2011.07.04 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think JB lost the jury in the first hr-I can not imagine them remembering half of what he said in the other 2 hrs or more he spoke..

I agree! He was dreadful during the first hour, unfortunately I think he was a little more effective than I would have liked near the end :( I wasn't impressed but I worry that he might have got to a juror or two.

Anyone else notice there was no "LEE ANTHONY" Magnet???

He Smelt the Car and JB said he is the only Anthony you can beleive...
Hmmmmmm??

I had always heard 16-18, or when you become sexually active, whichever comes first, but I googled it just to be sure... I was shocked! Apparently the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists recommends the first visit to be between 13-15. I can't think of anyone I knew growing up that went at that age. I was 16 or so when I had my first visit, as were most of my girl friends at that time.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/growth/sexual_health/first_gyn_exam.html

Wow, I have a 16 year old daughter and haven't even though of taking her to the OBGYN. Her pediatrician covers all the period and cramps and reproductive health issues with her. I can't imagine having her internally examined without any compelling reason. She won't even wear internal feminine protection because it's too invasive for her (I was the same at her age, lol). I didn't go until I was 18, and only then because I had a boyfriend and wanted to begin bc. I wouldn't knock anyone for not taking their daughter before they felt there was a reason...

I have to say, I am worried about reasonable doubt. It is a difficult concept to deal with as a juror, at least it was for me when I was on a jury, because you are forced to ask yourself if your doubts are reasonable or not.

It is easier, imo, to write off your doubts as reasonable and vote NG than it is to convict someone of murder. I think it is hard, on a personal level, to convict. You have to live with it.

So, sitting here at home, I see no reasonable doubt, (I actually see no doubt), but it really comes down to the courage of those jurors, imo. And I think Mason's chart gave them a reason to justify reasonable doubt and let themselves off the hook, if one or some are thinking about it.

Makes me nervous, but then again, I always get nervous about juries. I had the same, or worse, fear about Scott Peterson and it didn't pan out there.

Can someone please post the ICA wearing the American flag photo? I don't know where to find it.
TIA

It seems to me that the defense keeps trying to make hay out of two common-sense issues and I'm not sure the prosecution has sufficiently addressed them:

1) Casey being taken to the gynecologist. Yes, she was obviously pregnant. She denied being pregnant and the family went along with her lie, as they always did. But Baez's suggestion that they were "hiding" sexual molestation because they hadn't taken her into the gynecologist for routine care as a teenager is absurd. My Mom never took me to see a gynecologist and the only reason I took one of my three teenagers is because she told me she was sexually active and wanted birth control. I don't think we're unusual. Yet they've painted it as neglect.

2) The duct tape. Perhaps I've missed testimony about where this duct tape was stored but to listen to the defense, George must have it in under lock and key. My husband has several rolls of duct tape in the garage and both myself and my children go out there and borrow them from time to time. This notion that only George controls the duct tape and Casey wouldn't have access to it is laughable.

Perhaps they've done it and I've missed it but the commentators keep repeating the "George's duct tape" mantra over and over again as if it were true. I would sure love to hear JA or LDB just say, "George's rare duct tape was in the garage and the whole family had easy access to it, including Casey."

Per RH last night on Weblueths Radio - when the police searched the Anthony property they did not find ANY duct tape. Then lo and behold GA was using it at the command center. The assumption is that GA hid the tape. As to the GYN -- If a mother knows their daughter starts period at 10 and has irregular periods and cramping they USUALLY take said daughter to get pelvic exam. And if daughter is gaining weight, not having period and feels she is "bloated" instead of pregnant why not go to GYN to check it out? JMO

I have to say, I am worried about reasonable doubt. It is a difficult concept to deal with as a juror, at least it was for me when I was on a jury, because you are forced to ask yourself if your doubts are reasonable or not.

It is easier, imo, to write off your doubts as reasonable and vote NG than it is to convict someone of murder. I think it is hard, on a personal level, to convict. You have to live with it.

So, sitting here at home, I see no reasonable doubt, (I actually see no doubt), but it really comes down to the courage of those jurors, imo. And I think Mason's chart gave them a reason to justify reasonable doubt and let themselves off the hook, if one or some are thinking about it.

Makes me nervous, but then again, I always get nervous about juries. I had the same, or worse, fear about Scott Peterson and it didn't pan out there.

I think though-any doubts the jury may have had yesterday..LDB will take it all away today in her closing..I have faith she will bring Caylee alive for this jury today!!!

I must say that chart CM put up on guilt....WOW. When laid out like that, it looked a little hopeless to me. It's either the whole enchilada, or nothing. :(

n501759499_447722_8550.jpg

Flag dress, this picture says it all for me. ICA, pretty much naked, surrounded by drunken men. This is her dream life? I must be getting old.

I wouldn't worry about number one. There are women on that jury. They know it's not common-practice or a ritual to drag your teen to a ob-gyn. Most women go for their first time in their twenties, if they even do.
ITA! JB really irritated me with his remark, like he really "knows" women making the remark he made? I was shocked. IMO he knows women and their reproductive system as much as he knows law. :loser:

:seeya:

Good morning, everyone!

Happy Fourth of July! Thanks to our military, we have a country and our freedom to celebrate today. Happy Birthday, America!

Lets get this justice train rolling! This is all for you, Caylee!

n501759499_447722_8550.jpg

Flag dress, this picture says it all for me. ICA, pretty much naked, surrounded by drunken men. This is her dream life? I must be getting old.

That was fast! Thank you! They should keep this picture up in court today.

Per RH last night on Weblueths Radio - when the police searched the Anthony property they did not find ANY duct tape. Then lo and behold GA was using it at the command center. The assumption is that GA hid the tape. As to the GYN -- If a mother knows their daughter starts period at 10 and has irregular periods and cramping they USUALLY take said daughter to get pelvic exam. And if daughter is gaining weight, not having period and feels she is "bloated" instead of pregnant why not go to GYN to check it out? JMO

Weren't the searches done after Casey was indicted? I can't remember when the first search was done. And when was that video taken that shows that duct tape being used. They had quite a few command centers long before the first search warrant didn't they?

I must say that chart CM put up on guilt....WOW. When laid out like that, it looked a little hopeless to me. It's either the whole enchilada, or nothing. :(

I felt the same way :(

Per RH last night on Weblueths Radio - when the police searched the Anthony property they did not find ANY duct tape. Then lo and behold GA was using it at the command center. The assumption is that GA hid the tape.

I have thought about this. It wouldn't surprise me if ICA had the foresight to give her dad the tape. I could see her doing that. The family scrambling around getting supplies together to start up the command center. GA or CA say we will need some tape for the posters and ICA retrieves the duct tape. Two reasons, #1 the tape is now forever connected to her father. #2 tape will be out of the house and hopefully used up by the time the police know to look for it.

The police didn't know to search for duct tape until Dec 11 when the remains were found. The picture/video of the duct tape from the command center were from way before that (not sure on the exact date). What probably happened was that either George used all the tape to put up all those fliers or he left it at the command center and lost it somehow. I don't see how this in any way means that George hid the tape. If George knew that the tape had something to do with Caylee's death/body, then why would he be seen with it in public? Makes no sense.

I posted a little ways up that I don't expect anything anymore and ended my post with go Linda. Now I'm reading tweets that it will most likely be Frank doing the closing today. I really have to stop expecting things, lol. Well, GO SA!

I had to tune out a lot of JB's closing - partly because he was yelling so much. I did see the incident with JA. Okay, JA should have controlled his facial expressions, but
JB had been telling "jokes" - wasn't that to make people laugh?

I was miffed with BS on WFTV for saying (over and over) that JA "owed one to JB" when JB stood up and asked that JA not be sanctioned. JB was trying to save his own butt! HHBP said he was going to be sanctioned as well. He doesn't give a rat's a$$ about what happens to JA.
His outburst was worse IMO. All the THs seem to overlook JB's disrespect of the court.

I console myself with the fact that HHBP doesn't overlook anything.
Also, what the jury saw was JB's outburst, JA objecting, HHBP sustaining and then they got sent out. I suspect they think it was all about what JB did...at least I hope.

MOO

O/T

Anyone know where I can get me a YURI magnet???

:lol:I Think if I put that on my Frig I could stick to my Diet....:lol:

Knowing YURI was watching me sneak fattening food......:blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members