Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he meant the Vta bus stop? Isn't there one near her house?

I came across this video.

Listen to what a farm worker says in the video.

He describes a man that he saw often at the bus stop and has not seen him since Sierra went missing.

He describes him as a white man, long hair with black jeans, black shirt or jacket.

This is the first time I have heard about the man at the bus stop.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vi...pkey=fb7d1868-b268-4869-a68c-1154ebb388b1||||
I am semi new here and I usually just lurk but when I read this it kinda made a red flag go off for some reason. I remembered this article http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/san-jose-attempted-kidnapping-linked-to-lamar-disappearance

It is a joke honest all though sometimes I swear as soon as I walk away from desk the phone rings.

Yes...I agree...the phone can DEFINITELY be a "ball and chain" sometimes, as necessary as they are!:seeya:

Just catching up, I have a couple thoughts so far so am using this post as a jump-off.

First, as a runner I can totally relate to this. I grew up in a suburban/semi-rural "town" along the old Appalachian Trail. I ran long-distance is h.s. and college so I ran up, down,and all along the mountain, on two-lane roads, the appalachian trail, and old (dirt) logging roads...and boy did I see some interesting stuff along the way. :blushing: Some of it was pretty obviously party leftovers, but also I came across at least 2 long-abandoned cars.

Second, I realize no one has been talking about this for a while, but the clothes in the bag...it seemed to me like a lot of people thought it was odd that underwear were in there as well. Maybe it was just me but in high school, when I participated in PE or sports and then changed back into my school clothes afterward, I always changed my underwear too even if I didn't get to shower. (I bet your lives are all complete now that you know this! :blushing:) I just didn't think it was that unusual I guess. Not that it matters because I'm sure we could all think of 5 reasons why it was weird, and 5 equally good reasons that it was normal.

BBM :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
But, you do have a point about bringing a change of undies/clothes in high school.
I'm just so impressed you all can remember back that far!:what:

OceanBlue Eyes,
Great catch. I have not heard this before... Would have thought that Sierra's bus driver would have noticed him at the bus stop ? An adult at a school bus stop where only one child gets on ?

Wonder if he somehow got her address ? Also, this would mean that the farm worker was watching her too,right ?

Oh, You guys are all so good! I'm going to have to read all of the previous posts tomoz to catch up.

I was thinking about the farm worker just before I read your post. He seemed genuine to me, very specific about his pants shirt and jacket all being black and remembering the 1st day he did not see this man at the bus stop.

I am sure LE is ALL OVER this worker. One can't rule anything out yet, at least from what we know. It certainly does mean the worker was watching the bus stop at least. Maybe he drives by there every day close to the time she gets the bus. Or maybe his farm duties have him in an area where he has good visibility of the bus stop.

Here is a giant WELCOME to all of our new posters :Banane45:

You're Web Sleuther's now :websleuther: SKOL :toast:

I haven't any knowledge about the "charging" being a necessary component to the GPS tracking chips that are available to be easily placed under the skin of pets by vets.. I do know that there are available two different micro data chips for pets.. yes, one of them is the basic info like owners contact info, home vet, up to date shot record.. its a ONE TIME FEE OF $50 + possibly charges to have it implanted under your pets skin and that's it.. these "card readers" that are used to scan EVERY ANIMAL that comes in the door of the vet, shelter, etc are VERY VERY WIDELY ACCESSIBLE AND USED IN MOST OFFICES AND SHELTERS.. the scanning of each animal is now just standard operating procedure.. if the animal does in fact have a chip it is read and the important info is logged and used appropriately(ex. such as returning a lost or stolen pet to its rightful owner) ..

