Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean caught!!

This is what I'm trying to figure out! It would be simple if he believed the baby to be his, to come up with a motive ~ avoid child support and preserve his marriage. If he knew the child wasn't his, then was it rage at her having lied to him previously? Or???:waitasec:
Some where among all the posts from last year I speculated that she went to CAL's house to tell him he wasn't the father of her child.

Wow this is huge!! Not the father oh her child. Wish more info would come out. Can't wait for the trial. Wonder who the father is??:confused:
Wonder when he did find this information out, or maybe he didn't even know that when he killed her.

I am looking forward to this trial. I too wonder who fathered Maria's unborn child. I hope Maria's family receives justice for her brutal murder. So SICK that she was found in that BBQ pit!

Some where among all the posts from last year I speculated that she went to CAL's house to tell him he wasn't the father of her child.
That theory is making a lot more sense now! She'd gone to the bus station, was going to be heading to El Paso, and went to tell CL ~ and all h*ll broke loose. MOO

That theory is making a lot more sense now! She'd gone to the bus station, was going to be heading to El Paso, and went to tell CL ~ and all h*ll broke loose. MOO
I do wonder if these details will come out at trial and what the connection to El Paso was???

To my knowledge it has never been determined as fact that the unborn child was a boy, early reports had said a girl.

I do wonder if these details will come out at trial and what the connection to El Paso was???

To my knowledge it has never been determined as fact that the unborn child was a boy, early reports had said a girl.
I just wonder if there is anyone who can explain the El Paso connection or it was something only Maria knew.

I'm really going to have to go back and re-read what came out shortly after the autopsy as to the condition of the fetus' remains. However I do remember that the name "Gabriel" had been given to the baby so it seems Maria had already had an ultrasound or knew the sex of the baby. :) MOO

I just wonder if there is anyone who can explain the El Paso connection or it was something only Maria knew.

I'm really going to have to go back and re-read what came out shortly after the autopsy as to the condition of the fetus' remains. However I do remember that the name "Gabriel" had been given to the baby so it seems Maria had already had an ultrasound or knew the sex of the baby. :) MOO
This was from an article I saved:

As the search widened for her suspected murderer, Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean, initial autopsy results on Lauterbach's burned body, found buried in a North Carolina field, indicate that Lauterbach was eight-months pregnant with a baby girl, the official said.

Earlier reports from Lauterbach's hometown in Ohio had said the unborn baby was a boy, to be named Gabriel Joseph.

She had told her family she believed her unborn child was a boy based on an early sonogram. Officials say a second autopsy will be conducted by the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4155874&page=1

This was from an article I saved:

As the search widened for her suspected murderer, Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean, initial autopsy results on Lauterbach's burned body, found buried in a North Carolina field, indicate that Lauterbach was eight-months pregnant with a baby girl, the official said.

Earlier reports from Lauterbach's hometown in Ohio had said the unborn baby was a boy, to be named Gabriel Joseph.

She had told her family she believed her unborn child was a boy based on an early sonogram. Officials say a second autopsy will be conducted by the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4155874&page=1

Wow ~ thanks for saving that!

I also noticed an error in the article, which states her body was found in a field and in actuality it was Laurean's back yard.

OK, so let me get this straight............In April, the AP gave a misreport that Maria's child was NOT in fact Caesar's and then they retracted that statement as incorrect. (Which btw, I believe I said it was wrong from what had been reported to that date)

Now the AP has been leaked DNA tests completed as of May 7th, by the Army, that the child is NOT Caesar's.:slap:

Something is wrong with this picture.:rolleyes:

What is the Army doing LEAKING personal medical information?:confused:
Isn't there a law or something?:eek:

Why is that pertinent?:mad:

Caesar Laurean is NOT on trial for being the father of Maria's baby and he's NOT on trial for RAPE.:crazy:

I believe the charge is MURDER!!!!!!:furious:

IF the trial was in California, it'd be DOUBLE MURDER, eligible for the Death Penalty.:behindbar

Obviously, Mr. Laurean had a problem with Maria or he wouldn't have killed her and her unborn child and he wouldn't have burned her body two, three times!!!!!!!:chicken:

Forget the cra* and get the trial on the road.

ggrrrr
IMHO
fran

PS........I believe Maria's parents need to consult an attorney ASAP....The Army may be in violation of the law by leaking the medical records of their murdered daughter and grandchild to the press. AP needs to be taken down a notch or two. They are not exempt from the law...:furious:...fran

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/5155972/

AP: Laurean not father of slain Marine's child

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/05/16/marine.slaying/index.html

Suspect in pregnant Marine's death not father of unborn child.

From Susan Candiotti
CNN

(CNN) -- The Marine accused of killing Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach, who was more than eight months pregnant, was not the father of her unborn child, a law enforcement source close to the murder investigation said Saturday.

Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean, 22, who is being held on a murder charge, is scheduled for arraignment in June.

The source, who has seen a report completed earlier this month by the Defense Department's Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, said Cpl. Cesar Laurean's DNA does not match that of the unborn child, who also died.

Laurean and Lauterbach were stationed at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina

OK, so let me get this straight............In April, the AP gave a misreport that Maria's child was NOT in fact Caesar's and then they retracted that statement as incorrect. (Which btw, I believe I said it was wrong from what had been reported to that date)

Now the AP has been leaked DNA tests completed as of May 7th, by the Army, that the child is NOT Caesar's.:slap:

Something is wrong with this picture.:rolleyes:

What is the Army doing LEAKING personal medical information?:confused:
Isn't there a law or something?:eek:

Why is that pertinent?:mad:

Caesar Laurean is NOT on trial for being the father of Maria's baby and he's NOT on trial for RAPE.:crazy:

I believe the charge is MURDER!!!!!!:furious:

IF the trial was in California, it'd be DOUBLE MURDER, eligible for the Death Penalty.:behindbar

Obviously, Mr. Laurean had a problem with Maria or he wouldn't have killed her and her unborn child and he wouldn't have burned her body two, three times!!!!!!!:chicken:

Forget the cra* and get the trial on the road.

ggrrrr
IMHO
fran

PS........I believe Maria's parents need to consult an attorney ASAP....The Army may be in violation of the law by leaking the medical records of their murdered daughter and grandchild to the press. AP needs to be taken down a notch or two. They are not exempt from the law...:furious:...fran

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/5155972/

AP: Laurean not father of slain Marine's child

Actually Fran the military pathologists must turnover this evidence to the State's jurisdiction in Onslow county. I am sure the DA went through the proper protocol to get these records. It wasn't the Army but the Armed Services which does this type of testing for all of the entire defense branches including Laurean and Maria who were both Marines.

This is not anything new. A reporter right there in Jacksonville, NC stated about 9 months ago that a source within the FBI had told him that they did not believe that Laurean was the father of Gabriel. I am sure Maria's family were aware of it even before it has now been confirmed by the AP and CNN.

To answer your question. "Why is that pertinent?:mad:" IMO, it will be very pertinent as the case comes to trial. Both sides knows a case doesn't just begin and end when there has been a murder. There is much too learn about Laurean and Maria as well to show how this day came about and ended in this result.

While motive is not legally required I think most jurors do expect the DA to explain the case fully to them and why they think he did this and I do think they expect the defense to put on a case showing their theory. I do think McNeil will use this information in the trial.

Personally I think Laurean knew all along that Gabriel wasn't his. It does muddy the case some, imo, because if Gabriel wasn't his then why would he kill Maria?

With Laurean telling Chirstina that he did not have sexual contact with Maria then it only bolsters why she is sticking by him knowing Gabriel was not his, just like he told her all along.

The most intriguing news about this though to me is Gabriel does have a biological father out there somewhere yet he never stepped up to claim his own son. I remember at the very beginning of this case rumblings about "an officer". I wonder if Gabriel belongs to someone of power in the Corps. Someone in their own unit. Someone who may have sat up the whole scenario of the rape allegations. Someone who made sure that Laurean and Lauterbach were placed together alone on night duty.

This case is so intriguing to me. So many things unknown at this time.

I have never thought this was a premeditated case. No one premeditates a crime carefully and then buries the body in their own backyard when there is thousands of remote wooded acres all around them to discard the body some place else. The aftermath shows panic, immaturity and sloppy disorganization, imo. I still continue to think this was a crime of passion that erupted when these two got together inside his home when she came back the second time.

Even the one blow to the head is highly unusual for bludgeoning cases imo. Usually if a blunt instrument is used there will be multiple blows to the head but the ME did not say she died from multiple blunt force trauma but listed it as blunt force trauma which was the blow to the side of her head in the temporal area.

So I do hope we learn the full story of what transpired between Laurean and Maria all those many months before this happened.

imo

Gag order issued in Laurean case
[SIZE=-1]ENC Today - Jacksonville,NC,USA[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]An Onslow County judge has issued a gag order in the Cesar Laurean case, according to court documents made public today.[/SIZE]

I guess he changed his mind.

After all he had let the DA and LE hold PCs very frequently and couldn't fairly tell McNeil he couldn't speak out now since Laurean is back.

With Laurean telling Chirstina that he did not have sexual contact with Maria then it only bolsters why she is sticking by him knowing Gabriel was not his, just like he told her all along.
Respectfully, it dosn't mean that he didn't have sexual contact with her at some point however, it just means that he's not the father of her child. Unfortunately this can't be proven now, unles he confesses, as she dropped the accusations (not uncommon sadly, if she was telling the truth).

