Suspect - Daniel Heinrich #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key, and I do mean key, details, hidden from the public that would have immediately put all attention on the new POI were:

1. tire tracks and shoe prints matching his
2. both the act and particular manner in which AL was assaulted during the abduction

What I'd like to know is, if this guy was "overlooked" by mistake, why were these details withheld for 26 years? If no third party information was coming in after, say, 10 years, I cannot see why this information being kept confidential was of any value any more. On the contrary, public knowledge of this would have immediately put the focus right back on the POI if he had been missed by mistake.

Yea, it wasn't available until just a few years ago. There is a seismic analog to this used in ponds and lakes. In the last couple of years LE has been experimenting with it and have even found people and cars in water that had been missing for decades. Anyway, it can distinguish between bone and Earth. It started with archaeologists about 10 years ago using it to find buried artifacts (and bone). It is available commercially now.
Yes, I think wooded areas consistent with the kind of area JS was taken. It would only take a few days to do the search. Searching above ground is unlikely to work, I think, given how long its been.

Minnesota woods need to be seen to ve understood. And trees and vegetation over 26 years. And the area around St. Cloud has grown tremendously.

Please see attached documents, 7 pages in all.

I put this together over the weekend. Fitting some of the excerpts from the book into today's context with newly revealed information, I actually became a little upset about how this case remain unsolved for so long. Your thoughts??

Good post, with all the information there in one place. It looks like this might be a case of men and women, some who probably have large egos not being able to work together. A small town police force having to adjust to the fbi also working with them on the case. Feet got stepped on when they first had Heinrich and he asked for a lawyer before they got much out of him. So right away, even though everyone involved obviously was doing there best to work with the evidence that was available I bet many officers/agents got put in their places. One persons opinion was probably valued above everybody else's. It is very upsetting. It's the whole you're not in our club so you don't know what you're talking about mentality. <modsnip> Imagine what it would be like working face to face with people who are like that. Very sad. Like someone else said above. It's hard to look at at this and not come away with the opinion that someone is trying to save face. I hope Heinrich confesses or on the freak chance he didn't do it they figure out who did. This has gone on way too long.

<modsnip>

Our justice system is such that when someone asks for a lawyer, all conversation stops.

They followed him for months and nothing. Money was taken away and investigators removed.

It seems like people were complaining about Stearns county but it appears they knew what they were doing.

It is easy to identify the elements now, but remember they had 10,000 initial tips and boxes and boxes of documents. It seems clear, doesn't it, but they had to go through all of that info.

False leads , probably of Jacob seen here and there. Man in black clothes with gun who changed tires, woman who had intriguing info, , Hollinger, Bahners, Huber, Duane Hart, Lou K, Feeney, priests, Peter Stibal, who else do we know about and how many more that we don't?

I hope there is a good computer program to organize info

Would be great if we had a list of reported potential sightings of Jacob after the abduction.

Wasn't there some 'hair' found during the search of DJH's home or was that just in the search warrant?

Minnesota woods need to be seen to ve understood. And trees and vegetation over 26 years. And the area around St. Cloud has grown tremendously.

human, not sure I'm tracking you here. Synthetic aperture radar (sar) doesn't care about what is on the ground. It used to be that sar had to be used on units dragged on the ground, called ground penetrating radar. But when the units got more sophisticated they could put them on aircraft. One of the advantages of this is that you can scan an area regardless of "clutter" in the area. You can even distinguish bone encased in concrete. So, doesn't really matter what is there. The challenge would just be getting the resources together to do it.

Ground penetrating radar however, is a tool generally possessed only by the military.

I'm not sure if that's something law enforcement can make a request for "hey, can you scan 2000 square miles of land with that thing for us?"

The more I'm hearing about this the more it seems that a three letter agency and stearns county were butting heads for years, meanwhile, the perp was likely right under their noses for two and a half plus decades and who knows what on earth he was doing all of these years?

He obviously found a way to amass "souvenirs" from kids that he may or may not have molested and the tons of vhs tapes of kids (and creepy peeper camera) plus the 19 binders of kiddie *advertiser censored* strains credulity. Nineteen!

What I mean is that I don't have 19 binders of my own family photos: this guy must have spent hours cataloging and collating that stuff. No wonder he was laying low all those years. He'd found a different way to "manage" his interest.

My thinking: search all of his old residences - attics, crawl spaces, closets, little hidey holes, basements. That stuff is out there somewhere.

And while you're at it, track down every vehicle he had possession of and take them apart searching for items of interest.

