Police Misconduct??

Brodsky has alleged that running names of friends and relatives was something that most of the police officers did. But of course not Drew P. If Drew P was such a fine upstanding officer- and a sargent who supervised other officers, why did he not report the others for their violation of the policy???
Excellent point! Since he WAS the Desk Sarge n all! He would have been there and known they were ALL doing this.

Here I am waiting for the handcuffs to snap around DP and still he's out there. I am so infuriated that this man is free but I know I have to wait for all the ducks to be lined up. Going back, I remember when Laci went missing LE held press conferences, updating the public, etc. Why is this not happening? Is it because he was a member of law enforcement?

Wicket, yes it may be because he is a member of LE. But not necessarily a bad thing. Remember that every time they release info that Drew P will have a good idea about how that affects the investigation against him. And knowing that will give him an edge, in that he has time to develop his responses to that info (and a chance to even test those responses by discussing them with friends, relatives and even media around him.) By not discussing their findings, not only is the public kept in the dark, so is DrewP. Also, it is a way of keeping the pressure on DrewP by leaking some info about him to the media- he isn't so sure of how much importance they are placing on each finding.

Drew many very well be guilty of misconduct, but if his pension is stopped, it will be the kids who will suffer. If the misconduct charge is something a lot of officers do, let it be.

Drew many very well be guilty of misconduct, but if his pension is stopped, it will be the kids who will suffer. If the misconduct charge is something a lot of officers do, let it be.

I don't believe that a lot of other officers do it. We are only going on Drew's word for that info, any why beleive that after all of the lies Drew has been spewing, he suddenly becomes truthful about something that happens to make someone else look bad?

I don't beieive that the current police cheif would allow such behavior to continue even if they had been doing such things under the previous cheif. Obviously there has been some significant corruption in BB in years past and not just in the PD, but higher up too. That is how Drew got away with murder in the past.

Susan

It's still misconduct. And Drews kids will be better taken care of than most in their situation. The two older boys have a one million dollar policy in a trust. I'm sure the kids would rather have their mothers back than to have money.

Drew never misused police database, his lawyer claims
PETERSON CASE | Says cops routinely did personal searches

Drew Peterson never misused police databases to get information on family or friends, including a man with whom his missing wife, Stacy, traded sexually suggestive text messages, Peterson's lawyer said Monday.

On Monday, McGury said the alleged misconduct didn't involve improper computer background searches. McGury has said he planned to forward information to prosecutors for possible criminal charges.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/679601,CST-NWS-boling04a.article

Isn't that something of a contradiction? Drew P didn't do it, but it was routine to do it

The state periodically audits Law Enforcement Agencies Data System computer usage, Teppel said, and does not tolerate misuse. In fact, a dispatcher was fired in March 2006 for providing sensitive LEADS information to automobile repossessors.

If the audits turned up misuse of computers, the state could pull its service and threaten the department's existence, Teppel said.

"If you don't have access to the LEADS system," he said, "you can't be a police department."

On top of that, Teppel said Brodsky is way off base as to what police Chief Ray McGury presented to Glasgow.

"That would be part of the criminal investigation by the state police," Teppel said of the supposed allegations that Peterson misused department computers. "The state would turn that over to us.

snip: The information unearthed by state police and sent to Bolingbrook for the internal investigation is not related to Savio's death or Stacy Peterson's disappearance, Teppel said.

Police Chief Ray McGury planned to present the information from the internal investigation to the state's attorney's office, but that so far has not resulted in criminal charges against Peterson.

"There's nothing, outside the investigation (of Stacy Peterson's disappearance), the chief has brought us that warrants criminal charges," Pelkie said.

By resigning from the department, Peterson dodged an interview with internal affairs investigators. By failing to show, he was not informed of the accusations being brought, and Teppel doubted either Peterson or his attorney know what they are.

"How does Brodsky know?" the lieutenant said. "Drew refused to show up or have an attorney come in."

Confronting Peterson and demanding he answer the allegations would have made his statements inadmissible in court, Teppel explained.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/679353,4_1_JO04_PETERSON_S1.article

So Brodsky may be fighting a battle over the wrong thing!

I think we've only seen the tip of this iceberg!
Brodsky is going to hammer away at the Chief &
the Chief is going to start swinging!!!!

I bet my money on the Chief!!!!

I think we've only seen the tip of this iceberg!
Brodsky is going to hammer away at the Chief &
the Chief is going to start swinging!!!!

I bet my money on the Chief!!!!

