Found Deceased KY - James Spoonamore, 5, Jackson County, 9 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

Well I guess it's okay to post rumors on this site after all.

I'm sorry Tara, but there are no rumors about it. Look at their arrest records. While we can't discuss their arrest records on here, there is nothing stopping you from looking them up.

If I have broken rules by posting this, please delete it. It was not my intention to break the rules, but the truth should not be said to be not true.

From my limited reading on this area, there appears to be a fair size issue with drugs, "snitching", and belief about corrupt law enforcement. We have read too many cases where it appears that horrendous acts have been committed by people on meth. They have loved ones who say that their actions are inconsistent with their character before using. No excuses from me but it seems that people with certain addictions can act out character. Bless this little boy and his mom. No one deserves this.

The law in Kentucky is exacerbating our drug problem. Doctors are required to occasionally do drug tests or pill-counts. That was supposed to be to ensure that people that are prescribed a controlled substance are indeed taking them and not selling them.

I have ADHD and honestly cannot function properly without Adderall. I tested positive for weed, so I can no longer get my meds. But it's less troublesome for me than people with chronic pain. People that truly need pain killers that smoke occasionally are left out in the cold and have to live with their pain. The people that used to use Oxycodone for "fun" don't have a problem. They have heroin now. I guess I could start doing meth...

The law in Kentucky is exacerbating our drug problem. Doctors are required to occasionally do drug tests or pill-counts. That was supposed to be to ensure that people that are prescribed a controlled substance are indeed taking them and not selling them.

I have ADHD and honestly cannot function properly without Adderall. I tested positive for weed, so I can no longer get my meds. But it's less troublesome for me than people with chronic pain. People that truly need pain killers that smoke occasionally are left out in the cold and have to live with their pain. The people that used to use Oxycodone for "fun" don't have a problem. They have heroin now. I guess I could start doing meth...

OT: I have ADHD as well. Omg that is awful! I'm so sorry your state is a jerk. I need my adderall to function as well. That law is ridiculous. Does the state of KY understand that marijuana is an excellent medical aid to people with ADHD? We are notoriously bad sleepers because we lack the higher executive functioning needed to focus our brains and wind down at the end of the day. Good Lord. You need to move. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OT: I have ADHD as well. Omg that is awful! I'm so sorry your state is a jerk. I need my adderall to function as well. That law is ridiculous. Does the state of KY understand that marijuana is an excellent medical aid to people with ADHD? We are notoriously bad sleepers because we lack the higher executive functioning needed to focus our brains and wind down at the end of the day. Good Lord. You need to move. Lol

I think Adderall helps me too because I must have some kind of narcolepsy or something. Just no energy and can't get up and get to moving. Smoke mainly helps my anxiety. My mom's a doctor and, I'm still not exactly sure why, she just doesn't write for controlled things anymore. I don't know if it's because of all of the hassle or if she got in some kind of trouble for still prescribing pain pills to people that smoked weed and the like and just made sure they had their prescriptions in their system. I don't wanna ask. She's having people switch from their Ativan to Vistaril (like a "fancier" Benadryl). I told her that the patients ain't gonna like that BS.

I tested positive for alcohol once during DUI classes (lawyer was dumb and had me sign for a DUI when my BAC was 0.01) and had to go to a rehab-like thing for a few weeks. That's where I learned how bad opiates are in eastern Kentucky and found out what "trips to Florida" meant (the "Pain Clinics" for the elderly people there).
That was around 2009 and people were just starting to switch over to heroin then.
And it was in Elizabethtown (a little south of Louisville) and I really didn't understand why there were so many mountain folks there. I guess that there aren't many treatment places in eastern KY, which is even worse for the drug problem down there.

Still no actual obituary on the funeral home site for this kid. It's odd.

Still no actual obituary on the funeral home site for this kid. It's odd.

Is mom still in hospital? Maybe they are waiting until she gets released/recovers more before they hold the funeral. Good news is that site says enough people donated that his funeral bill is paid in full.

Did you all catch that he was preceded in death by a brother? Here's his obit.

