WebSleuth Members Assisting TES "Journal" and Support Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how the turnout is today?? I'm so curious to see if, with all that's transpired since yesterday, a ton of people want to come out now to support TES and LE. I'm in Connecticut but my step daughter is in Orlando and I'm so fired up I keep thinking about flying down for the weekend just to help search!

Hello all, thank you so much for this thread, your prayers, donation efforts and just for being YOU! I was so excited to bump into Gigi2009, baznme, samijean and Drumstick, I heard the word "thread" in conversation and said "hey, are you guys WSers?" and of course there were immediate welcoming smiles and introductions and we instantly declared ourselves "a group".
The turnout was not so great maybe 150-200- if I'm generous- Oh and speaking of generous- can you say THANKYOU GIGI and DH for not just a cooler but a FREEZER TRUCK full of ice!!! Driven from two hours away no less.
we were put in a team of about 12 and sent out with our map, bugspray, waters and walking sticks. It was hot and sticky, thorny, buggy, swampy and vast. We came accross some interesting finds ( I dont know if I'm allowd to mention them - I dont know why not since they were deemed inconclusive- but I too will err on the side of caution untill further notice). At certain points we would stop and Drumstick would say ok "Now, lets think like Casey..." and we would decide if "Miss Priss" would tromp through the extra thorn-bushy areas heaving a lifeless Caylee- not likely we thought. It was difficult to imagine and physically reenact her going through the motions of discarding her child.

We lasted for about a 9 hour day and then went back to the command center. Subway sent sandwiches which were extra yummy (THANK YOU PREGODEGO!!!!)

It was good to meet Tim of TES. He was very insightful and such a hero. Oh! and we did swing by Anthony Central on the way back to CC - We told Fox news to put more announcements out that TES NEEDS HELP!!!! Unfortunately they dont report half as much about the searching as the drama :mad:

So thats my report Im sure the rest of the kids will fill in what I left out - My hubby wants me to join the family now so I must go. Thanks again for the support- I really enjoyed you gals today- God Bless you all . we took a pic with my cell hopefully this works when I post it... maybe it will just be a link...
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f126/socre8tv/wsers.jpg
:blowkiss:

It was a pleasure to meet you girls, and Mr. Drumstick! lol Sorry I'm just now getting here to respond, but it's been a busy week. I hope to go back out tomorrow and search, but if it's still Sat. I will be there! All of you take care and hope to talk to you soon!

LOL at the pic! :D

Please use the quote button and add your name to the post if you are planning on being there for the Saturday search.

Keep it going.....

I'm posting the ones I know.... thanks everyone!

gigi2009 and Mr. gigi

drumstick

baznme

halleyscomet

Flbeachdawg

nickismom

If they still need help Sat I will be there! See you at the Ice Truck!

I emailed all the news stations asking them to update on their websites and on the air that TES has relocated the command center to coordinate with the Orange County Sheriff's search command center. The new address is: 6317 TPC Blvd., Orlando, FL. It is located on the corner of TCP Blvd. and McCoy Road.

Here is a list of the local stations. The more volunteers the better.

http://www.wesh.com/station/290180/detail.html

http://www.wftv.com/contact/index.html

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pa...Us?pageId=5.11

desk@wkmg.com

tellthegm@cfnews13.com

gmeans@cfnews13.com

schavarie@cfnews13.com

Does anyone know how the turnout is today?? I'm so curious to see if, with all that's transpired since yesterday, a ton of people want to come out now to support TES and LE. I'm in Connecticut but my step daughter is in Orlando and I'm so fired up I keep thinking about flying down for the weekend just to help search!

We spoke to TES and they had 200 people today on a weekday!! So I'm hoping this weekend it will be huge. We just have to get the word out that the Command Center moved.

Hi everyone. Just got home from the search and I can tell you that I feel rejuvinated, encouraged and much more hopeful. There were many more people there today. And a large presence by OCPD. A lot of off duty police officers, different departments of OCPD, boats, dogs...etc. I really think we will find her if this keeps up. Sherrif Berry's support and encouragement has really helped. Osceola County police were even there with their K-9s. There were a bunch of folks with ATVs and then just the plain old folks like us. Tim and his group seemed more upbeat and determined as well. He was really pleased with the K-9s and tried to send out a dog with each group.

For those planning on coming out this weekend, please don't rely on your gps to get you to the new location. It is very close to the old command center but the area is so newly developed that a lot of people were saying that the address didn't register on their GPS.