And then there is the second type of micro chip that is also available to be implanted under the skin of your pet by a vet.. it is an actual GPS tracking chip and instead of trying to describe what all it does IMO its easiest just to state that its capabilities mirror those of the GPS tracking chip that ALL SMARTPHONES ARE NOW EQUIPPED WITH IN THIS DAY&TIME..its literally as simple as that.. you can log on from any internet via home computer, laptop, cell phone and log into the GPS tracking site with your pets personal micro chip code and voila~ just like on Google maps it will pinpoint the exact location of your pet.. ANY WHERE IN THIS ENTIRE WORLD..

but this micro chip with its full GPS tracking capabilities is MUCH MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE than the other basic info chip.. not only is the cost of the actual GPS micro chip a helluva lot MORE expensive.. but just as is any other item that is to be GPS tracked IT COSTS A MONTHLY PREMIUM USUALLY AROUND $50 PER MONTH!

SO yep the technology is definitely here and available for use but at this point the cost for such methods is on the high end.. moo but as with all technology as the companies continue to one up and out do the others the prices will eventually drop Considerably lower and we'll see it become more and more of a common occurrence for our pets to have these type micro chips and GPS tracking and monitoring.. jmo, tho..

As for the charging.. I'm still stumped on that being necessary.. ?? I can say that those I spoke with while looking in to getting our dog "chipped" that none of them ever mentioned anything about there being a charging component necessary regarding the GPS chip and tracking.. so idk?

HTH:)

Smooth Operator, I'm not asking this snarkily. Do you have a link for this?

I am sincerely interested because I'm a professional dog trainer and I have never heard of a GPS locator microchip.

GPS locators attached to a collar, yes. The collar carries the locator and the battery, which has to be periodically re-charged.

GPS locators are different from microchips in that they use a power source, rather than relying on an antenna that picks up the radio wave energy from a scanner. A GPS locator is a receiver and broadcaster in one unit.

The satellite fee is for the use of the satellites. It's like paying a cellphone fee except with satellites (and compared to the fee for a satphone, it's cheap!).

Unfortunately, a GPS device is not going to help Sierra now but just as a doctor should treat the cause of the disease and how to prevent it, and not just the symptoms, had GPS been in place, Sierra might be home tonight with her family or out enjoying the weekend with her friends.

Actually, I think there's a good chance her abductor threw her JC bag out the window for fear she had a GPS locator device in it.

Those devices are becoming more and more common (you can get them at Wal-Mart). Some of them can even be programmed with geographical boundaries so that if they are carried past a certain limit they send an alert.

Does Marlene's BF have any children? Or relatives nearby? Have we ever heard why they decided to move to Morgan Hill? They rented the house, yet had to travel all the way to Fremont to work each day. Not a good exchange, in my way of thinking..

About this guy at the bus stop? Did Sierra have a relative that sometimes walked her to the bus? If not, how come no one has mentioned this guy before? Perhaps he was a relative but till somebody confirms it, he will be a suspect.

Typical profile is a white male in their thirties for this kind of crime I knew the farm workers had to see Sierra at some time. Just because they weren't in the field by the stop doesn't mean they weren't there before. They very likely had to pass that way when going/leaving working in the fields.

Agree with alot of your summations. What bothers me is what is being reported as the routine on this. Since she was only at this location since October (6 months, and many holiday breaks in school), not sure what routine can be established. (I have a child walking to a bus so I can relate to this). 1) The mother leaves at 6:00 on that day. Is that every day? 2) if so, how does the child get to the stop under all conditions? Nothing is reported except assumed that she walks that distance to the stop, every day. 3) What is the time to walk that distance for a 15 YO at a normal pace? 4) what happens in bad weather? That looks like alot of open area no shelter. how does someone get to that bus stop in bad weather, rain? I will drive mine a couple blocks in rain/snow/cold and wait in car until bus arrives. Also October-March was daylight savings time, and not very light out at that time in that latitude. Did the family trust her walking to the bus in these conditions? 5) Interview the regular bus driver, was she always waiting outside for the bus? In bad weather did she wait in car, make/model of car she exited to get the bus? if not family, who was it?
6) was there a substitute bus driver at any time during this period (October-March) that could have become familiar with the riders and their locations (in bad weather or certain days our driver will go off route a few blocks to drive ours closer to home, drivers are familiar with riders homes). 7) Why no school books located? Mine caries a ton back and forth to the bus, yet none are reported missing. 8) On the dogs scent only tracing only to the end of the driveway it appears from the photos posted earlier that this is the end of an oval of a large building or a complex. Why is there no trace of scent earlier than this past this point, for say a day earlier, Thursday, Wednesday, Tuesday or Monday? Did she ever walk beyond this point? 9) From the posted pics there appears 2 adjacent large industrial buildings with a common access road, taken during the day with many cars parked. Any interviews with workers in these buildings who may have been driving/commuting past during this time, 10) On "immediately subdued", using a stun gun perhaps? How/who is this obtained? 11) Agree that the handcuff box is likely not related.