James Spoonamore was born August 19, 2012 in London and departed this life Friday, September 8, 2017, at the age of 5.
He is survived by his mother, Jessica Nicole (Johnson) Spoonamore of McKee; by his father, Alex Morales of Florida; by his step father, David Durham of McKee. Other survivors include, his grandparents, Cynthia & Dan Wallace, Eddie Wayne Johnson, Payton & Rosemary Simpson.
James was also preceded in death by a brother, Richard Lee Spoonamore.
Our loss is truly, Heaven’s gain.

Police: Man killed boy, pushed mom off cliff in dispute over $200
Police say a man killed a 5-year-old boy and brutally attacked his mother, pushing her off a 77-foot cliff in eastern Kentucky, over $200.

Kentucky State Police detective Charles Brandenburg testified Monday during a preliminary hearing in Jackson County District Court that 41-year-old Lonnie Belt thought the boy's stepfather had stolen the money from him. The stepfather, David Durham, has denied the accusation.

:sigh:

Some days. Some stories. $200.

Did you all catch that he was preceded in death by a brother? Here's his obit.

James Spoonamore was born August 19, 2012 in London and departed this life Friday, September 8, 2017, at the age of 5.
He is survived by his mother, Jessica Nicole (Johnson) Spoonamore of McKee; by his father, Alex Morales of Florida; by his step father, David Durham of McKee. Other survivors include, his grandparents, Cynthia & Dan Wallace, Eddie Wayne Johnson, Payton & Rosemary Simpson.
James was also preceded in death by a brother, Richard Lee Spoonamore.
Our loss is truly, Heaven’s gain.

BBM
From mom's interview: http://www.kentucky.com/news/state/article173229436.html

Before James was born, Durham had a miscarriage. She said she’s not sure she could ever mentally handle having another child.
Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/news/state/article173229436.html#storylink=cpy
Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/news/state/article173229436.html#storylink=

What pain this woman must must be going trough ... physically and emotionally.

I read through this thread last night and thought of it first thing this morning. There are lots of horrible stories on these threads, unfortunately, but this one just really hit me. That poor woman was beaten and thrown over a cliff, laid there all night with broken bones, cold and scared, not knowing where her child was. I don't care what she did in her past; I can't imagine going through the nightmare that this case is. I was born in the "hollers" of KY and spent my childhood summers there and it breaks my heart to see what drugs have done to this area. Breaks my heart!!!

She told James to "stay in the car"? I'm so mad with all of this.

I saw the story that you linked to and was going to post it myself before I realized that anything that I could say about it would be "bleeped" out. I'll try to control my words as much as I can...

I figured that a drug debt or something similar was involved somehow. I just didn't imagine how minuscule the "debt" involved would turn out to be.

$200... $200?... $200!!!
That may be enough to whoop up on the person that owed you the money. But only if they actually owed you anything all.
But to throw their girlfriend off of a huge cliff and then bash her kid's brain in with a metal pole? The dude deserves much more than the death penalty. At least they caught him so that he can't do anything like that to anybody else.

What kind of dope was he hooked on to make him do something like that? What kind or amount of anything would make somebody do what he did?

I have no words that could possibly describe what he deserves for what he did. I can't even think of a list of words that's full of cussing and blasphemy that could ever approach what should happen to him. Spending years being sodomized by a dead possum would be infinitely too good for him. I don't know what punishment would be appropriate for this. Even if he got the death penalty, he'd continue to remain alive on Death Row for many more years than the poor boy got to spend alive.

Mr Belt deserves to either be "lynched" or maimed or have something done to him that will cause him decades of physical and psychological pain. That's what the lady got. I know that's not PC (or appropriate in any way) for me to hope that happens to anyone, but I don't care. It's not PC to bash a little kid's head in because you think their mama's boyfriend owes you money. A couple hundred bucks. Not that a few thousand bucks would have made something like that reasonable, but $200?

$200?!?!?!
This world seems like it's getting more and more repulsive by the second. It's embarrassing for me to have to acknowledge that something like this happened in the state that grew up and still live in.

Sorry for the little rant, but the worthless fool needs to be dealt with. Dealt with big-time.

There is no amount of money that makes such a horrendous act moral or even logical nor reasonable.

Man Indicted On Charges In Child's Murder
On Thursday, Belt was indicted on the charges of murder, attempted murder, kidnapping an adult, kidnapping (victim death), assault 1st, tampering with physical evidence, and abuse of a corpse.

November 7th is the next scheduled court date.

A full cash bond of $1.5 million has been set.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back