2008.08.21 Shirley P (Cindy's mom) Interview

The Nigerian scam never sat well with me. George did not want to admit he had a gambling problem, that would have made him look weak and addicted. He preferred to be a poor victim albeit of his own stupidity.
Also, the $45,000...... what on earth did that girl buy? That's the doc dump I want to see.

George told the family all along that he lost the money gambling. It was being scammed out of the money that he didn't want to admit to.

I don't think the $45,000 figure has been confirmed. Shirley heard that figure but not from Cindy. Likely it came from Nancy Grace, same place we all heard it.

Hmmm..... so this rather negates the story about Casey having gotten the information from a Birthday Check, doesn't it? Instead she just outright stole a check outta that sweeties purse. Thief, plain and simple, and from her own Grandparents.

Excellent point!!!

there are soooooo many lies, i can't even catch the inconsistencies anymore.

Uh, maybe part of the thread title should include....

How many 'cops' does it take to screw in a light bulb? JUST KIDDING. I just thought it was funny they were all trying to get the power back on, and the neighbor. And the electric company folks were there as well, out back.

I have to agree with SP. Had the perp been in general pop, maybe this circus would be over by now?

Bolded by me!
I nominate that as quote of the day!! Thanks for the great laugh!
I also thought it was great how the 'cops' were being so kind to Shirley, trying to help her find the cat (I have a cat? LOL!) and being worried about her getting her power back on and smelling something burning. It was all so sweet.
Lanie

Hmmm..... so this rather negates the story about Casey having gotten the information from a Birthday Check, doesn't it? Instead she just outright stole a check outta that sweeties purse. Thief, plain and simple, and from her own Grandparents.

I believe the story about Casey getting the information from a birthday check came from Cindy's brother Rick. He probably confused the story - it was a check stolen on Caylee's birthday, not a gift for Casey.

TIDBITS OF QUOTES FROM SP I LIKE:

I have a cat? ....I thought I was going to blow away awhile ago......Do you smell burnt wires? Something, Oh god anyway......Okay, get me back on track.......Casey, I don't want you up here........My stupid son.......You know what I'm talking about...

This woman is adorable, completely unlike her female offspring for sure. I'm not convinced CA's mental issues has anything to do with her childhood. The only thing that bothers me is that she seems to elude to the 'accident' and then play 'dumb'. This is a woman that is far from dumb. I don't like that she may have mispoke and then tried to deny. Accident?

But you know what struck me? Everyone is 'poor GA, poor GA...." But basically here's GA practically stealing from his own family (his retirement) not unlike his daughter & hiding it.

If the brother did state how dysfunctional they were, he was right! :rolleyes:

And CA posting "where is MY Caylee"?? MY Caylee is missing. WTH? CA really thought this was her own daughter, not her granddaughter. No matter what we all think of Casey, CA seemed to even convince her own mom that SHE needed control of Caylee. This is how I keep thinking CA is hugely to blame and pushed her psycho daughter to do this.

How sad that the grandmother bawls her head off at night - 1/2 for Caylee and 1/2 for her daughter Cindy. No tears left for Casey speaks louder than any other words I'll ever hear.

Bolded by me!
I nominate that as quote of the day!! Thanks for the great laugh!
I also thought it was great how the 'cops' were being so kind to Shirley, trying to help her find the cat (I have a cat? LOL!) and being worried about her getting her power back on and smelling something burning. It was all so sweet.
Lanie

It couldn't have intentionally been written any funnier. And the neighbor with his "Oh, goodness" every few minutes. It cracked me up. He must be an older gentleman too.

While I agree with you about SP's integrity, I pray that she is NOT called to take the stand. She is an elderly lady with a sick husband. It's a tragedy that her last few years on this earth have to be spent dealing with this mess. I hate you KC.

Please dear God, protect SP.

While I agree with you, this is not all lollipops and Disneyland. It is LIFE and sometimes life is messy. I understand she did not ask for this. But it is what it is and this is her chance. She can make a difference. She can help put away the 'evil' that has caused this tragedy.

She, to me, is TEAM CAYLEE.

Tidbit quotes:

I don't usually post, just lurk, but I cracked up when this sweet lady was talking about "if she was out there pinging around". . .
Love you grandma.

I believe the story about Casey getting the information from a birthday check came from Cindy's brother Rick. He probably confused the story - it was a check stolen on Caylee's birthday, not a gift for Casey.
Oh, TYVM Chilly. Wasn't really sure at this point where that had come from, just recall a Birthday Check and her getting the info from that. It still galls me that she stole from her Grandparents. Unfreakingbelievable.