I think many of your questions are too early to address, and in fact think in only 2+ weeks LE is still in the throws of basic interviews. Hence, for instance, why nothing has been said about traces of her scent on previous days. I don't think that is usually given to the public.

But about her scent only going to the end of the driveway, I'd say if she got into someone's car and they drove off, it would mean the windows were shut so her skin rafts remained in the auto and did not leave a 'white crumb' trail as to where she was taken.

In Laci Peterson's case her skin rafts were detected by a special dog going from a point on the freeway close to Scott's warehouse in Modesto and all the way to the end of the Berkeley pier in San Francisco Bay. It was a dog who sniffs live scents so she was still in the land of the living when she was loaded onto that boat.

The dog who detects skin rafts is a most specialized or trained one. It was said Scott propped Laci up in the front seat of the cab of his truck and drove to the Bay. Evidently a window was partially open. IMO

But sadly there doesnt have to be an abduction scene. There wasnt one in Sandra Cantu's case. All they had of her was a camera shot of her skipping across the road going out of sight of the camera never to be seen alive again.

And there was no evidence of an abduction in the Carlie Brushia case. She would have been gone without a trace if there hadnt been a surveillance camera at the carwash which showed Joesph Smith taking her by the arm and leading her away never to be seen alive again.

IMO

It is not uncommon at all for victims to freeze up or just go along with their abductor, even if the abductor is a stranger to them.

There is no way that I have ever heard of to predict in advance which people will fight and which people will freeze up or comply. If there were a way to predict, it would make military training much cheaper (just don't bother training those who are likely to freeze up!).

Sometimes an abduction can take place so fast there's just no clues left behind. I saw a demo of a volunteer who was grabbed and pulled through the window of a car. She was gone and out of sight so fast, it was almost unbelievable. I would not have believed it had I not seen it for myself.

Lack of signs of struggle do not necessarily indicate that Sierra went with someone she knew or got into the car willingly. All it means is that whatever happened did not leave signs of a struggle.

I'm just going to answer the questions I have answers for and snip the rest to make it a manageable answer.

Agree with alot of your summations. What bothers me is what is being reported as the routine on this. Since she was only at this location since October (6 months, and many holiday breaks in school), not sure what routine can be established. (I have a child walking to a bus so I can relate to this).

We're talking about a 15 year old here. I can't imagine it would take longer than a week, tops, to work out the morning routine.

3) What is the time to walk that distance for a 15 YO at a normal pace?

Hard to say. A 15 year old just walking? A comfortable walking pace for most adults in reasonably good shape is a 15 minute mile, so I'd guess it would take her maybe ten minutes (assuming some time to close and lock the house door, etc). Sierra was a jogger, so I assume she was in reasonably good shape.

4) what happens in bad weather? That looks like alot of open area no shelter. how does someone get to that bus stop in bad weather, rain?

The bus stop was reported to be 0.4 miles from the driveway. Does the weather in that area ever get so bad that a 15 year old couldn't walk? I live in the midwest and walked a similar distance to/from the bus stop in middle school during snowstorms and thunderstorms. I had a raincoat and by the time I was in middle school, my parents assumed I knew how to use it.

When I was in high school, the school was 2.5 miles away and I no longer qualified for bussing (I was soooo glad). So I walked, period.

