CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
@larryryckman: Prosecutors say they're on schedule after 4 weeks of #theatershooting trial. They get 2 months, defense gets 1 and penalty phase is 1-plus

https://twitter.com/larryryckman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@larryryckman: Holley owned and managed apartment building where defendant lived on Paris Street in Aurora.

Will anyone help me out-Why is the defense objecting to emails as hearsay? I’ve watched many trials that let emails, texts in. How can it be hearsay in this trial?

Will anyone help me out-Why is the defense objecting to emails as hearsay? I’ve watched many trials that let emails, texts in. How can it be hearsay in this trial?

They pretty much based the whole Arias trial on emails and texts.. its odd they object to these.

I always thought it could be admitted if both parties to the conversation could be questioned about said conversation.

It's what Def. does...THEY know full well that Pros. is only verifying source..No content will get mentioned with that witness..as actual person emailed will be on the stand to confirm that..and testify about it...

Maybe I've been watching trials too long..as stuff like this happens more and more ( Waste of Time) only to make some sort of record...thus Judge over-rules constantly..SAME old watering of time tactics ..Gerrrr!!

Having said all that..there' very few defence attorney's who I truly loved..Spence, the buckskin wearing of jacket's with those strings..He was one classy defence lawyer!!! IMO

I always thought it could be admitted if both parties to the conversation could be questioned about said conversation.

Well, Travis Alexander was dead! He couldn't be questioned. It was good enough for them to say that the computer & phones were owned by him.

Added- Judge just said 'overruled' but it isn't to be taken as 'truth' !!???? What the heck?

Well, Travis Alexander was dead! He couldn't be questioned. It was good enough for them to say that the computer & phones were owned by him.

Added- Judge just said 'overruled' but it isn't to be taken as 'truth' !!???? What the heck?

I didn't understand what the judge said there!

@larryryckman: Joan Holley is the 130th witness called so far in the Aurora

So JH leased his apt for a year initially and when it ran out in May 2012 he leased for just 6 months.

Where did he plan on going in 6 months .....

HHMMMM...so he signed a year lease...then extended it another 6 months??

Since we know he arrived in May 2011...that would mean he extended in May, 2012 for another 6 months?

Do I have that right?

Is it just me or the witnesses just flying by..?? How many today..at least 7 or 8 and still have hours today to go!!!!!

@larryryckman: Holley is talking about an e-mail exchange she had with JH when she was renting out the top-floor apartment on Paris St.

So JH leased his apt for a year initially and when it ran out in May 2012 he leased for just 6 months.

Where did he plan on going in 6 months .....

IMO...it shows he wasn't planning on quitting the program when he resigned that lease. I could be wrong...but that is what it tells me.

Is it just me or the witnesses just flying by..?? How many today..at least 7 or 8 and still have hours today to go!!!!!

This PT is so prepared!!!! But only an hour left to go today...

And there goes Miss Higgs standing tall, in anticipation of "no objection" to admitted evidence!

I think those 2 are trying to prove a point!!!

Do we know when JH's time at the University was up? Which month of the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member