GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how to do it but I will ask a Mod to do it for us.

And of course the POI suffers from (according to him) a "bipolar disorder," the explanation du jour for all manner of horrific crimes. I'm no historian of crime but would I be wrong in feeling that this sort of thing is on the rise? What, barring the dreaded bipolar conditions, drives men to rape and kill infants/kids? This seems a carbon-copy of the Blaine Miliam (sic) case, give or take a little devil worship. Poor child. Where were the extended family during all this?

AAAARRRGGGHHHH! (accompanying visual: repeated savage face-palms)

s

Scapa for what I've learned so far the perps parents or grandparents were in the main house. Her mother supposedly was doing some field military training when this all went down. I don't know if you read the warranty's but this was a horrible violent end to thsi little girl's life.

I don't care if he was completely psychotic at the time he did this.

He deserves death.

Bring back the chair and gallows.

I'm so SICK of reading stuff like this only to learn the monster gets a comfy cell and a loooooong wait to suffer death. And even then, the condemned person is sedated, then the drugs are administered to stop the heart. WHAT? WHY? These monsters need to be AWAKE and CONSCIOUS and feel their lives being taken from them.

Do you know why the death penalty isn't a deterrent? Its because our system of execution IS NOTHING TO FEAR. They get long decades of confinement, and then in a lot of cases, the death penalty is later reduced to life without parole.

Make the punishment something that actually produces suffering. Make the executions happen FAST. The death penalty WAS a deterrent when the gallows still existed on the court house lawn.

I will end my rant now. Please forgive me.

I understand how you feel Keyboard Cat. She was such a lovely little girl and apparently her grandparents adored her. I heard on the radio this morning a family friend of the grandparents said the grandfather especially is devastated. I have not hear a word of her bio dad and not much from the bio mom.

ETA - her bio dad is in jail for drugs according to the link above. I just didn't read it all before I posted it LOL

Poor baby,she was so beautiful and deserved so much more! RIP sweet Teghan no one can ever hurt you again!

Her mother must be outraged (she's away on mil training) -- maybe there's a special foxhole for the perp she's got in mind

6 months...6 months...that's all I have say.

RIP Teghan. Beautiful name for a beautiful child.

I have asked a mod to merge so we can all be in one place. This happened not more than 20 miles from my house. If there is enough interest in this case going forward I will go to the court house and get documents and info we need here at WS. I will not (as one sleuther did here) view autopsy photos but I will be happy to run out and grab other pertinent documents for us.

I understand how you feel Keyboard Cat. She was such a lovely little girl and apparently her grandparents adored her. I heard on the radio this morning a family friend of the grandparents said the grandfather especially is devastated. I have not hear a word of her bio dad and not much from the bio mom.

ETA - her bio dad is in jail for drugs according to the link above. I just didn't read it all before I posted it LOL

Why didn't the mother leave the child with grandparents when she went for training?

Why didn't the mother leave the child with grandparents when she went for training?

I have no idea why she didn't. I'm reading any and every thing I can find but don't have the answer to that yet.

I have no idea why she didn't. I'm reading any and every thing I can find but don't have the answer to that yet.

We have a story after story on this board where a woman hooks up with some guy, leaves him to babysit/supervise/watch the child (children), and it doesn't end up well for the child (children). With minor variations. It's just so sad.

This story made me sick to start with, but the latest has me in need of some ginger ale.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7994619/

"Man accused of torture says he 'lost it'"

Story states that he whipped her with a cord after she defecated on the mattress they were sharing.

What would cause a child to do that? Sexual assault.

Story also states her father is "in Wake county jail on unrelated charges."

Here is her Dad's previous history- http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/viewoffender.do?method=view&offenderID=0807681&searchLastName=skiba&listurl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=1

It was for B&E in 2003. I would assume Wake jail is similar.

Her mother must be outraged (she's away on mil training) -- maybe there's a special foxhole for the perp she's got in mind

The mother seems to have had better options than to leave her precious Teghan in a barn with no bathroom or running water. She chose to leave her with a 21 yo man with guns, drugs, alcohol, and an air mattress for them to sleep together.

I hope that the DA is looking at charges for the mother akin to what Amanda Young was convicted on in the death of 4 yo Emma Thompson.

There was an article (iirc ABC affiliate), in the comments the mother's aunt said that Teghan was suppposed to stay with the mother's sister and she doesn't know why that didn't happen.

ETA

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7563955

comments #1 and #20, it sounds like it was Teghan's aunt, sister of the father, that was going to watch Teghan.

A listener on the radio program this morning suggested that the mother was told Teghan would be cared for in the home. Again this was from a caller who claimed to be "in the know" about the situation. Still, fhc, I agree with you totally!! She had to have known about his "bi-polar" situation and most likely his criminal past. The case is far from closed and I suspect mom will be in some sort of trouble before it is all said and done.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7994619/

A man accused of torturing a 4-year-old girl who later died told detectives he "lost it" and whipped the girl with a cord after she urinated and defecated in the bed they were sharing, according to search warrants released Tuesday

Johnston County investigators seized an array of items from the barn where Richardson and Teghan were staying, the 2001 GMC pickup Richardson used to take the girl to the hospital and the house where Richardson's grandparents live. The barn, which is on the grandparents' property, has no running water or bathroom.

Items seized included an air mattress, a condom wrapper, a shotgun, a rifle, ammunition, knives, a camera, duct tape pieces, a green, leafy substance, drug paraphernalia, guitar string and a drop cord, according to a warrant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021