And skygirl, LOL at the how many cops does it take to screw in a lightbulb. Too dern funny! They were so sweet with her it warms my heart.

Didn't the check have in the memo part something about a birthday? Maybe Casey was hoping if questioned that she could convince SP that she had given it as a birthday gift and that she wouldn't remember.

I had never heard before that Cindy told Yuri Melich that Casey needed to be in jail. Did I miss that?

And what is that about Casey's money being in a locker at the Hard Rock Hotel?

"Cindy acted like she didn't know (Casey was pregnant). But being a nurse I don't know how the heck she couldn't notice." Love Shirley!

While I agree with you, this is not all lollipops and Disneyland. It is LIFE and sometimes life is messy. I understand she did not ask for this. But it is what it is and this is her chance. She can make a difference. She can help put away the 'evil' that has caused this tragedy.

She, to me, is TEAM CAYLEE.

Oh, come on...SP's chance? I respectfuly disagree that she can make a difference.

If the prosecution has to put a frail, easily confused, (not to mention hard of hearing) elderly woman on the stand to help their case, then they don't have much of one to begin with. I believe that's not the case, and that they can, and will successfully convict KC without any help from SP.

I can assure you that someone that has lived as long as SP has, knows a little something about life's "messy's". She lived through the Great Depression, afterall. She no doubt has experienced the lack of a lollipop or two.

Prayers up for SP.

George told the family all along that he lost the money gambling. It was being scammed out of the money that he didn't want to admit to.

I don't think the $45,000 figure has been confirmed. Shirley heard that figure but not from Cindy. Likely it came from Nancy Grace, same place we all heard it.

I was referring to his FBI interview, not what his family knew.
The 45K is a hard one to swallow for sure.

I think this woman is fantastic. She reminds me so much of my late grandmother.
It also makes me wonder how Cindy got to be the way she is. Casey steals from Shirley once, Shirley is angry, but forgives Casey and tells her not to do it again. Casey does it again, and Shirley tells the bank to go ahead and have her arrested for it. Casey gives her some BS story and offers to clean her house to make up for it, and Shirley tells her no, she doesn't want her there. It makes me think how different things probably would have been had Cindy had even one ounce of the common sense her mother has.

And wow, the $45k figure comes up again. I realize it is still rumor and speculation, but that is SO MUCH money!!!! Maybe I am just a harda$$, but I simply cannot wrap my mind around one of my children stealing anywhere close to that much money from me, and me just going along like it just wasn't happening. I don't think I would let them get away with $45, much less $45k. Unbelievable.
Lanie

Parents that allow this create unhealthy children. This was not new behavior on the parents part either.

I have said it before and I will say it again...I think Casey was blackmailing George and that's where the money all went..not gambling not email scams...blackmail.
What was she blackmailing him about? Perhaps George didn't want Cindy to know the paternity of Caylee? Casey SO desperate for money she steals from Grandma and Grandpa. Rips her Mother off for money but wont go after the Father for child support.
Come on ...

I have gone somewhere close to that in my head once or twice but I dunno... too many other things don't add up I think.

I like it when she is talking about her stupid son Rick and why would he be out talking on the blogs. She's a pistol.

Did I read that right?Was LE telling her that Rick was out there defending KC and CA? What is that about?

I had never heard before that Cindy told Yuri Melich that Casey needed to be in jail. Did I miss that?

And what is that about Casey's money being in a locker at the Hard Rock Hotel?

"Cindy acted like she didn't know (Casey was pregnant). But being a nurse I don't know how the heck she couldn't notice." Love Shirley!

Please don't forget that the police can lie when they interview people!

and didnt she have the nerve to tell her gramma that she will come up and clean as a means of restitution? the nerve

Yea, I bet KC wanted to come help "clean up" granny's house. Can you imagine? I wouldn't let that kid outta my house without a pat down and a strip search every time, after that crud. Sickening.

I like it when she is talking about her stupid son Rick and why would he be out talking on the blogs. She's a pistol.

Yup, she did, she got mad at him over that!! LOL I gotta tell ya, JBean, I was kinda hoping he was reading it On-Line and blushing about what he knows everyone is reading about him now! :innocent:

Does anyone have an idea on what the 100K debt George had meant exactly? Was that strictly his gambling debt? Or including the house and credit cards and such?

haha, probably the one he is still hiding from his lovely wife!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back