If you know how to get to the old command center at Holiday Inn, here are directions from there:

When you go out the back of the Holiday Inn Parking lot you are on Laurel Valley Drive. Turn right onto Hazeltine National Drive and turn right onto TCP Drive. Turn left onto McCoy Road and end at 6317 McCoy Road. Don't look for address though because the command center is in the parking lot and you're better off just looking for vehicles and the blue tent at the end of the parking lot. The command center will be on your left and you will see the blue tent at the end of the parking lot.

If you want to mapquest it, the parking lot is on the corner of TPC Blvd and McCoy Rd.

Our group got lost. We started out at the old command center then had to come back to the new command center. If you find yourself on McCoy Rd on the opposite side of Semoran, you are going the wrong way. Go to the Holiday Inn and find the center from there. It's a lot easier.

The Channel 9 newsperson was talking to me and I didn't realize I was being filmed. My daughter will die of embarrassment if I'm on the news! But, as my husband always says, it's a parents job to embarrass their teenagers.

As I said, I really believe we'll find little Caylee. I look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.

I emailed all the news stations asking them to update on their websites and on the air that TES has relocated the command center to coordinate with the Orange County Sheriff's search command center. The new address is: 6317 TPC Blvd., Orlando, FL. It is located on the corner of TCP Blvd. and McCoy Road.

Here is a list of the local stations. The more volunteers the better.

http://www.wesh.com/station/290180/detail.html

http://www.wftv.com/contact/index.html

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pa...Us?pageId=5.11

desk@wkmg.com

tellthegm@cfnews13.com

gmeans@cfnews13.com

[EMAIL="schavarie@cfnews13.com"]schavarie@cfnews13.com[/EMAIL]

awesome Gigi

Just to repeat what gigi said in her post.....

Searchers for Caylee must be 18 & over with a VALID PHOTO ID.

You will be given a form to fill out and asked basic background questions.

Thank you for such a positive response to our plea for searchers here at websleuths to participate in such a worthwhile effort.

I can't put into words how good your heart will feel .... :)

~

Thanks :). We've participated in several searches so we know the drill :).

GO Teams GO! Thank you each and everyone of you for assisting with this search! Maybe it is prayers you sent or words of thanks and encouragement, perhaps a donation, perhaps you helped get the word spread, perhaps you assisted at the command center, and perhaps you were one that participated in the physical searches, whatever you have done or are continuing to do for the Search for Caylee, the WORLD says THANK YOU!

-Snip-
Hi everyone. Just got home from the search and I can tell you that I feel rejuvinated, encouraged and much more hopeful. There were many more people there today. And a large presence by OCPD. A lot of off duty police officers, different departments of OCPD, boats, dogs...etc. I really think we will find her if this keeps up. Sherrif Berry's support and encouragement has really helped. Osceola County police were even there with their K-9s. There were a bunch of folks with ATVs and then just the plain old folks like us. Tim and his group seemed more upbeat and determined as well. He was really pleased with the K-9s and tried to send out a dog with each group.

I just wanted to send out a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to everyone who is working relentlessly to bring Caylee home.

Hopefully, because of the HORRIFIC news that CA has AGAIN been bailed out, 1000's of people show up to search for Caylee.

Since I am in Calif. all I can offer are my prayers for you all from WS, TES, LE, and all of the other volunteers.

Good luck and God speed...

Please use the quote button and add your name to the post if you are planning on being there for the Saturday search.

Keep it going.....

gigi2009 and Mr. gigi

drumstick

baznme

halleyscomet

Flbeachdawg

nickismom

mom_of_five

Theonly1

:)

Keep it going.....

gigi2009 and Mr. gigi

drumstick

baznme

halleyscomet

Flbeachdawg

nickismom

mom_of_five

Theonly1

:)[/Halleyscomet & hubby]

Keep it going.....

gigi2009 and Mr. gigi

drumstick

baznme

halleyscomet

Flbeachdawg

nickismom

mom_of_five

Theonly1

:)[/Halleyscomet & hubby]

Michelle ( my friend)

Crystal (who drove us around last Monday and searched!)

Socre8tv

For those that are helping I have a question or two! When you get in your teams, do they have dogs for each team, or someone with any special equipment? I guess what I am asking is how do they tell you to search? Are you told to look for anything specific? Because if she is buried, how in the world are you suppose to know? I know you can't really tell where you are searching, but maybe you can be in more detail about how you are told to do it.

