TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the height discrepancy too. I'm wondering if her nose just looks more straight & bulbous from weight gain and there was no surgery involved on that. She definitely does not look as thin in that picture as she does in earlier ones.

Ctrl and + on your keyboard magnify things..Idk about the article itself though.

If i do that on the pictures they get all blurry, they are THUMB pictures, I want to see the originals

I just noticed that there is this little "fact sheet" to the right of the article:

Jane Doe description

She claimed she was 18 in 1988. She probably was older than that — in her mid-twenties, perhaps
She was tall, about 5'10"
She did not speak with any discernible accent.
She was in Boise at some point in 1988
She had a PO box in Boulder City, Nev., in the late 1980s
She had very long hands, and said she had been a hand model
She may have had a nose job at some point
She had breast implants
She was very religious
She may have had ADHD, OCD, or Tourette's Syndrome
She said she loved Cuban food

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021243552_janedoexml.html

Nevermind about the pictures, I was looking at the mobile version. D'oh

Wow! That picture certainly look like a "before" pic of LEK.

The picture isn't from the comment, I thought that at first too. That picture is already known to be "Lori".

Wow! That picture certainly look like a "before" pic of LEK.
WOW! This article has given us many times more information than everything else combined!

We have been chasing our tails on LEK, it seems to have been an invented identity not a stolen one. She legally changed her name to LEK in Idaho, if you can call it "legally" when you first start with a stolen name. The child who died in the fire was the stolen identity.

The Cuban food preference is interesting. Other than Cuba, Cuban restaurants are mostly found in larger cities. Which ones in the Pacific Northwest would have anything like a sizeable Cuban population?

Moderators, is there any reason to use LER, LEK, and FLEK any longer, since 1) there was no LEK in the first place until a judge in Idaho said there was, and 2) LER's name has been published in a major newspaper? I feel partly responsible since I was the first one to use"FLEK", which has confused many who have come in late to the thread.

Okay so she has the numbers of bankruptcy attorneys and investment fraud attorneys on her sheet.... the only thing that came up during the google search for "402 months" was this kid who was sentenced to 402 months in prison for two armed robberies in LA. That and a guy who sex-trafficked people in IA.

I'm also curious about the notation and phone number in lower left of the page... appears to be "These Eyes" shoot 650-8880. I'm assuming this is a photo/film shoot??

Could the 688-7092 number be the Tredyffrin Public Library in Strafford PA?

I'm also curious about the notation and phone number in lower left of the page... appears to be "These Eyes" shoot 650-8880. I'm assuming this is a photo/film shoot??

323-650-8880 is the number of a commercial photographer in LA. Remember that BST/LEK/FLEK/LER said she had been a hand model. Wonder if they would remember a "These Eyes" ad shoot, and a tall woman?

I wonder if we closing in?

It seems extreme for someone facing bankruptcy to steal an identity but... I wonder if she found herself in serious debt (or debt and crime) and this played some part in her identity change?

I doubt that anybody facing just a bankruptcy would go through the lengths that she did to change her identity. There has got to be a LOT more behind the story. On the other hand, the way she managed to change her identity was rather smart. Remember this was the 1980's before the internet and life as we know it today. Maybe she had some "advisers" that helped her along the way. Is there any way to find out why the lawyer was disbarred?

323-650-8880 is the number of a commercial photographer in LA. Remember that BST/LEK/FLEK/LER said she had been a hand model. Wonder if they would remember a "These Eyes" ad shoot, and a tall woman?

I wonder if we closing in?

I'd like to think we are getting close but I feel certain the REAL investigator ran all these crazy leads.

Post #859 says why he was disbarred -- case neglect essentially.

Actually the California state bar website says something about irreparable injury in 1988.

Given LEK's extensive computer-and-programming based resume, her habits, her personality quirks, and the names of now non-existent telephone companies in her jot sheet, I wonder if she had hands in the computer hacker/phone phreak subculture of the 1970's/1980's. The US Secret Service started cracking down big time on these groups in the 86/87 timeframe, and she may have perceived a threat to herself that didn't really exist and gone on the run. I know the "dead baby birth certificate" method of ID theft was passed around on bulletin boards that catered to these groups -- not that that means much, it was in Day of the Jackal 20 years before that.

As for the 402 months thing, don't some Christian groups believe that Jesus lived for exactly 33 years, 6 months?

And the street name of her address on the ID card was spelled incorrectly. El Caballa. The correct spelling of the street is El Caballo.

FWIW, It appears to be a state issued ID card, not actually a driver's license. Does anybody know about Idaho issuing state ID cards at that time? Seems to me that ID cards could be more easily forged than a driver's license.

We don't know if this was found in Idaho state records or if it just a card that was found in her box of mementos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken