Horrible Christmas card? You judge

My stepsister sent a card just like this last year and I found it so disturbing, I threw it out. I told my stepmother that that card was not cool, even if it was a joke. She agreed surprisingly enough. My stepsister is 42 and IMO should know better.

Horrible and stupid.

[video=twitter;677189940648783872]https://twitter.com/DailyMail/status/677189940648783872[/video]

Yeah, I saw this. No matter how hard I try to recognize that it is supposed to be funny, I can't. Makes me a little sick to my stomach actually.

Oh! I'm in the geographical area and didn't realize it went big. It has come across my feed twice, and I swear if it comes one more time I'm going to have a colossal FB rant lol.

Wow to me that is really crappy, maybe the lady should show a pic of her husband laying on the ground with blood all around his head while she holds a gun (implying she shot him) and saying PEACE ON EARTH about him... I think thats about how nice I feel it is.

Disgusting. Men like this -- and those who think this crap is funny -- deserve to be permanent bachelors.

eta -- When I went to the link, 17 Facebook (l)users had "Liked" the image. I think it is also disgraceful that 12 of the 17 were women.

Disgusting. I want to go on a rant so bad but am restraining myself.

Disgusting. Men like this -- and those who think this crap is funny -- deserve to be permanent bachelors.

eta -- When I went to the link, 17 Facebook (l)users had "Liked" the image. I think it is also disgraceful that 12 of the 17 were women.

It's worse that that. My people are talking about it on local feeds and 95% comments are in favor and the dissenters are called cry babies and told to go home to mommy. Etc.

Hilarious!! And I wonder what makes anyone think this was the husband's idea? I make appt. for any pictures, come up with ideas, discuss it with the photographer. My husband shows up clean in a shirt I picked out. He really is not into the details.

Hilarious!!

sbm

Yeah, sexism and silencing women is inexhaustibly hilarious. Even if it was the wife who was the Nobel Laureate to come up with this idea, I can't help but think what a great lesson she taught her daughters. They're going to be great wives for abusive husbands, some day -- or perhaps Duggar-type brides.

sbm

Yeah, sexism and silencing women is inexhaustibly hilarious. Even if it was the wife who was the Nobel Laureate to come up with this idea, I can't help but think what a great lesson she taught her daughters. They're going to be great wives for abusive husbands, some day -- or perhaps Duggar-type brides.

Do not take yourself so seriously! This is far from the first card I have seen with this type of joke on it. Lighten up! No wonder people hate each other. No one gets a good belly laugh anymore! We are too busy judging everybody to relax and have a good time. I guess being offended and worried about a Duggar bride that will never affect your life is a choice, too.

Do not take yourself so seriously! This is far from the first card I have seen with this type of joke on it. Lighten up! No wonder people hate each other. No one gets a good belly laugh anymore! We are too busy judging everybody to relax and have a good time. I guess being offended and worried about a Duggar bride that will never affect your life is a choice, too.

No thanks. I don't want to celebrate anything that makes it seem legitimate to treat women as second-class people. Perhaps you do -- and I guess that's your right. I think it's kind of sick that anyone thinks this is 'good belly laugh' material. It's no different than jokes about Polish people, blacks, handicapped people, etc.

As for 'no wonder people hate each other' -- attitudes like the one in this "Christmas card joke", and attitudes like yours that defend it, do nothing but help people justify hatred towards each other, because they reinforce ideas about how some people are better than others.

It's your choice to see the world that way, but you won't be successful in trying to shame me into buying into such a worldview.

sbm

Thank you for the laugh. :)

No thanks. I don't want to celebrate anything that makes it seem legitimate to treat women as second-class people. Perhaps you do -- and I guess that's your right. I think it's kind of sick that anyone thinks this is 'good belly laugh' material. It's no different than jokes about Polish people, blacks, handicapped people, etc.

As for 'no wonder people hate each other' -- attitudes like the one in this "Christmas card joke", and attitudes like yours that defend it, do nothing but help people justify hatred towards each other, because they reinforce ideas about how some people are better than others.

It's your choice to see the world that way, but you won't be successful in trying to shame me into buying into such a worldview.

Me neither. That is simply disgusting and I agree that people who think this is good belly laugh material are sick.

The message that silencing females--no, not even silencing, gagging into silence--is a good-natured joke is beyond despicable.

ETA: I get my internet belly laughs from animals doing cute and funny things. Not human females being gagged and apparently being instructed to hang their heads in shame while the male in the family who is clearly younger than all of them strikes a pose of triumph. Duggaresque indeed.

Sick sick sick sick and more sick. I think I have to go throw up now at the thought that people--female people--actually think this is all in good harmless fun.

I take the glorification of abuse very seriously, not so much myself. And I refuse to lighten up about that. I still get plenty of belly laughs, and I don't go around hating random people. But I will continue to judge and speak out against people who think abuse or the portrayal of abuse with kids is joke-worthy, and if that means I will never relax or have a good time again, so be it - but maybe I'll have saved a fellow human being from being abused. That feeling beats any 'good time' any time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back