Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

We still do not have a POI or suspect so the following warning still stands:

THIS IS THE LAST WARNING!!!!!

LAY OFF THIS FAMILY!
Mental illness does NOT automatically translate into violence. The mom has made no public appearances so speculating about her intelligence, mental capacity, etc. is totally off the wall. You cannot speculate about their involvement outside of the facts given.

WS VICTIM FRIENDLY POLICY - Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior,good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally,sleuthing family members that are not suspected of being involved in the crime or disappearance is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.
Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Give it a rest until LE gives us something.

Also, please stop bickering over the teeth and home issue.

Any more violations and TO's will be recommended.

Let's stick to the facts that we know and develop our theories around those. We should be getting more information soon.

Please do NOT post rumors from Facebook or anywhere else.

When the books written about this case come out, I hope the authors are able to give us
a lot of info on the backgrounds of the key "players". It seems as though it'll be a good read.

I haven't read any of Ann Rule's recent books; some haven't rec'd the best reviews.
But I still like her & hope she'll write about it.

ETA: I posted & then deleted the above comments at the last thread & then brought over here,
but I went back to check on s'thing & saw it was still there. Sorry about the double posting.

P.S. Who is your fav true crime writer?

From the intellicast.com web site...........on Monday, 7/25 the low temperature in Stewartstown was 46 degrees, high 75. Precipitation occurred, but it does not say at what time during the day or night. The low for Tuesday, 7/26 was 54 degrees. There was also some precipitation that day. Since the low temperature normally occurs after midnight and before sunrise, the evening CC vanished the low temperature was most likely in the mid 50's.

In nearly all MSM reports, I have read that the first truck seized---the red truck, is driven by (as opposed to owned by) KM according to neighbors.

The silver truck has almost always been described as owned (as well as driven) by WN.

When the books written about this case come out, I hope the authors are able to give us
a lot of info on the backgrounds of the key "players". It seems as though it'll be a good read.

I haven't read any of Ann Rule's recent books; some haven't rec'd the best reviews.
But I still like her & hope she'll write about it.

ETA: I posted & then deleted the above comments at the last thread & then brought over here,
but I went back to check on s'thing & saw it was still there. Sorry about the double posting.

P.S. Who is your fav true crime writer?

If I could choose who would write the book it would be Greg Olsen. I think he does a really detailed job of exploring the perp's mind while writing the story well. I don't think Ann Rule does a good job :(

Hypothetical question: Can someone be arrested that is a patient in a hospital? tia

Hypothetical question: Can someone be arrested that is a patient in a hospital? tia

Yes. Both general hospitals & psych hospitals.
If they aren't able to be removed at that time,
a security guard or LE sits outside the patient's door.

In nearly all MSM reports, I have read that the first truck seized---the red truck, is driven by (as opposed to owned by) KM according to neighbors.

The silver truck has almost always been described as owned (as well as driven) by WN.

I wonder why LE seized this red truck right away?

Did they observe something in the vehicle that made them instantly suspicious. Enough to get probable cause for a SW?

IMO

They sure can. But I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen in this case.

When the home was taped there were photos and one was of a green van or SUV type vehicle covered with yellow crime scene tape. I'm trying to find this photo. It came out when the home was taped up.

Did they observe something in the vehicle that made them instantly suspicious. Enough to get probable cause for a SW?

IMO

Well, I have spent countless time wondering what this investigator is looking at so intently.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-08-06 at 7.41.00 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-08-06 at 7.41.00 PM.png
    221.2 KB · Views: 149

IMO

T-Shirt (clothing) in the flatbed of the red truck?

If I could choose who would write the book it would be Greg Olsen. I think he does a really detailed job of exploring the perp's mind while writing the story well. I don't think Ann Rule does a good job :(

I've read recently that others don't care for Ann Rule, either.
That's the reason I'm asking WSers... I figure they know best
who'd write the best true crime.

Years ago, after reading my first true crime book... which was one of Ann Rule's
first books (if not the first), about Ted Bundy, was what got me interested in true crime.
I think the first case I followed at WS was the JonBenet Ramsey case.

From what we have seen, LE appears to be focusing on the family/occupants of the home; with this LE in particular, though, we probably would not know if they had moved on and were looking elsewhere. I am not totally closed off to the idea of an outsider, although as always, it seems unlikely. A complete stranger seems the least likely of any scenario, in my opinion, due to Celina being found so close to home in particular. A stranger would stand out in this town and would probably want to get clear of the area, rather than take a chance being seen mucking around at river's edge.

My feelings are that Celina went out on her own for some reason, or that she was already deceased when she was removed from the house.

I'm rushing to vacuum rugs & clean the bathroom floors, while stopping to come here too.
I don't have time to go look for it, but does anyone remember NN's age?

i'm not convinced that she didn't sneak out with friends, kids do that all the time, and their parents don't know. I would be interested in who she was chatting with online, maybe, and just a maybe some of them decided to sneak out and just hang out together for awhile down by the water, everybody bring a blanket or something to sit on, and then maybe something happened, an accident...kids panic, don't want to get in trouble for being out...so they wrap her in a blanket and put her in the water...i'm not saying thats what happened but it is a possibility, wouldn't make her a bad girl or anything, just normal kid stuff...

i'm just not convinced that someone in her family did something to her.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member