Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Status #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Radiation detectors at Dallas-Fort Worth and Chicago O’Hare airports were triggered when passengers from flights that started in Tokyo passed through customs, the New York Post reported."

My hubby will feel vindicated because I asked like 20 times if he was sure he wasn't seeing security wands when he was there getting his co worker................ LOL

Let me add they were scanning way back on monday... so what does that say???

I can just hear BillyBobBubba now..."Well, we gotta keep them for-ee-neers outta here. They bringing that chit over here when they get off them big planes!"

They just said on CNN that the US government is sending over a team of nuclear experts...

gamma rays gamma rays gamma rays

I just keep hearing "gamma rays"

Only thing that comes to mind immediately is Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno and the Incredible Hulk. That story completely evolved around "gamma ray radiation".

PS CNN on Now - White House Briefing with Jaczko

The government has instructed local governments to conduct tests for radioactivity levels in domestically produced foods using a provisional standard set up by the government for the first time ever, as a result of the evolving nuclear crisis at a Fukushima power plant crippled by last Friday's magnitude 9.0 earthquake, ministry officials said Thursday.

''Although all the local authorities are required to conduct the tests, they will mainly be enforced on the fresh foods produced in municipalities related to the (nuclear power plant) accident,'' said Kohei Otsuka, vice minister for health, labor and welfare.

http://english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/03/79062.html

Won't this radiation penetrate packaged foods? Maybe not canned, but bagged and boxed, imo.

So we are ahead of CNN by about an hour or so.......good job guys!

LAX Passengers, Cargo Screened For Radiation Ahead Of Japan Plume
March 17, 2011 9:41 AM

LOS ANGELES (CBS/AP) — The Department of Homeland Security has begun screening passengers and cargo arriving in LAX from Japan for “even a blip of radiation” as radiation from the ongoing nuclear disaster is expected to arrive in Southern California.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011...-screened-for-radiation-ahead-of-japan-plume/

"My friend has a car but gas shortages mean you can't get out even if you have a car. Trains are not running to this part of the country, buses have been sort of running."
"I'm weighing options on a safe and reliable way to try and leave without making my situation worse."

"I would love to have as much information as possible, if I said anything about being frustrated, I think the government foesn't frustrate me as much as TEPCO (nuclear plant's owners)."

The differences in what they are saying and what other sources have been saying is going on are frustrating."

"There has been a lack of information about what to do, until I heard information advising US citizens to leave I hadn't heard anything."
"A lot of it has been watch the news and make up your mind on what to do with it."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/world/magnit...an/story-e6frfkyi-1226019903430#ixzz1GsVPChS4

Won't this radiation penetrate packaged foods? Maybe not canned, but bagged and boxed, imo.

What about seafood? That's one of my big concerns. I hate the thought of dead marine life washing ashore.

gamma rays gamma rays gamma rays

I just keep hearing "gamma rays"

Only thing that comes to mind immediately is Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno and the Incredible Hulk. That story completely evolved around "gamma ray radiation".

PS CNN on Now - White House Briefing with Jaczko
Pay particular attention to his mannerisms, reactions to questions etc. IMO his body told on him when he did the interview two days ago. I'm not saying he is lying, he is definitely providing information...but like somebody else mentioned up thread, "lying by omission" possibly? Unless this is a new interview and he does much better this time. JMO

Most of us here are keeping up hourly because we are interested and concerned. But many Americans aren't even paying attention. And it would cause a panic if someone in government came out and said this is heading our way, watch out.

And truthfully, I don't think the American masses would behave with the dignity we are witnessing in Japan, no offense to anyone.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Thursday that no harmful levels of radiation have reached the U.S. since the nuclear crisis in Japan sparked by last week’s devastating earthquake and tsunami.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011...-screened-for-radiation-ahead-of-japan-plume/

oops, sorry for the "bolding" incident there........
No offense but anytime and everytime that woman speaks I turn off the sound. To me and just my opinion - she is absolutely useless!!!!

ok - back to regular programming...............

No kidding Cluc, I don't even want to think about this place in a panic. I remember the first hours of 911, and I'm afraid that would pale in comparison to the waves of panic this might set off.

No offense but anytime and everytime that woman speaks I turn off the sound. To me and just my opinion - she is absolutely useless!!!!

ok - back to regular programming...............

Aw WOO, and I had got you an autographed pic of her fer ur birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member