Found Deceased ME - Rev. Clement Thibodeau, 85, Caribou, 15 July 2017

Is that a recent picture? If so, he certainly is a youthful looking 85!
Has there been any ATM or card activity? Cell phone?

It's not uncommon for people of this age to become confused and think it's time to "go to work" and get lost while driving. I would also ask those close to him where his favorite retreat/meditation places are. Although I imagine by now that has already been explored.

Holding this man in special prayer.

4364553916567a64a3a3df8b5bbb5431.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! They have searched everywhere. It's been three weeks.

Thx. He still is a very youthful looking 85!

Okay, well sorry to think dark thoughts, but all possibilities should be considered. I dont know this area enough to know the crime stats, etc.
It sounds like the off roads have been checked (?) if he felt ill and pulled over.
I would check chop shops and craig's list to see if his car can be found, or obvious car parts. It sounds like the onstar was disabled. Because onstar is like a plane's blackbox, designed to transmit in case of an accident.
This causes me to think towards the dark side.

However, the odds are this gent went off the side of the road somewhere and is yet to be found. But the onstar is an interesting dynamic. I would not rule out foul play.

Prayers...

Okay, well sorry to think dark thoughts, but all possibilities should be considered. I dont know this area enough to know the crime stats, etc.
It sounds like the off roads have been checked (?) if he felt ill and pulled over.
I would check chop shops and craig's list to see if his car can be found, or obvious car parts. It sounds like the onstar was disabled. Because onstar is like a plane's blackbox, designed to transmit in case of an accident.
This causes me to think towards the dark side.

However, the odds are this gent went off the side of the road somewhere and is yet to be found. But the onstar is an interesting dynamic. I would not rule out foul play.

Prayers...

I agree..he is a friend's uncle & they are heartbroken. They have used a lot of resources and I have to agree. It seems rather grim at this point. But the parishioners and the family are not giving up hope. Thank you for your prayers

Hire a Detective, a good one. Ask the Archdiosece to get involved, if not already.

Hire a Detective, a good one. Ask the Archdiosece to get involved, if not already.

That's a very good suggestion.. I will ask her if they haven't done that yet. Thank you for your input

If they tracked him as far as Lee, they need to check out the Stud Mill Rd and it's many tote roads, logging roads and camp roads. (if they haven't already).
I had friends from Jersey who got lost on it for 3 days, until they finally came upon another vehicle, flagged it down and asked for help.
To this day, I have no idea how they ended up on it.

Drones, use drones! They can cover so much territory quickly

I would certainly hope his phone calls were checked prior to his disappearance. Maybe he was attempting to go visit someone who had called.
Where was "home" for Father Clem? It is often that individuals of this age will try to find home. It becomes a relentless quest.

How about Adding
his VIN / Vehicle Identification Number?

ME - Rev. Clement D. Thibodeau, 85,
Aroostook County, Caribou, 15 Jul 2017

40595301_H20872292.JPG

Father Clement D. Thibodeau, 85

Caribou, Aroostook County, is in Northern, Maine

Day 24

https://www.facebook.com/FindFrClem/

https://www.facebook.com/Caribou-Police-Department-132361283507752/?fref=mentions

Stock Photos of Possibly Similar Vehicle:

api-model-year-image.ashx

2013 Gray Chevy Equinox - Maine Plates: 638-A
(Significant Hail Damage)

151427.jpg

2013 Gray Chevy Equinox - Maine Plates: 638-A
(Significant Hail Damage)

Luke 15:4

I would certainly hope his phone calls were checked prior to his disappearance. Maybe he was attempting to go visit someone who had called.
Where was "home" for Father Clem? It is often that individuals of this age will try to find home. It becomes a relentless quest.

That's a really good point/idea! Although I don't know the answer :(

That's a really good point/idea! Although I don't know the answer :(

Because of his name, I had a hunch he is from Quebec. Checking online 411, there are *alot* of Thibodeau's from QB. There is also a Thibodeau in Stetson, Maine. So my best guess is that he was heading to Stetson, or on his way to QB.

Editing to add it is a six hour drive from Caribou, Maine to Montreal.

Because of his name, I had a hunch he is from Quebec. Checking online 411, there are *alot* of Thibodeau's from QB. There is also a Thibodeau in Stetson, Maine. So my best guess is that he was heading to Stetson, or on his way to QB.
Editing to add it is a six hour drive from Caribou, Maine to Montreal.

Thibodeau is as fairly common surname in Maine. We have a very rich Franco-American heritage, being so close to the border.

This article mentioned that he was previously a parish priest in Waterville and Bangor, both in Maine.
http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/07/31/search-for-missing-priest-with-ties-to-waterville-continues/

I don't think there's a Qc connection (other than the name), & in fact there appears to be a very large Thibodeau family in the Caribou area, to whom I think Father Clement might be related.

ETA: another article, Father Clement did study for the priesthood in Montreal, but that would have been quite some time ago. He/his family is from Caribou.
https://fiddleheadfocus.com/2017/08/01/news/ar-revupdate-31-17/

Thibodeau has ties to eastern, central and southern Maine. He served as a priest at St. Mary Catholic Church in Bangor in the late 1980s, becoming pastor of the church in 1993. Over the years, Thibodeau also served as pastor at St. Mary’s in Eagle Lake, Notre Dame in Waterville, and St. Joseph’s in Gardiner. He attended Caribou High School, St. Francis College in Biddeford and the Grand Seminary at the University of Montreal.

He spent 17 years as a teacher at St. Ignatius High School in Sanford and taught religious studies at Nason College in Springvale. In 2001, he retired to the farm in Connor, near Caribou, where he grew up.

Just to give everyone from away an idea of the terrain (and remoteness) searchers are facing as they search for Fr Clements, this is an unrelated, short video of the aftermath of a tornado that recently hit about 40 miles NW of Lee, ME.

https://www.facebook.com/NWSCaribou/videos/1343494629094976/

Footage courtesy of the Maine Forest Rangers

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23