Hi cheko! I think this is the tip of the iceberg too and I don't think the cheif is at all happy his department is up to it's ears in corruption. When I have seen the cheif on the news he seems like an honorable person and you can just tell that he is disgusted by all of this. jmo

Drew never misused police database, his lawyer claims
PETERSON CASE | Says cops routinely did personal searches

Drew Peterson never misused police databases to get information on family or friends, including a man with whom his missing wife, Stacy, traded sexually suggestive text messages, Peterson's lawyer said Monday.

On Monday, McGury said the alleged misconduct didn't involve improper computer background searches. McGury has said he planned to forward information to prosecutors for possible criminal charges.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/679601,CST-NWS-boling04a.article

Has anyone heard anything definitive on what theses criminal charges are?

Has anyone heard anything definitive on what theses criminal charges are?

I remember early on the Chief said that it was unrelated to the investigation into Stacy's disappearance. If he had run Rosotto's info that would be considered related, since they also determined that he made the call from an area near Rossoto's residence. Other than that he hasn't given any clues as to what it is.

I remember early on the Chief said that it was unrelated to the investigation into Stacy's disappearance. If he had run Rosotto's info that would be considered related, since they also determined that he made the call from an area near Rossoto's residence. Other than that he hasn't given any clues as to what it is.

this was the way to get DP fired-and he would have lost his pension because he committed a crime while on duty. and BBP may have lost access to the system.

but he resigned one day before going in front of the hearing to determine his fate-this is why the chief is irate and wants his *advertiser censored*

Thank you Mysteriew I thought that I might have missed some where along the line what criminal charges the chief was discussing.

So why is Brodsky going off half cocked about this computer use for background checks..he is just giving the LEO more ammunition if you ask me.

this was the way to get DP fired-and he would have lost his pension because he committed a crime while on duty. and BBP may have lost access to the system.

but he resigned one day before going in front of the hearing to determine his fate-this is why the chief is irate and wants his *advertiser censored*

silly me- i thought chief wanted his *advertiser censored* for murder but no- chief is really just mad about the LEADS.thought it would be fun to type like a cop- its quicker
susan

Thank you Mysteriew I thought that I might have missed some where along the line what criminal charges the chief was discussing.

So why is Brodsky going off half cocked about this computer use for background checks..he is just giving the LEO more ammunition if you ask me.

Well as the Chief pointed out, Drew P didn't show up for the hearing, so evidently he doesn't know what the charges are, LOL. He must have missed it when the Chief said it was unrelated to the investigation.

Well as the Chief pointed out, Drew P didn't show up for the hearing, so evidently he doesn't know what the charges are, LOL. He must have missed it when the Chief said it was unrelated to the investigation.

chiek said if proven class 3 felony-whatever that means-i am sure the Procesutor will bring it to a grand jury soon

remember brodsky said my client never did that and later said "everyone does it when their bored, etc"

silly me- i thought chief wanted his *advertiser censored* for murder but no- chief is really just mad about the LEADS.thought it would be fun to type like a cop- its quicker
susan

I think that after Stacy went missing, the Chief may have gone to persons in his department and started asking questions. And when he got the answers, he may have learned things about Drew P and something illegal. From what I am reading, actually using the leads for personal reasons isn't against the law, it is against policy. It would only be against the law if he used it against someone.

IMO, the reason the Chief is so hot to charge Drew P is partly because of the embarrassment that Drew P has brought to the department. More recently the things that Brodsky has been saying has probably made him more determined.

Speaking of which, the Chief seems pretty certain that they have enough to file charges and he supposedly sent the info to the State Attorney. So why aren't we hearing that Drew P has been arrested?

I think that after Stacy went missing, the Chief may have gone to persons in his department and started asking questions. And when he got the answers, he may have learned things about Drew P and something illegal. From what I am reading, actually using the leads for personal reasons isn't against the law, it is against policy. It would only be against the law if he used it against someone.

IMO, the reason the Chief is so hot to charge Drew P is partly because of the embarrassment that Drew P has brought to the department. More recently the things that Brodsky has been saying has probably made him more determined.

Speaking of which, the Chief seems pretty certain that they have enough to file charges and he supposedly sent the info to the State Attorney. So why aren't we hearing that Drew P has been arrested?

it is illegal-from the chiefs mouth A CLASS 3 FELONY

Posted this on the Drew thread, but I'll also post here this thought.

Drew was known to be such a womanizer, could someone have come forth to file sexual misconduct charges after he retired..afraid to file them while he was still a cop? Maybe another female officer or someone who worked in the office.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back