Dumb question?? sorry

They will explain it to you when you get there. Not all teams have dogs but if you spot something suspicious, they will decide whether or not to send over a person with a dog.

i thank all of you that have been able to go searching. it seems as more people realize its not about the anthony's but about caylee more will show up. i think they want to help just don't want the circus and bs from cindy.

Hi all! This is my first post on here, just been lurking for a couple of days trying to do some reading.

I met Gigi2009, Drumstick, Socre8tv, and Baznme when I showed up to search on Monday.... I drove an hour and a half to the Command Center by myself to join the search efforts, and the WS team took my under their wing, and were super sweet. A large group of us road from location to location in my excursion. Thanks to you all for looking out for me!

Well, it turns out my husband has to work this weekend, and I just found out about it this evening... SOOO I have NO sitter lined up for this weekend. Which means.... I will spend all day on the phone tomorrow lining up sitters for my little ones.

I have a friend of mine that wants to come with me to search one day this weekend.

I am going to head to Sams Club tomorrow and see about getting a case of bug spray to bring with me....

Anyone from Brevard County Florida wanna hitch a ride with me, let me know! I have a full tank and am ready to do whatever it takes to BRING CAYLEE HOME!!

I look forward to getting to know everyone, and thanks again to the gals that were with me on Monday!! See you all again this weekend!

Crystal

Keep it going.....

gigi2009 and Mr. gigi

drumstick

baznme

halleyscomet

Flbeachdawg

nickismom

mom_of_five

Theonly1

:)

OpenMyEyes and Friend

I went out on the search for Caylee today and was kind of surprised by my experience. There was definitely more than the "dozen or so" people there, as was reported yesterday, but still not nearly enough. Although I know that everyone is there for sincere reasons, and has in someway been touched by this case, I felt like many of the volunteer searchers weren't as effective as they could've been. Our group leaders had no more experience or knowledge of the area etc. than any one else, they just simply raised their hand and accepted the job. The command center was fairly disorganized (searchers not knowing where to go, with who, what to look for), and changed while we were on a search. I was disturbed that the team leaders decided for themselves what findings were important and which weren't. As far as we were told, if we find something-we tell the leader-they call the command center. Most of the searchers are locals who took a day off from work to help out, but ended up standing around confused or unguided for too much of the valuable time. I plan on going back as much as possible (working around class/bus schedules). I hope that everyone can pull together better in the coming days so that Caylee can finally go home and so that everyone involved can find peace knowing the truth, good or bad.

I went out on the search for Caylee today and was kind of surprised by my experience. There was definitely more than the "dozen or so" people there, as was reported yesterday, but still not nearly enough. Although I know that everyone is there for sincere reasons, and has in someway been touched by this case, I felt like many of the volunteer searchers weren't as effective as they could've been. Our group leaders had no more experience or knowledge of the area etc. than any one else, they just simply raised their hand and accepted the job. The command center was fairly disorganized (searchers not knowing where to go, with who, what to look for), and changed while we were on a search. I was disturbed that the team leaders decided for themselves what findings were important and which weren't. As far as we were told, if we find something-we tell the leader-they call the command center. Most of the searchers are locals who took a day off from work to help out, but ended up standing around confused or unguided for too much of the valuable time. I plan on going back as much as possible (working around class/bus schedules). I hope that everyone can pull together better in the coming days so that Caylee can finally go home and so that everyone involved can find peace knowing the truth, good or bad.

This is exactly what I wanted to know. I just didn't seem to get the question out right. Thanks for posting this. This is what I kept imagining was happening. I was wondering what guidlines you were to go by and all. What did the child's shoe look like? I wonder who's it was = (
Thanks for going out! Keep us up to date.

More Volunteers Join Caylee Search

After getting thousands of dollars from the Orange County Sheriff's Office, Texas EquuSearch said it will continue its search for Caylee.

After a sluggish start, the number of volunteers searching for the girl quadrupled Thursday.

They've been searching with special equipment near the Orlando International Airport, and not far from the Anthony home, looking for any clues that could help with the case.

"He flipped the coin for us and lit a fire under the search and it exploded the way we anticipated it would explode when we came into town, “ said Mandy Albritton. “We're getting cooperation from them and it's warming my heart."

EquuSearch and the sheriff's office are looking for volunteers to keep looking Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Volunteers are asked to meet at the command center on TPC Boulevard before 8:30 a.m. The searches will go until dusk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10