UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg, I am so very sad for what this beautiful baby boy was forced to endure, for his Father's pain, for all that loved Ethan, and yes I am even sorry for the judge that issued custody as he/she had no way of knowing there would be harm brought upon this child. This was the first thread that made me walk away, grab some maalox and a nerve pill and have a long cry!
(I have lost so much of my faith in both mankind and God, but tonight I will pray and beg for there to be a Heaven that has embraced little Ethan and all the other innocent children that suffer!) God help us all, but first help our children!

EVERY TIME she took a picture of this beautiful chid she could've texted or called 911!! EVERY TIME!!

that would be my closing statement to the death penalty jury for Mrs Sloop.

I hope she loves having the last name of the man who she helped take her child's life.

Bumping for Calliope for the County Attorney's email address.

They haven't gotten their formal charges yet. The DA is still considering them. Supposed to come by Friday.

The Davis County Attorney's Office said it will hold a press conference Friday morning to announce formal charges against a couple accused of murdering their 4-year-old child and dumping his body in a remote area in Ogden Canyon.

Lead prosecutor Troy Rawlings said his office was still waiting Wednesday for the Utah State Medical Examiner's autopsy report on Ethan Stacy, as well as compiling additional evidence from Layton police.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700031731/Charges-mulled-in-boys-murder-case.html

Davis County Attorney Troy Rawlings
Email: troy@co.davis.ut.us

ETA: It has never bothered me to email officials, even if I don't live in the county or state. I just figure they want to know how the public at large feels about a case, a perpetrator, or a victim :)

This is almost too hard to believe...no one would believe it if it were a book or a movie...it is beyond belief in every way...taking drugs, if involved, is no explanation for any of this...it is so hard to fathom that any one person could be capable of this type of crime, let alone two...

I feel sad for the people of the state of Utah as well as all who knew Ethan...what a horrific thing to have happened...it must be just mind-boggling to hear these details coming out and so many locals will have to deal with this on some level, either as jurors or law enforcement, etc...

on the way to the burial she goes into to different stores buy 2 cans of lighter fuild and two slushie drinks.
(in her statment)

I joined WS july of 2008 during the Caylee case. I read here every day. I have read some horrible stuff. I have seen how people can be cruel to others. Though my heart hurts for all the victims I rarely am in tears reading. The details of what this female allowed to happen to the child she bore has me balling. BOTH of them deserve the death penalty and in my mind she deserves worse. It was her job to protect her flesh and blood.
My prayers go out to the LE who had to sit through this interview, the LE who had to dig up the mutalated babies body, the Me and staff, and the family and friends who loved this child. My heart hurts to think this could happen to a child in this country.

The family can be protected to an extent, but LE and the others who searched for him saw things no person should ever have to witness. I don't understand how they carry on after something like this; God bless and hold them too.

:rose:
Ethan what a beautiful little boy may he RIP.

Who can take the life of child in so little regard? I will never understand. I can guess with great certianty that there are many just like me here reading thinking, wondering the same questions.

How? Why?

There is no answer that will ever be satisfactory to me. It hurts to read these stories. I hope, I wish I never read another.

But as long as I live, I know that I will hear, feel or see another story like Ethan's. So sad, so wrong.

I pray for change in a system that fails our children, I hope for stronger, harsher punishments for those who disregard and violate our children.

You know, I'm really thankful we have this bulk of personal writings from both of them. This is great evidence. AND it may be helpful to future cases. SOOO many red flags here. I wonder if any family/friends/readers picked up on this before the fact, if anyone ever tried to talk to the bio father about it. I wish someone had been vigilant for this poor little boy. :(

Still catching up reading.... and lots to go... but I had to reply to this post. I agree! I think not only should the writings in this wedding blog/site but also the coroners photo's should be READ by the JUDGE who ORDERED ETHAN VISIT HIS MOTHER! That family court judge should be ORDERED to READ AND EXPLAIN to not only Ethans paternal family, but the public WHY he or she felt Ethan was safe with these two monsters. :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Perhaps then, and only then will family court judges take seriously the very real danger some parents are to their children.

