The 6 minute phone call when JH failed to talk to anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next witness that was being called before the church lady was Melissa Sellers (spelling??).

Now, with that being said - maybe someone can open up a new thread so that we can analyze the hearing bit by bit. This one is about the 6 minute phone call.

Sorry for taking the thread off track.:blushing:

So he didn't call his employer as stated here??

Stoddard said that Harris told police he couldn’t reach anyone on his telephone, but phone records show he made three calls after he discovered his son’s body, and one between him and his employer lasted six minutes.

http://fox6now.com/2014/07/04/georgia-toddler-death-who-is-justin-ross-harris/

So this guy that talks about his child incessantly, so much others may find it annoying, never mentioned him at all during this lunch.....

Is that consistent ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this guy that talks about his child incessantly, so much others may find it annoying, never mentioned him at all during this lunch.....

Is that consistent ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITA. I wonder how often this guy hangs with his buddies? First at lunch...then an early movie? Just seems off to me.

Stoddard said that Harris told police he couldn’t reach anyone on his telephone, but phone records show he made three calls after he discovered his son’s body, and one between him and his employer lasted six minutes.

I think that was a mix up. It says 'employer' because the daycare is owned by Home Depot, his employer. But it was apparently his daycare provider that he was calling, trying to reach his wife?

This is what I'm confused about too. Could it be he was calling his work voice mail to see if there was a message from the daycare?

This is what I'm confused about too. Could it be he was calling his work voice mail to see if there was a message from the daycare?

There were three calls right in a row. The first two were to his wife and his work (I think Stoddard put it as "corporate") The third is the one that lasted 6 minutes and was specifically referred to by Stoddard as having gone to the toddler room. Not sure whether it was direct dialed to that room or transferred there. Stoddard said they know it lasted six minutes and that it wasn't just to vm, but did not say whether RH actually spoke with anyone or what they said.

We can't sleuth her - Melissa Sellars

We must have 2 Melissa's ----

One Melissa (the one who was called but didn't testify) and one Michelle (the daycare lady who was i.d'd by Stoddard, but not called)

Um, must be a misprint by fox6now...I heard Det. Stoddard say the 6-minute call was to the Little Apron Academy -- Cooper's daycare. One of the 3 calls was to HD, but it wasn't the 6-minute call. moo.

He was on the phone when he was handcuffed, is that correct?

Any chance the 6 min phone call was one that he dialed and perhaps had to dial an extension to get out of an automated system, but he was handcuffed while that call was going on before it automatically disconnected after six minutes?

Edited to add: The transcripts say the defendant told Stoddard that "he fell asleep" as the reason he didn't talk to anybody. What a weird answer...

He was on the phone when he was handcuffed, is that correct?

Any chance the 6 min phone call was one that he dialed and perhaps had to dial an extension to get out of an automated system, but he was handcuffed while that call was going on before it automatically disconnected after six minutes?

Edited to add: The transcripts say the defendant told Stoddard that "he fell asleep" as the reason he didn't talk to anybody. What a weird answer...

I posted earlier that Stoddard's testimony led me to believe they don't know who Harris talked to yet. I think there's a chance you could be right about something else happening to the call. Maybe not exactly what you speculate since Stoddard did say the call went to the toddler room -- but something. In an emergency, even one of your own making, 6 minutes would be an awfully long time to talk to one person. Even if you were holding for a minute, 5 minutes would still be a long time. Can't wait to hear the explanation.

I wonder if it could be as simple as a pocket dial. Happens to me all the time.

Detective Stoddard stated that RH talked to "someone" in toddler room 5 and, when asked if he had talked to that person, he replied "not yet". Is it possible that the recipient of that phone call has already lawyered up?

Yes, that news site is incorrect. He placed call to the home depot corporate office location of the little apron daycare, not to his own satellite office in the Treehouse location.

Apologies this next is in response to the M names in this case. but didn't hit multi quote as I read to catch up.

MS equals the pastor who testified about RH being an involved, loving doting father at the hearing
MG who was the daycare teacher in toddler room 5 at little apron per Det. Stoddard. MG was not called to stand at hearing.

ETR the stuff about phone call being verified because I just was reminded that Stoddard testified under oath he had not spoken to the individual he suspects RH spoke to.

Yes, that news site is incorrect. He placed call to the home depot corporate office location of the little apron daycare, not to his own satellite office in the Treehouse location.

Apologies this next is in response to the M names in this case. but didn't hit multi quote as I read to catch up.

MS equals the pastor who testified about RH being an involved, loving doting father at the hearing
MG who was the daycare teacher in toddler room 5 at little apron per Det. Stoddard. MG was not called to stand at hearing.

I think that Stoddard has already verified that a conversation took place between RH and MG. I think MG herself has verified it. I do not think RH was involved in any inappropriate way with MG the daycare employee. I think he has gotten himself stuck in a lie he told early on and which can easily be verified by the daycare via MG.

The church friend is Penny H.

MS is Melissa who was called after the brother but before the friend from church but MS did not testify. :giggle:

Detective Stoddard stated that RH talked to "someone" in toddler room 5 and, when asked if he had talked to that person, he replied "not yet". Is it possible that the recipient of that phone call has already lawyered up?

If they have a lawyer, it's probably through their employer. Not necessarily because they've personally hired a lawyer or feel like they need one.

Disclaimer: I am NOT sleuthing MS but did a FB search on that name in Atlanta and ummm, I found someone that would fit right in with JRH. :eek:

Anyway, it really bothers me that Stoddard said LE hasn't talked to the 6 min phone call person yet. I'm beginning to wonder if the person he talked to isn't cooperating with LE.

I found the discussion of the 6 minute phone call to be especially interesting. While watching Justin during the hearing when they ask the detective if they have spoken to the person at the daycare who he was talking to and the detective says "not yet", Justin throws his head back a bit and seems to be relieved by that revelation.

I think this link should pop you in at the exact spot but if not, the question begins at 1:11:14.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9u--A2TwZg

He does seem to make note of that answer. And I find his body language interesting. He seems to rock back in the chair a bit after an answering that might be upsetting, like trying to console himself or is becoming agitated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard