Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The long orange electrical cord could be in the home to use with the vacuum sweeper. With such large rooms it would be easier to use extension cords than to plug and unplug the shorter sweeper cord.

Was there any remodeling or renovation going on at the mansion, I wonder? Workers leave things like electrical cords around all the time. Some friends of mine are getting their bathroom redone and when I was over there the other day, I saw the same kind of orange extension cord in the hallway.

There are 2 sisters, I posted the links to show. The 13 yr old is rumored to have been at the home and the 14 yr old is G., who posted the FB message that was removed, links upthread.

Thanks, Paladine...I got the part that there are two kids, I didn't realize that the FB posting had been REMOVED...now I get the "silenced" comment.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15075598/...mansion-owners-son-girlfriend?redirected=true

Memorial contributions honoring Max may be made to Whispering Hope Ranch Foundation either by mail to 9045 E. Pima Center Parkway, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, or via their website, www.whisperinghoperanch.org

Whispering Hope Ranch Foundation has collaborated with organizations serving children with special needs and their families to design customized camps, retreats and other curricula.

http://www.whisperinghoperanch.org/board_of_directors.aspx

Board Of Directors

Executive Committee
Susan Bansak
Vice President, Board Governance

Ron Butler
Vice President, Finance

Robert D. Hartman
Vice President, Operations

Robert G. Mayfield
Vice President, Facilities

Jonah Shacknai
President

Mark Sklar
Vice President, Development

BBM May I ask what you mean by silenced? If I understand correctly, the half sister wrote "RIP Maxie," etc., on FB on Friday. Was there some other attempt at posting something that I'm missing?

I didn't mean to sound overly dramatic, but I thought reports were that her post was deleted. Just going from memory, perhaps her profile was made private.

Yeah, in a USA Today link someone posted last night, there was a police quote saying "San Diego County." Which I found odd as well. Was he at the hospital or not?

Maybe they traced his cell pings to San Diego county by didn't choose to give the exact location to the press

Neighbors say Shacknai, who is twice divorced, was staying at the mansion with his girlfriend and his children.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15075598/...mansion-owners-son-girlfriend?redirected=true

Quick update to the case.

Thanks for the link.

Looking at the photo of the staircase, plush carpeting makes it even more difficult for me to believe Max died from that fall. There's more to this story, imo.

15075598_BG10.jpg

Coronado police officers found Nalepa in "distress" and firefighters tried to revive her, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.

"The condition of the victim and the scene showed suspicious circumstances," which prompted police to call the Sheriff's Department homicide unit, sheriff's Capt. Tim Curran said.

Jeff Alison, a neighbor who lives two doors from the Ocean Boulevard house, said the house was blocked off with yellow crime tape Wednesday afternoon as investigators combed the property.

Shacknai has two other children from a previous marriage to Kimberly James. The couple married in April 1993 in Bel Air, Calif., before filing for divorce in 1999. Maricopa County Family Court records show the couple reached a joint-custody agreement in 2001 for two children: a 14-year-old girl and a 13-year-old boy.

The 13 yr old...THIS 13 yr old, is a boy....WHO was in that house during Maxies fall???
Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/business/a...s-death-reported-san-diego.html#ixzz1SfrspxZK

For Sleuthy

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...0110716arizona-ceo-shacknai-coronado-son.html

San Diego station Channel 8 was among media that quoted a message on the social-media website Facebook that was reportedly posted by Gxxxx Shacknai, the 14-year-old daughter of Jonah Shacknai.

"RIP Maxie. We'll miss your sweet smile and kind heart more than you'll ever know. I'll love you forever," the posting said, according to the station.

Facebook is a social-media site that allows invited friends to share messages and pictures. It's unclear whether Gxxxxx Shacknai's message about her brother Max remained on the website Saturday night.

http://m.ibtimes.com/jonah-shacknai...ai-spreckels-mansion-dead-brain-d-181791.html

IBTimes was not able to locate the message on Facebook today; and it appears that Gxxxx Shacknai's profile may have been removed altogether

Investigators said Monday that the bizarre deaths of an Arizona multi-millionaire's son and girlfriend at the historic Spreckels Mansion on Coronado may be related after all.

Last week, San Diego Sheriff's investigators said they had no evidence linking the two incidents, but Monday a homicide detective said the two tragedies may be connected after all, but declined to elaborate.

Results of an autopsy on Zahau have been sealed. Sgt. Frank said toxicology results are pending, but a determination on whether Zahau took her own life or was murdered should come later this week.

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ks...ronado-mansion-deaths-20110718,0,323715.story

Regarding the suicide theory and what women will do/not do etc. She was in Coronado. She simply could have driven/walked/rode her bike to the bridge. People do it all the time. Seems a lot easier than getting cords out of the garage, and all that jazz. And we can all agree she wouldn't do it naked - unless she was completely zoned out.

Since JS was a pharmaceutical tycoon (although not a doctor), one could assume he'd have access to a lot of fun stuff like xanax and valium.

BBM

I'm always baffled when I hear comments about Xanax. I hear kids are taking it for a high or something. I use Xanax, though in a very small dose (1/2 of a 0.25mg) and I don't feel any odd effects from it at all. I have an anxity issue and just half of the 0.25 helps me out. My doctor prescribed that I take 0.25 but if half works then there is no reason to take more. I guess I just don't get the "fun stuff" comment.

Thanks for the link.

Looking at the photo of the staircase, plush carpeting makes it even more difficult for me to believe Max died from that fall. There's more to this story, imo.

15075598_BG10.jpg

I thought I had read that the place had been reno'd since he bought it? Do we know if the floor was still carpeted?

That photo shows only the lower part of the staircase. How many stories are there in the house? If he fell from higher up and hit that chandelier and/or table on the way down, well, I could see that causing some serious damage.

Investigators said Monday that the bizarre deaths of an Arizona multi-millionaire's son and girlfriend at the historic Spreckels Mansion on Coronado may be related after all.

Last week, San Diego Sheriff's investigators said they had no evidence linking the two incidents, but Monday a homicide detective said the two tragedies may be connected after all, but declined to elaborate.

Results of an autopsy on Zahau have been sealed. Sgt. Frank said toxicology results are pending, but a determination on whether Zahau took her own life or was murdered should come later this week.

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ks...ronado-mansion-deaths-20110718,0,323715.story

Finally LE making some sense. I just cannot comprehend believing suicide with bound hands and feet.

Wow...get ready for a ride, folks. Thanks for posting.

That photo shows only the lower part of the staircase. How many stories are there in the house? If he fell from higher up and hit that chandelier and/or table on the way down, well, I could see that causing some serious damage.

Joe,

That is a great observation.........awhile back there were some pictures of the house.....

has anyone heard if JS picked up the dog and took him back to AZ with him?

i really just think there is not enough information/too much conflicting information in this case to make a solid determination about anything, imo. i wonder if that will change or if they will continue to reveal little information. i think there has been so little information because it is an ongoing investigation, at this point i don't think it is anything more than that.

How could he hit a chandelier suspended from the ceiling? :waitasec:

Yes he could've hit his head on the table but I don't believe it would've caused death unless he was deliberately tossed with force and smacked his head. IMO

How could he hit a chandelier suspended from the ceiling? :waitasec:

Yes he could've hit his head on the table but I don't believe it would've caused death unless he was deliberately tossed with force and smacked his head. IMO

it's pretty low hanging and there is a second story, he could have been trying to swing from it. i think a fall from the second story could result in pretty serious injuries.

but really, who knows at this juncture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member