Neat article describing how the FBI, Stearns, and other agencies met to plot a course of action to review Jacobs cold case.

http://m.startribune.com/person-of-interest-named-in-1989-jacob-wetterling-disappearance/338852902/

I remember reading somewhere that in the video tour mentioned in this article, Heinrich showed a silver handgun. I apologize if this has been addressed before, but why did he create a video tour of his own house? It doesn't sound like he has friends, and his family is dysfunctional. There hasn't been anything said about his being on YouTube, and he didn't have internet service at the time of the search in July or his arrest, correct? So who was the video for? Who was his audience? Himself? Seems an odd thing to do a "video tour" of your home if you're not going to show it to anyone. Perhaps he did it for some sort of insurance purposes? But it doesn't sound like he had money or was likely to be the type to have many valuables or to pay to insure what he did have. Just seems odd to me.

I remember reading somewhere that in the video tour mentioned in this article, Heinrich showed a silver handgun. I apologize if this has been addressed before, but why did he create a video tour of his own house? It doesn't sound like he has friends, and his family is dysfunctional. There hasn't been anything said about his being on YouTube, and he didn't have internet service at the time of the search in July or his arrest, correct? So who was the video for? Who was his audience? Himself? Seems an odd thing to do a "video tour" of your home if you're not going to show it to anyone. Perhaps he did it for some sort of insurance purposes? But it doesn't sound like he had money or was likely to be the type to have many valuables or to pay to insure what he did have. Just seems odd to me.

Trying out the camcorder before using it for other things, maybe? But I don't know why one would keep the recordings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FBI proposal, eh? Not Stearns Co.

I remember Patty, in an interview, talking about contacting the FBI and really pressing to have them take another look at the case from the beginning. This was when they were coming up on the 25th anniversary, if I remember correctly. The FBI had a division called CARD (Child Abduction Recovery something or other?) that began working on the case, which led to them taking this second look at DJH. So, yes, it was the FBI's proposal, but pretty much only because of the Wetterlings pushing for it.

I have been thinking about that a lot! Why would he open a cabinet and focus the camera on a gun? I don't think it has been stated when he actually did that recording. I would like to know. It almost sounds like he was going to use the video to taunt someone. But, maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I just re-watched this video of AL discussing the night of the abduction and his feelings afterward and now: http://m.startribune.com/archive-wetterling-best-friend-relives-abduction/338842732/ it is a tearjerker for sure. But, if there really were about 10 seconds between the abductor letting TW go and deciding to let AL go... is it possible he really wasn't sure which boy was the one he wanted? Was he trying to decide? It was a dark night. Could he have gotten it wrong? Was a connection between DJH and the family of AL ever looked into? It seems he knew he didn't want Trevor right away, but then a pause before deciding between AL and JW.

FBI proposal, eh? Not Stearns Co.

Definitely was not Stearns pushing the idea, I read somewhere that Patty requested a meeting asking that something be done, but it was the FBI that hatched the plan. It didn't take long to zero in on Heinrich. Stearns had the Hart notes for years, but the FBI did not.

That crossed my mind as well. My initial reaction was he was trying to impress someone with the gun. Perhaps an online "love" interest??? I use the word word "love" very loosely. Heinrich sounds very much like a loner to me. I can't imagine him having any personal connections other than online. JMO.

Wow. Just, wow.
The November Nielsen period is October 29 - November 25, 2015.

Note the Department of Justice Press Release announcing the arrest of Daniel James Heinrich was issued on October 29th, the first day of sweeps . . .

As such, so-called local “investigative journalists” like Tom Lyden, Paul Blume, Esme Murphy (ouch!), and now Caroline Lowe on special assignment (OMG!!!!), have until Thanksgiving to solve the Wetterling puzzle, so look for special reports daily!!!!!! (but don't hold your breath)

Of course, after Thanksgiving the salivating news media will wipe their chins and return to business as usual, and Minnesota’s most famous unsolved mystery will once again fade from the nightly news headlines as it has after every sweeps period for the past 26 years . . .

So grab your 15 minutes of fame WHILE YOU CAN!!!! Update those facebook pages, your blogs, Twitter, Myspace, Yourspace, facespace, etc., etc., etc.

Only 15 days of feeding frenzy remaining!!!

BTW, yesterday Heinrich requested a 30-day extension “to consult with my attorneys, review and discuss the allegations against me, and understand the next steps in my case,” which, if granted by the court, likely will delay formal indictment of Heinrich until Christmas or later . . .

Prov. 11:14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member