Respectfully, it doesn't mean that he didn't have sexual contact with her at some point however, it just means that he's not the father of her child. Unfortunately this can't be proven now, unless he confesses, as she dropped the accusations (not uncommon sadly, if she was telling the truth).

What I meant is with him not being the father of Gabriel only supports Christina's belief in him that he did not have sexual contact with Maria. I think Christina believes every word Laurean has told her and that is why she has stood by him and is continuing to do so.

She did not drop her allegations. She only redacted the story about him being the father of her child.

imo

I don't see any relevancy between the charge of murder and the fact that he is not the father of the murdered baby. IMO, Cesar thought that he was the father and also thought that the s*** was about to hit the fan if she were allowed to have the baby and "prove" that he had indeed had sex with her, willingly or not willingly on her part. This fact alone would have disproved everything that he told his wife concerning the rape, since he told her that he had never had sex with Lauterbach. It really doesn't matter if he is the father or not, as long as he thought he was at the time of the murder. His motive IMO was to remove her from his life before she delivered the baby and had paternity tests done, he believed this so strongly that he committed the murder and buried her and built a BBQ pit over her. To me, that points to a real strong belief that the baby could be his. I bet he is really sick to his stomach to find out that if he had only waited and taken the paternity test he would have gone on with his lie about having sex with her. He murdered her just to save his own sorry hide.

I don't see why Laurean had to know or even thought that Gabriel was his. There is no evidence that he knew or thought he was the father. For 8 long months all of this went on and he never missed a day of work even knowing that Maria was first accusing him for months of being the father of her child. Even went on vacation and came back just like he always did.

He may not be the sharpest tool in the drawer but his wife had been pregnant before and he knows a pregnancy lasts 9 months not 10. Maria had already cleared him of being the father because she knew he wasn't and that was way back the first of November. Again, he did all the duties he was supposed to preform. Not one bit of interaction between the two ever happened until the very day she came to his home and then was killed.

Now I do say this, CL and CL alone knew if that child was his or not from day one. So if he knew all of this was just another falsehood put out by Maria for months then he would have simmering anger that the allegations, even though he was never charged, robbed him of his career, caused problems between him and his wife and he may have lured Maria to his home because he had a vendetta against her and had a lot of rage against her.

I do think it will become very relevant in the trial. It shows Maria falsely accused him for months when Gabriel was not his child all along.

McNeil said he was not the least bit surprised to learn Gabriel wasn't Laurean's. Sounds like he expected all along that he wasn't. He did say he was glad that it was released so that it would quell some of the rumors.

I think there are more rumors he will put to rest at trial also.

If Laurean was trying to get rid of Gabriel he could have removed him from the womb and he sure wouldn't have left him inside of his mother and buried them in his own backyard, imo.

imo

I don't see any relevancy between the charge of murder and the fact that he is not the father of the murdered baby. IMO, Cesar thought that he was the father and also thought that the s*** was about to hit the fan if she were allowed to have the baby and "prove" that he had indeed had sex with her, willingly or not willingly on her part. This fact alone would have disproved everything that he told his wife concerning the rape, since he told her that he had never had sex with Lauterbach. It really doesn't matter if he is the father or not, as long as he thought he was at the time of the murder. His motive IMO was to remove her from his life before she delivered the baby and had paternity tests done, he believed this so strongly that he committed the murder and buried her and built a BBQ pit over her. To me, that points to a real strong belief that the baby could be his. I bet he is really sick to his stomach to find out that if he had only waited and taken the paternity test he would have gone on with his lie about having sex with her. He murdered her just to save his own sorry hide.
What you say makes the most sense to me, my bolding of a particular point I like. It dosn't make sense that he would kill her if he knew for sure that he wasn't the father. It just dosn't. It's obviously not impossible, but this seems to be a killing with rage or at the very least a certain brutalness to it--an emotional aspect to it, at least to me. If he knew for sure he wasn't the father, aka never had any contact with her, why kill her? Why kill her while she was pregnant? Eventually the story would come out, stuff would blow over, a test would take place and prove he wasn't the father.....eventually, at some point, life would go on. Even if he had a murderous rage, why take it out on a child? Unless he had a vested interest, aka he thought there was a chance he was the father.

Most pregnant women that are killed are killed by someone close to them, almost always a husband, a boyfriend, a former lover. Unless the rape accusation was true, or if they did have consensual contact, then IMO he thought there was a darn good chance that baby was his, his house of lies would fall, stuff would really hit the fan, and he had to get rid of it. This really is the most "logical" to me in my opinion.

I just saw footage on HLN of Cesar on his way to court today. Of course he pled 'not guilty'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back