Linda Kenny Baden *MERGED*

Cayleefan

Reaction score
Anyone know? We haven't heard, or seen anything from her in quite a while.

Anyone know? We haven't heard, or seen anything from her in quite a while.

This is just my opinion, but she may have realized or accepted that the forensics and circumstantial evidence was too damning to try to explain away enough of it to get KC off, and thus we see so much energy going towards the sentencing/mitigating phase. I've seen no outward indications that JB and CM are actively pursuing a viable defense, except for the occasional hand-puppet pointing at anyone BUT KC. Lots of effort, however, having her seen by doctors and lawyers who specialize in the after trial work. I mean, let's face it. If the Angel of Deathrow, aka AL, walked away from this DP case, I think that speaks volumes as to the dynamics going on behind the scenes. All jmo.

I wonder also ... she has not filed a formal Notice of Completion or Withdrawal ... but ....

LKB presence at Hearings (either in person, or on phone):

- March 18, 2010 - Indigency Hearing - LKB in person - last time we saw LKB
- April 5, 2010 - TES records Hearing - NO LKB
[ April 17, 2010 - Judge S. stepped down]
- April 30, 2010 - new Judge P - NO LKB
- May 6, 2010 - JAC Budget Hearing - LKB on phone to correct JB on what they need an expert in trace evidence - post mortem hair banding - said Dr. Lee can't do it
- May 10, 2010 - Motions Hearing - NO LKB
- May 11, 2010 - DP Motions Hearing - NO LKB
- June 1, 2010 - Defense asking for George GJ testimony - NO LKB
- June 2, 2010 - Status Hearing - NO LKB [only Mason]
- July 2, 2010 - Emergency Hearing on experts viewing evidence - NO LKB in person or on phone
- July 13, 2010 - Defense experts VIEW EVIDENCE - NO LKB
- July 15, 2010 Hearing Cindy and Lee testify - NO LKB

I wonder also ... she has not filed a formal Notice of Completion or Withdrawal ... but ....

LKB presence at Hearings (either in person, or on phone):

- March 18, 2010 - Indigency Hearing - LKB in person - last time we saw LKB
- April 5, 2010 - TES records Hearing - NO LKB
[ April 17, 2010 - Judge S. stepped down]
- April 30, 2010 - new Judge P - NO LKB
- May 6, 2010 - JAC Budget Hearing - LKB on phone to correct JB on what they need an expert in trace evidence - post mortem hair banding - said Dr. Lee can't do it
- May 10, 2010 - Motions Hearing - NO LKB
- May 11, 2010 - DP Motions Hearing - NO LKB
- June 1, 2010 - Defense asking for George GJ testimony - NO LKB
- June 2, 2010 - Status Hearing - NO LKB [only Mason]
- July 2, 2010 - Emergency Hearing on experts viewing evidence - NO LKB in person or on phone
- July 13, 2010 - Defense experts VIEW EVIDENCE - NO LKB
- July 15, 2010 Hearing Cindy and Lee testify - NO LKB
I thought Baez mentioned her as one of their experts at the indigency hearing and she was OK'd by HHJP? Not sure..:waitasec:

I thought Baez mentioned her as one of their experts at the indigency hearing and she was OK'd by HHJP? Not sure..:waitasec:

She told the Judge that she tore up her "contract" with Inmate Anthony, and has not been paid ... working pro bono

At the March 18, 2010 Indigency Hearing- JB told Judge S. : "any lawyers being paid a fee - only Baez and Lyon - noone else paid anything
Linda Kenney Baden - not paid - kind enough to do pro bono - come from NY
"

LKB said: "Baden - I can rep to court - I rescinded retainer agreement - work pro bono now, never paid anyway

State asked about Baden - any conv publishers, producers, photographers? - Baden said "No"
no future deals, interviews

She told the Judge that she tore up her "contract" with Inmate Anthony, and has not been paid ... working pro bono
How convenient for her to tear it up and not be stuck with ICA like JB is. Very convenient indeed lol! I guess her absence during evidence review proves that you get what you pay for though. Some dream team :twocents:

She's probably in New York working with her contacts on the post-trial media deals. I am sure she and her hubby have great contacts for that, with all the books and TV appearances they have done. Pro bono pays very well in some cases. ;) There has to be a big pot o' gold waiting at the end of this venture. Why else would they all stick it out pro bono on a no win case? There isn't a shred of hope she will be found innocent, imo.

http://twitter.com/kenneybaden

August 20th, her last tweet...so it seems she's still breathing....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I do think she's been busy firing up NJ and it's racial profiling...

Bio My focus is on criminal and civil rights cases: e.g. against the State of NJ for racial profiling. Also have handled a number of high profile criminal matters.

..fights for civil rights and against those deemed wrongly accused

Justice for Caylee

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Skeleton-Justice/Linda-Kenney-Baden/e/9781400044320

She might be busy promoting her new book with co author Michael Baden..

Synopsis
Forensic expert Dr. Michael Baden of the HBO series Autopsy and trial attorney and legal commentator Linda Kenney Baden bring us a chilling new thriller featuring their crack crime-fighting duo: Dr. Jake Rosen, world-famous pathologist, deputy chief medical examiner, and devoted scientist; and top litigator Manny Manfreda, who is as lovely (and accessorized) as she is gutsy.