I know I'm naive about California but really, except in the mountain regions, does the weather ever get that bad?

Did the family trust her walking to the bus in these conditions?

Apparently so. This was not some epic hike through the wilderness, it was a short stroll through a residential neighbourhood.

7) Why no school books located? Mine caries a ton back and forth to the bus, yet none are reported missing.

Early on, a sheriff reported that her JC bag had "school books" in it.

8) On the dogs scent only tracing only to the end of the driveway it appears from the photos posted earlier that this is the end of an oval of a large building or a complex. Why is there no trace of scent earlier than this past this point, for say a day earlier, Thursday, Wednesday, Tuesday or Monday?

Trailing dogs are trained to follow the freshest scent and to ignore any older scents of the same person.

Did she ever walk beyond this point?

Yes. Various neighbours have reported seeing her walking back and forth to the bus stop on other days.

This is what was said in the video: Friday they also spent time talking to neighbors. One man says he usually sees a white man with long hair at the bus stop, but hasn't seen him since Sierra disappeared. The man interviewed then says: "He usually wear like black jeans, black shirt or black jacket you know so."
http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...b1||||

Is this man a neighbor or a worker in the area? Hmmm....
Wow that's the first I've heard of this white haired worker even though I've seen this sake farm worker speak in interviews, it's never shown before. Thanks for that, sounds alarming and super creepy

Oh, You guys are all so good! I'm going to have to read all of the previous posts tomoz to catch up.

I was thinking about the farm worker just before I read your post. He seemed genuine to me, very specific about his pants shirt and jacket all being black and remembering the 1st day he did not see this man at the bus stop.

I am sure LE is ALL OVER this worker. One can't rule anything out yet, at least from what we know. It certainly does mean the worker was watching the bus stop at least. Maybe he drives by there every day close to the time she gets the bus. Or maybe his farm duties have him in an area where he has good visibility of the bus stop.

He seemed genuine to me and it is certainly true that some people are more observant about the environment than most people.

I have a little purely intellectual caution in that occasionally, someone who inserts themselves into the investigation does so because they are guilty (they want to figure out what investigators know).

But I didn't see anything hinky in his body language or hear anything in his voice.

It wasn't clear to me that the farm worker was saying this guy was actually at Sierra's bus stop, just that he was somewhere in the vicinity.

It was clear that he hasn't been seen since, which does seem suggestive. Unfortunately.

Hi 90Nine, I agree and Sandra Cantu comes to mind as an example.

If there were an abduction scene, her being taken against her will, I would think differently. No, I think someone she knew from somewhere offered her a ride. Maybe a teacher or a friend's big brother. Just sayin'.

ETA: Hi Ocean ;} What a great lead about that guy. It could be he had his eye on her and offered her a ride to the bus stop. I'll have to see how far away that is - a block or 2 I think. If he had been hanging at the bus stop I wonder if he had ever talked to her? And why would he be there?

I am kind of surprised LE allowed that journo to include that comment in the news report.

BBM
This is an incredible tip...if it's true!

OceanBlue Eyes,
Great catch. I have not heard this before... Would have thought that Sierra's bus driver would have noticed him at the bus stop ? An adult at a school bus stop where only one child gets on ?

Wonder if he somehow got her address ? Also, this would mean that the farm worker was watching her too,right
?

BBM
Something to think about......

Wow! That's strange. I hadn't seen that before. I had heard mention that she was the only child at that bus stop.

Yes, that is strange since Sierra was the only one at that particular bus stop.

I read that link over on JQ..posted by MtnDweller.

In all the articles and videos I have seen and read, I missed that one somehow until she linked it last night. That was a great find.

imo

Does anyone have a link to the farm worker video? The Bing links posted don't go to that video...

Or, what is the title of that video (on Bing)?

:blush:

Does anyone have a link to the farm worker video? The Bing links posted don't go to that video...

Or, what is the title of that video (on Bing)?

:blush:

I am still getting the correct video when I click on the link.

This man may not be a farm worker though because in the video it states he is a neighbor.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member