Deceased/Not Found MO - Renee Pernice, 35, Kansas City, 2 Jan 2009 - *S. Pernice guilty*

Very interesting comments at this link, Luzianne! Plenty of people commenting about Shon's fascination with dead bodies, stealing everything from paychecks to guns and posession of drugs and large amounts of cash, so they say. I found the person's comment who recalled a conversation with Shon on the subject of feeding dead bodies to hogs most interesting!

I'm not on Myspace or Facebook, but I'd bet Shon brags about himself online somewhere. Anyone up for a search?

Susan

I couldn't find a blog for Shon but I did find he was interviewed on 4th of July last year by a Kansas City TV6 station. Here is the video. Both Shon and Renee speak on the video. http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Also, I searched pipl.com before all the web pages about this case had surfaced and got in the way, and saw where he had posted a lot on military type forums talking about freedom and support the troops and things like that. Also, he had taken his wife to a comedy show and he posted to the comedian that he had taken his wife to see him and that they had been going through some "marriage crap" and it was nice to see her smile again . This was sometime during the summer of 2008. I think it was July. I don't see that link now that all the other web pages are on there because of the case, but I'm sure it's there somewhere.

I checked myspace and facebook,nothing. I did see the article about the comment he left for the comedian and the military pages.

Actually, I live in Kansas City and the word on the street is that he is a member of the Missouri National Guard and he was supposed to be on duty over the weekend, and Renee had told him when he got back she would have his things packed and out of there. She told him last week apparently that she wanted him to move out.

Thanks for checking facebook, Woof and Tonia. Luzianne, when he was posting on the military blogs, did he have a nic or was he just using "Shon"?

I wish we could find a way to get some of those posters from the Kansas City blogspot to discuss with us here at Websleuths. Some of them may read here if they start Googling for info.:balloons: If any of Renee and Shon's friends are here, please, sign up and join the discussion!:balloons::unksam:

Susan

Actually, I live in Kansas City and the word on the street is that he is a member of the Missouri National Guard and he was supposed to be on duty over the weekend, and Renee had told him when he got back she would have his things packed and out of there. She told him last week apparently that she wanted him to move out.

I read that too...so what's his excuse for not showing up for duty that day? Renee's family didn't know she was missing until after he was supposed to be there, Shon didn't call them to see if they knew where she was...he obviously wasn't worried about her since he didn't report her missing! So why didn't he just show up for duty like he was supposed to?

I read that too...so what's his excuse for not showing up for duty that day? Renee's family didn't know she was missing until after he was supposed to be there, Shon didn't call them to see if they knew where she was...he obviously wasn't worried about her since he didn't report her missing! So why didn't he just show up for duty like he was supposed to?

He said because she was missing (on Friday), he didn't show up on Saturday. But your post made me think of something. HER CELL PHONE. He might have called her cell phone to make it look like he was trying to get hold of her. But if it DOESN'T show calls from him, then to me that would indicate that he already knew where she was so he didn't need to call her to find out. If you got up and your spouse was gone, wouldn't you call them and say hey, where are you and when will you be home. Hopefully he was too dumb to call her phone.

Thanks for checking facebook, Woof and Tonia. Luzianne, when he was posting on the military blogs, did he have a nic or was he just using "Shon"?

I wish we could find a way to get some of those posters from the Kansas City blogspot to discuss with us here at Websleuths. Some of them may read here if they start Googling for info.:balloons: If any of Renee and Shon's friends are here, please, sign up and join the discussion!:balloons::unksam:

Susan

Why not post on the Kansas City blog and invite them over? You don't have to sign up to post on that blog. But one of them was posting on another board stuff he knows first hand because he knows people who know Shon and Renee and he was banned from the board because he didn't have proof or a link to back up what he was saying.

On the military ones he was posting as Shon Pernice. You should be able to find those posts through pipl.com. That's how I found them. It was mostly thanking other military people for their service, etc.

Good point. Call the cell, call her work, call her parents and friends, unless you are too busy disposing of evidence to think of it!

Another interesting tidbit. When I was watching the KC news at 5 o'oclock, they said that police got a search warrant and searched the house today. They said Shon and his mother were at the house when police arrived. The reporter on location was asked if the KIDS were at the house too, and she said no - the kids weren't home from school yet. HE SENT THE KIDS TO SCHOOL? He is taking a leave of absence from his firefighter job and he didn't go for his National Guard weekend because she was missing, but he sends his kids to school?

I don't know, maybe having them in a routine would be a good thing but can you imagine your mother is missing and Christmas break has just ended and you have to go to school? I don't think I could send my kids to school so soon, when she is still missing, etc.

Oops! Sorry! Moderator can feel free to delete my posts in this thread then. I didn't realize I was posting in the wrong place.

I'll ask a moderator to merge the discussion posts from this thread to the proper one so we can continue discussing without losing any info.

Susan

I had thought Shon was supposed to leave on Saturday for National Guard. Upon reading further, I see it was Friday he was supposed to leave. So like someone brought up on another thread, what was his excuse for not going? If he thought Renee had just left for a while and didn't know where she went, why wouldn't he go ahead and show up, knowing that Renee knew that he had to go and trusting that she would be there to get the children from the neighbor's where they spent the night?

Thanks for all of the local info you've been giving us Luzianne! I think the mods will move our other posts when they have time.

So he was supposed to leave on Friday...no good excuse for not going, then. I'll bet he has fingernail scratches...wonder if cops took pics when they had him in fro questioning?

Thanks for all of the local info you've been giving us Luzianne! I think the mods will move our other posts when they have time.

So he was supposed to leave on Friday...no good excuse for not going, then. I'll bet he has fingernail scratches...wonder if cops took pics when they had him in fro questioning?

I don't know if they actually have even had him in for questioning. He won't talk to the police other than through his attorney and in the beginning when they asked him for information all he would say is he didn't know where she was. I read an article tonight where the police said he is NOT cooperating with them.

I wonder if Renee had short nails, being a nurse? She was actually a nursing instructor the last 18 months I think, but I would think being a nurse (she used to be an ER nurse), she'd be used to keeping her nails short.

Hey
I was just wondering...does anyone know if the grandparents are trying to get the kids away from the husband?
It just reminds me of Nancy and Brad Cooper...
i mean are the kids safe w/ him if he is suspected of doing something?
I feel sooooo bad for the kids :(

Independence Fire Chief Sandy Schiess said Shon Pernice was granted vacation on Sunday and had been scheduled to report last week to National Guard duty.

Because of his wife’s disappearance, he did not leave.

They also agreed to allow Pernice’s sons to be interviewed by police in a neutral location in Parkville.
Also was mentioned that she took her keys and wallet. I have heard the car was in the driveway,i have heard that its missing to but i cant find any reports about the cars whereabouts.

It will be interesting to see what they find in the house. I feel that they will find some interesting things. Shon was into a lot of weird things, as most of you can read from the KC STAR Blog's. It would be interesting to talk to someone from the National Guard to see what type of missions he did in Iraq. You can't believe what Shon has to say. I have a feeling he played up his role in Iraq to everyone. Also, Shon was in the Navy also. He was on active duty and in the Naval Reserves. He was a Quartermaster. I'm waiting for him to declare PSD anytime now. I wonder what he told the Fire Department about his time in Iraq.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City police have begun searching the home of a missing 35-year-old mother of three.

The search of Renee Pernice's home began Thursday and could last 24 to 36 hours.
Investigators believe her disappearance is suspicious, and that foul play may have been involved.
more at link
http://www.kmbc.com/news/18440357/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong