IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad they released the photo's of the truck. I believe there is some logo on the side doors and someone will recognize it. I recently put advertising on the sides of my vehicles and since then I am always checking out others to compare to what other fonts, colors, etc are being used. I am now much more aware of the other businesses in my community.
Are flyers being posted of the truck?

Eqh, I agree that this type of truck seems out of character for a college student. Parking both downtown and on campus is such a pain, who would choose a truck with an extended cab?

I also agree that downtown Bloomington isn't a "passing through" type of area. If you were passing through you'd be on hwy 37, not College.

I also don't think we're talking about some rugged outdoorsy type of person driving it. Again, short bed.

Does it look like the 'writing' could be some sort of airbrushed design?

Gotta say...I have speculated and proposed theories of what happened but never said anything bad about the POI's characters/personalities/looks. I think that if all of us had been attacking one POI and bashing them, then we would owe someone an apology.

However, WS discussions are for speculating/talking about opinions. I've personally known one of the heavily discussed victims on a thread here and there were tons of speculation that a certain person murdered her...I knew the victim and the person everyone was pointing fingers at, and claiming she didn't seem like she cared about the death of her sister, blah blah blah. It has still not been solved and no one has apologized for anything they've said. And I don't expect anyone to. Everyone has opinions when they find out about horrible things like this.

So no, none of us are going to apologize for theorizing and not bashing the kids.

To be honest, this was the perfect crime of opportunity.

A beautiful, tiny, blonde girl walking alone intoxicated at 4am?

Women REALLY need to be careful when walking alone ANYWHERE in the world. We never know what urge a stranger can have...

I hope this alerts women to be more careful. Unfortunetly, humans can become animals...

Such a shame that could have been avoided if someone decided to accompany Lauren home.

Yea yea right gonna hunt folks down and sue for slander.. Them and Billie Jean Dunn both..lol.

* you cannot be serious about stating that there will be repercussions, specifically in the form of lawsuits for a discussion here..lol..hehehe..silly, really silly..

Unfortunately pickups are extremely common in Indiana, and I'm sure there are zillions of white ones out there driving around Monroe County. I really hope that narrowing down the make/model, tires, and the logo will help someone recognize this one ...

We have a white pickup truck and we are kind of yuppie-ish. The only yard work we do is our own, the only thing my husband has ever built is the wood fence around our back yard. We like not having to have things delivered; furniture, home improvement items,etc. are easy to transport.

Around here,( I live in Texas), white trucks are everywhere and they are commonly used as personal vehicles by just about anyone, (even college kids, lawyers, cops, or freaky loner serial killer types).

I think that this truck could belong to just about anyone, although I would say that the majority of those who choose to drive one are male.

Can someone very briefly explain what forensic astrology is? I've never heard the term before and am intrigued. Also, I looked at the chart and I'm a bit confused. Can someone briefly summarize what the chart findings are?

I'm still new to web sleuthing ... and sleuthing in general :) Thanks!

For those of you who follow the Foresenic Astrology thread here at all, Lauren's is posted and does not sound promising for her...:(

This might sound stupid but I never felt like any of these guys harmed Lauren.
I have a personal connection to this case because I'm Jewish and Jewish people tend to REALLY stick together. It's a very tight knit community and everyone just seems to want to help everyone. No matter the "altercation" or "jealousy", in the end of the day, when push comes to shove, we consider ourselves "the chosen people" and we are going to stick together.

All the kids involved are Jewish which means they have the whole "our ancestors suffered together" in their minds. I mean, we listen about how we have to stick together all our lives.

It might seem naive and bias, but I always felt like we were talking about people from a tight knit community that really wouldn't hurt one another.

I know this may sound stupid and naive for most of you, but it makes sense to me and that was always my gut feeling.

Can someone very briefly explain what forensic astrology is? I've never heard the term before and am intrigued. Also, I looked at the chart and I'm a bit confused. Can someone briefly summarize what the chart findings are?

I'm still new to web sleuthing ... and sleuthing in general :) Thanks!

You can only ask about it on that thread...just FYI.

I'm just not seeing a person in that photo...

Also I am not assuming this truck is involved, unless and until LE finds the driver and says that person(s) is involved...

This is creepy, but the more I look at it, it looks like a blonde girl with a white shirt and black leggings!

Does it look like the 'writing' could be some sort of airbrushed design?

To me, the second photo looks like writing rather than some 1990's airbrushed design.

Someone in central or southern Indiana needs this truck for work, and I doubt they have the luxury of a sympathetic auto painter or hiding it in a barn forever.

If someone were to get a ride in the truck, they would just get in the cab, not in the bed.

I too see how it could look like her, but pretty sure it's just some equipment back there.

Moving video is always more clear than still blurry photos. The eye is able to fill in the gaps, you see how things like highlights move on objects so you get a better idea of what they are made of ... or how reflective\rough they are. Police have this advantage and say it's equipment.

I sure wish we could see the video.

hi res photos again

I haven't seen the "human figure" ya'all have been comenting about until I looked at the high resolution jpg. What I see is a short haired MALE crouched back there. Creepy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie