Dumbbell Weights Found in JB's Room!?!?!

Ames

Reaction score
MIKE KANE: Did you know anything about JonBenet having dumbbells in her room? Did she work out or anything like that?

JOHN RAMSEY: I don't think so. How big were they? Were they -- Burke might have had some, Patsy had some, she was recovering from cancer, she used to ride her bicycle and work these dumbbells. They were usually -- they usually were in the TV room. I am not sure they were there when she was works out, but those were the dumbbells that we had around.

From John's 1998 interview....could this have been the murder weapon?? For the longest time, I have thought that JB was shoved into something in the bathroom...her sink, the side of the tub....or something. Now, I am having my doubts. The weights would make more sense than the flashlight would, because they are heavier. Go back to the autopsy picture of the cracked skull....it looks more like a weight caused that injury, than a flashlight. And if Patsy's prints were found on those...she could just say that they WERE hers, which they were...and thats why her prints were on them. I wonder if the weights were ever dusted for fingerprints?

http://zyberzoom.com/JonBenet.html

The weights sure make more sense then the flashlight. If they are those small hand weights, both ends probably have something like a hexagon shape. It keeps them from rolling around.

The head injury had to be caused by something with an edge sharp enough to focus the damage but not sharp enough to break the scalp.

Baseball bats and flashlights don't have such an edge. Golf clubs don't have mass. Martha Moxley was killed with a golf club and she was a bloody mess. JonBenet was not a bloody mess.

The weights sure make more sense then the flashlight. If they are those small hand weights, both ends probably have something like a hexagon shape. It keeps them from rolling around.

The head injury had to be caused by something with an edge sharp enough to focus the damage but not sharp enough to break the scalp.

Baseball bats and flashlights don't have such an edge. Golf clubs don't have mass. Martha Moxley was killed with a golf club and she was a bloody mess. JonBenet was not a bloody mess.

I am not sure I can join your enthusiasm yet .. who used the dumbells if so and why?

I am not sure I can join your enthusiasm yet .. who used the dumbells if so and why?

Better yet...why were they in JB's room to start with? How many six year olds do you know that work out? John says himself..that JB didn't work out, so why were the weights in her room. Maybe this is what Patsy grabbed when she saw that JB had soiled her bed....YET AGAIN. She had soiled herself earlier in the day too....maybe Patsy just had enough of it...she snapped...and picked up one of the weights and hit her with it...out of rage. Stranger things have happened.

Yeah, it makes more sense to me too. I believe that Patsy snapped and maybe hit her...ONCE...with one of those weights, and then she realized what she had done. OR...what if Patsy shoved JB onto one of them. I am thinking that the injury wouldn't have been as severe, if that had of happened, though.

could be,as far as the mark on JR's face,if there was one ..I was wondering that if Patsy inflicted the head wound,did JR come running when he heard JB scream? (rem. Patsy said she had flashbacks of JB screaming).And if so,did he try to stop her from hitting JB w/ the flashlight or the weight or whatever it was,and he got hit or scraped a bit in the process?B/c we know JB didn't scratch anyone..her nails don't show that but,if JR got in the middle of it, could he have gotten hit when Patsy rared back to hit her?

The only one I see using weights is John or John Andrew and its not been proven that John Andrew was even home. Burke could maybe have fiddled around but I dont see young kids "using them" Why would they have been in Jon Benets room . To me Its just not a good fit,? Not saying anyone is wrong here ?!

The only one I see using weights is John or John Andrew and its not been proven that John Andrew was even home. Burke could maybe have fiddled around but I dont see young kids "using them" Why would they have been in Jon Benets room . To me Its just not a good fit,? Not saying anyone is wrong here ?!

Well, they were there....apparently...because the interviewer asked John what they were doing there, and asked him if she worked out. So, we know that the dumbbells were in her room, we just don't know why. Apparently these were the little ones...like maybe Patsy would have used to tone...not barbells...the kind that John or John Andrew would have used to build muscles. These are like the 5 or 10 lb ones that women work out with....like during aerobics or something. Light enough for JB to have used...that's why the interviewer asked if JB worked out.

JAR didn't have to be home for the dumbbells to be his. I am sure he had many of his belongings at the house.

JAR didn't have to be home for the dumbbells to be his. I am sure he had many of his belongings at the house.

John says that the dumbbells belonged to Patsy...I left that part out when I posted his part of the interview, in post #1....I have went back to correct it, so that everybody can see that John admits that they were Patsy's. I have also posted it here, too.

From John's 98 Interview...

MIKE KANE: Did you know anything about JonBenet having dumbbells in her room? Did she work out or anything like that?

JOHN RAMSEY: I don't think so. How big were they? Were they -- Burke might have had some, Patsy had some, she was recovering from cancer, she used to ride her bicycle and work these dumbbells. They were usually -- they usually were in the TV room. I am not sure they were there when she was works out, but those were the dumbbells that we had around.

John says that the dumbbells belonged to Patsy...I left that part out when I posted his part of the interview, in post #1....I have went back to correct it, so that everybody can see that John admits that they were Patsy's. I have also posted it here, too.

From John's 98 Interview...

Well now that changes alot of things!!

I can imagine that these weights, if they did belong to Patsy, could easily end up being in JonBenet's room. Suppose JonBenet was in her room, watching tv or something to keep her busy and her mom was using these hand weights as she sat on the bed.
I've done that. Removed my weights from their usual place and worked out with them in another room and just set them down on the floor when I was finished. Later I would put them back in their usual place. Maybe after a day or two.
However, if the weight(s) were something used by Patsy on her daughter in a fit of anger, I suspect Patsy would remove the weights from the room, or John would, as they would be a glaring reminder of what happened. Or put far away from where JonBenet would be.
Seems like the murder weapon is usually hidden or put somewhere else after a crime.
JMO

These people never put their things away so I am not surprised they were found in JB's room. Perhaps JonBenet played around with them or Patsy suggested she start toning her arms. JonBenet toned her legs with that spinning-type contraction that the gardener talked about.

Well noe that changes alot of things!!

LOL...sorry that I left that out in the first place...I just wasn't thinking at the time, that it was important who they belonged to, but rather...the fact that they were in JB's room. When I realized the significance...I went back and posted the whole thing.

Where are those dumbbells now? In an evidence locker? Wonder if they were ever tested for prints, DNA. Or if they were found to be "wiped down" like the flashlight and batteries.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back