The case begins with New York City on high alert for a most bizarre serial killer—a strange kind of thief who stalks his victims for the purpose of extracting a vial of blood, earning him the tabloid nickname the Vampire. As the attacks become more and more vicious and escalate to torture and then to murder, Jake and Manny begin to suspect there is a connection between the killer’s seemingly random victims. But what is the link between the Vampire and a case that Manny’s been working for a kid whose high school prank-gone-wrong has earned him the moniker the Preppy Terrorist and...

Justice for Caylee

What date were the Oak Ridge Lab experts' depos rescheduled for? Have they already taken place? :waitasec:

That should give us a BIG HINT. I am pretty darn sure she would have been at those.

Q: Where is LKB??

A: For many months, I believe she has harbored serious regret over the potentially career-ending and disastrous (to put it mildly) decision to help represent KC and the perfect (bad) storm known as "the defense team". She is known "in the biz" as a Pro---an intelligent woman who knows how to get the hard work done---a real tiger for her defense clients---but have we really seen any hint of her digging into evidence in the past year or so??? I know...I know....we're supposed to to reserve judgement until we *possibly* see LKB do her thing during the actual trial----but ask yourselves.....is there a reason LKB is so "absent" here (when its not her typical approach)?? You have to try and remove the images of the "Spector-trial-debacle-LKB" that naturally come to mind (shudder). Thinking back to her earlier career......this is not the LK/LK(B) that I used to hear about.....the "formidable opponant" and expert known in legal circles.
I wonder what's up???

KC has long been considered by many to be an "indefensible client" whose words and actions are impossible to explain away to any degree of reasonable thought. A close friend of ours (a retired judge) once said something about this case that I've always wanted to share with the smartest peeps on the web (WS!). More than a year ago, he told DH and I that (paraphrasing here) "if someone (defense lawyer) makes the decision to stand shoulder to shoulder with Mr. Baez and Miss Anthony and take this all the way to trial----at great taxpayer expense---then you know they might as well toss around a few loaded guns just for the heck of it during meetings". That has always stuck with me. I begged him to go on record and get his thoughts published......but struck out. Trust me, gentle friends and Caylee supporters......there are esteemed judges out there who may never voice their concerns......but they, too, are asking "WTH???" when it comes to this "defense" and to the "Where is LKB?" question.

All JMO.........

What date were the Oak Ridge Lab experts' depos rescheduled for? Have they already taken place? :waitasec:

That should give us a BIG HINT. I am pretty darn sure she would have been at those.

July 13, 2010 - Defense depositions - all RESCHEDULED for Sept 21, 2010 in Knoxville, TN
Michael N. Burnett - Oak Ridge Lab
David C. Glasgow - Oak Ridge Lab
Madhavi Z. Martin - Oak Ridge Lab
Mark Wise - Oak Ridge Lab

July 14, 2010 - Defense deposition - RESCHEDULED for September 22, 2010 in Knoxville, TN
Arpad Alexander Vass - Oak Ridge Lab

Maybe charm school. Oh wait......

Has she ever filed a Notice of Appearance in the case?

If she has NOT, she would not be required to "officially" Withdraw (Notice of) from the case, would she?

July 13, 2010 - Defense depositions - all RESCHEDULED for Sept 21, 2010 in Knoxville, TN
Michael N. Burnett - Oak Ridge Lab
David C. Glasgow - Oak Ridge Lab
Madhavi Z. Martin - Oak Ridge Lab
Mark Wise - Oak Ridge Lab

July 14, 2010 - Defense deposition - RESCHEDULED for September 22, 2010 in Knoxville, TN
Arpad Alexander Vass - Oak Ridge Lab
Thanks for the update and I also believe whether or not she makes an appearance at these depositions will answer the question. MOO

Has she ever filed a Notice of Appearance in the case?

If she has NOT, she would not be required to "officially" Withdraw (Notice of) from the case, would she?

Clerk of Court's site:
12/12/2008 Appearance of Attorney Entered
Jose Baez & Linda Kenney Baden

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76278"]New Criminal Defense Attorney for Casey - Linda Kenney Baden - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

12-12-2008
New Criminal Defense Attorney for Casey - Linda Kenney Baden

FOX News - channel 35 in Orlando - 5 AM News

Linda Kenney Baden - a former criminal defense atty for Phil Spector & the wife of Dr. Michael Baden (who testified, very questionably, for Spector) is a new atty representing Casey.

She will be in court this morning with Baez at the 11:30 AM hearing.

I found this on 7/17/10, It's the case LKB is working on, there are 3 articles at the link:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5417367&postcount=179"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Defense finds something new in old evidence?[/ame]

http://twitter.com/kenneybaden

August 20th, her last tweet...so it seems she's still breathing....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I do think she's been busy firing up NJ and it's racial profiling...

..fights for civil rights and against those deemed wrongly accused

Justice for Caylee
Pretty quiet here in NJ. Maybe she's just revving up her engines...getting ready for the big race?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back