Is the name of the family court judge who sent Ethan to these two monsters public? If so that judge needs a lot of letters demanding answers!

JMVHO

They recorded it???

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37120003/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Interview summaries filed by Layton police detectives documented a pattern of increasingly harsh treatment of the boy, who was sent by a Virginia judge to Utah for a summer visit with his mother.

Investigators said they obtained photographs and video images of the boy's progressively worse condition from the mother's cell phone, starting more than a week ago.

I've never felt more like simultaneously crying and vomiting. This poor child. There are no words.

For those just joining and/or guests. A time-line of hell!

May 4th - Tuesday
first of many cell phone pictures mom took of abuse over the days

May5th - Wednesday
Boyfriend's mom visited - said all was fine
Child suffered face and head injuries

Quote from RubyRed quote:
Between May 5 and May 8, Ethan "exhibited signs and symptoms of a possible head injury or brain swelling due to a head injury," Stephanie Sloop told police Tuesday while being interviewed about her son's death. Ethan did not eat well, was vomiting, lethargic and exhibited non-responsive behavior, according to the reports.

May 6th - Thursday
Child was burned with scalding water

May 7th - Friday
Child suffering from scald burns and head injuries

May 8th - Saturday
Child continues to suffer from scald burns and head injuries

May 9th - Sunday (Mother's Day)
Ethan was buried - teeth and face smashed with baseball bat, lighter fluid used to destroy evidence

May 10th (Monday)
late in day reported child missing

May 11th (Tuesday)
child found buried - teeth and face smashed in with baseball bat, lighter fluid used to destroy evidence

ETA: please let me know of inaccurate information or info that needs to be added,. TIA

I honestly don't think the judge could have possibly guessed anything remotely like this could have happened...the mother did not even have a criminal record that we know of and his was back 6 years or so and not especially violent and nothing to do with children IIRC...judges have so little to go on, they can't refuse visitation without solid reasons and I am not sure what would have been there for he/she to refuse it...I doubt very much the father of Ethan could have imagined his child'e actual life was in danger...even if he very much did not want to send him out there...

They were torturing that boy to "get back" at his father, weren't they? That is the sickest thing I've ever heard.

Excellent point.

After reading this nauseating crap from these two arrogant self-absorbed asses, I believe they simply didn't want to be bothered with little Ethan. He probably "provoked" them just by being around :furious:

I'm sure they didn't. Ethan was nothing more than a pawn to both of them to get back at their ex's for being competent parents who weren't so self absorbed they were able to put the child first.

I'd have to back and read that nauseating wedding page again, but somewhere they both wrote that they shared everythign about their pasts so their ex's couldn't use it against them. A very very odd statement imo. When one is over an ex and not seeking revenge they no longer give that ex any thought or time in their mind. These two were apparently VERY concerned over their ex's and how they felt 'wronged'. I'd bet the two believed they were wronged by everyone - it was never their fault- blah blah blah.... and they both fed off each other with that sick relationship they had.

I am just soooo saddened that poor 4 yr old Ethan was caught in the midst of it costing him his life.

and just when you think you've read so much here people couldn't possibly be more evil along comes Stephanie and Nathan. There are no words for this type of evil. Other than people like them will likely enjoy hell.... and that is a scary thought.

jmvho

She heard him being beat in the bedroom and did nothing. This is horrible.
He was given Benadryl to keep quiet.
She did not get him help because she was afraid Nate would harm her if she tried to.

http://www.fox13now.com/media/acrobat/2010-05/53729228.pdf

She is a . She could have called for help when she heard what was happening. That monster let that little boy die.

Everything I type, I delete. I just don't have words for this! I just keep imagining him crying for help, crying for his father, crying for anyone to protect him or help him. And then I think of his poor father crying wishing he could have been there to protect him.

The wedding site is now password protected against guests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member