Suspects: Frankie Richard and Hanna Conner

Justiceforever

Reaction score
I've been meaning to start this thread for awhile. Maybe seperate one for other suspects also. What do we know about these two people?

"Frankie Richard was one of those two. A onetime owner of local strip joints, Mr. Richard (pronounced REE-shar) has a history of assault arrests. He admits to being a crack addict and claims to have had sex with most of the victims. He was among those last seen with Kristen G. Lopez, whose body was found floating in a canal on March 18, 2007. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/02/us/02serial.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

And mention of HC also being arrested.

http://m.kplctv.com/autojuice?targetUrl=http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?s=6526386

Does anyone have info on the strip clubs owned by FR? Name? Locations? Property seaches are foreign to me.

The following article is no longer online. Excerpted to avoid copyright infringement.

======================================
Man held in death of woman seen with 2 others found dead
By Richard Burgess
Acadiana Bureau
May 23, 2007

Frankie Richard, 51, and his niece, Hannah Conner, 22, both of Jennings, were charged last week with second-degree murder in the death of 21-year-old Kristen Gary Lopez, whose body was discovered in March in a canal south of Welsh.

She is one of four women whose bodies were discarded in rural areas of the parish over the past two years.

Edwards said Tuesday that witnesses reported seeing Richard with Lopez and two of the other women in the days before their deaths.

"We do have evidence he was involved in the last days of the three girls' lives," Edwards said.

Richard has not been charged in the other cases, and the sheriff said no conclusions have been reached about Richard's involvement.

"We are treating them separately and treating them as a whole," Edwards said.

The following article is no longer online. Excerpted to avoid copyright infringement.

lleged victim drops complaint against man once suspected in Jeff Davis slaying
by Doris Maricle
American Press (Lake Charles, LA)
July 31, 2007

ENNINGS - Rape charges have been dismissed against a local man who was a suspect in the death of one of four women whose bodies were dumped in rural parts of Jeff Davis Parish over the past two years.

The charges were dismissed Monday against Frankie Richard, 52, of Jennings, after the alleged victim dropped her complaint. Richard was released from the parish jail shortly after 3 p.m. Monday. The charge stemmed from an incident that occurred earlier this year.

Second-degree murder charges against Richard and his niece, Hannah Conner, 22, of Jennings, were dismissed in May after authorities received conflicting statements from witness Tracee Lynn Chaisson, 32, of Jennings.

Mother, three children arrested for burglary
by Assistant Editor
Jennings Daily News
June 06, 2009

A 72-year-old Jennings woman is behind bars for the second time in two years for drugs charges and is once again being joined by her children -- this time for burglary. Jeanette LeBlanc, 72, of 811 McKinley Street, was one of a string of arrests made by the Jeff Davis Parish Sheriff's Office (JDSO) over the last few days regarding a burglary and drug group being run in the neighborhood. LeBlanc was arrested on Thursday and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of stolen items and possession of controlled substances with intent to distribute. She was joined in jail that same day by her son, Frankie Richard, 53, and her daughter, Tabetha Crochet, 39. Crochet faced the same charges as LeBlanc, while Richard faced two counts of accessory after the fact and a possession of a firearm by a convicted felon charge.

Mother, three children arrested for burglary
by Assistant Editor
Jennings Daily News
June 06, 2009

A 72-year-old Jennings woman is behind bars for the second time in two years for drugs charges and is once again being joined by her children -- this time for burglary. Jeanette LeBlanc, 72, of 811 McKinley Street, was one of a string of arrests made by the Jeff Davis Parish Sheriff's Office (JDSO) over the last few days regarding a burglary and drug group being run in the neighborhood. LeBlanc was arrested on Thursday and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of stolen items and possession of controlled substances with intent to distribute. She was joined in jail that same day by her son, Frankie Richard, 53, and her daughter, Tabetha Crochet, 39. Crochet faced the same charges as LeBlanc, while Richard faced two counts of accessory after the fact and a possession of a firearm by a convicted felon charge.

Thanks Shadow! Jeez! Isn't it time for her to retire? It's no wonder FRANKIE is what he is!

I remember reading that name Crochet somewhere recently. Where was it?!

She's the one who allegedly sold the truck used in the murder of Kristen Lopez to Warren Gary. ( [ame=http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?p=703594#post703594]link[/ame] )

Thanks Shadow! Jeez! Isn't it time for her to retire? It's no wonder FRANKIE is what he is!
Exemplifies the fruit not falling far from the tree idiom. Regardless, this seems to be a common theme. That is, the drug & prostitution bit appears to be transgenerational.

Leonard Crochet, perhaps. He was the man fatally shot by LE during a drug raid on Harvey Burleigh's house.

You might also recall the name "Crochet" from a news article I posted in the "Around And About In Jennings Thread". No idea if Crystal was related to Leonard. "Crochet" is apparantly a very popular name in LA.

http://www.kplctv.com/global/story.asp?s=13795131

Leonard Crochet, perhaps. He was the man fatally shot by LE during a drug raid on Harvey Burleigh's house.
Post shooting pic (h/t G8trgirl)

Publication:American Press; Date:Apr 22, 2005; Section:Front Page; Page Number:1

The man in the back, in the matching shorts and shirt, is Harvey "Birddog" Burleigh.

The man in the back, in the matching shorts and shirt, is Harvey "Birddog" Burleigh.

The person to the right of the person (woman?) in the red shirt?

That person looks almost like a ghost to me.

She's the one who allegedly sold the truck used in the murder of Kristen Lopez to Warren Gary. ( link )

Connie Silar sold the truck to Warren Gary, not Tabetha Crochet.

(Link no longer available, exerpted by me):

DORIS MARICLE; AMERICAN PRESS November 27, 2007

JENNINGS - A veteran Jeff Davis Parish sheriff's detective has been cleared of wrongdoing in connection with his purchase of a pickup truck that may have been involved in the slaying of a local woman.

The finding follows a seven-month state police investigation of Detective Warren Gary's purchase of the truck from an inmate. ..............

Gary bought the truck from Connie Siler, who had been arrested on worthless-check charges, after she was released from jail on March 30............

The person to the right of the person (woman?) in the red shirt?

That person looks almost like a ghost to me.

Yes, Burleigh is between the girl in the red shirt and the girl in the yellow shirt. The raid occured at his residence.

Connie Silar sold the truck to Warren Gary, not Tabetha Crochet.

(Link no longer available, exerpted by me):

DORIS MARICLE; AMERICAN PRESS November 27, 2007

JENNINGS - A veteran Jeff Davis Parish sheriff's detective has been cleared of wrongdoing in connection with his purchase of a pickup truck that may have been involved in the slaying of a local woman.

The finding follows a seven-month state police investigation of Detective Warren Gary's purchase of the truck from an inmate. ..............

Gary bought the truck from Connie Siler, who had been arrested on worthless-check charges, after she was released from jail on March 30............
You're right! Thanks for the correction. :)

You're right! Thanks for the correction. :)

Several blogs repeat the Tabetha Crochet/truck info, so your mistake is more than understandable.. The only reason I knew it was Connie Silar is because several different blogs named 3 different people as having sold the truck to Warren Gary...Connie Silar, Hannah Conner and Tabetha Crochet. I was so damned confused I finally had to just hunt down msm links (not easy in this case) to verify who it actually was.

:banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back