego, welcome to the boards. I'm glad you came to Janet's forum. Most of us have been here for a very long time waiting for justice for Janet. It's fantastic that fresh eye's have come to ask new questions and re-ask old ones. It might do us all some good going back over details. Please don't let that stop you from researching on your own. Absolutely, there is information that the police have never released and it would sure help us if they would. (that was a joke :) )

I hope you can add to this forum. This case could use a kick in the butt.

Welcome Wherego!

Most of us that are here, have been here from the beginning. I think there has been a pretty common conclusion in this forum where people simply can't see any alternative than Raven.

I'd love to have a new thread to see a new perspective with questions as you start to review the case. It is refreshing to have a new set of eyes looking at this case.

Ya know...that message on their wedding site..."GET OVER IT GUYS & IT'S OVER...has been bugging me. What is over? We know she isn't referring to the wedding because it didn't happen yet or her and Raven because they are still together so what is the IT in her statement? Any suggestions?

I have 3 ideas.
  • The wedding
  • The relationship
  • The decision making
It sounds like she isn't married (probably)
It sounds like they are still together
So my guess is that she has made her decision and nothing we (or anyone else) say will make a difference.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back