NH NH/CA - Robert Evans, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't she LOOK like the middle child's composite, though???? That was my immediate thought when I read the article today.
Yeah, I know she's not the mom but I thought the same. Both have obvious overbites. I wonder if he has a "type"? Might look for women with an overbite.
im thinking miss laporte is deceased.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In my federal, non-law enforcement job, I have become aware of many situations where someone has been incarcerated and then paroled under an identity that is almost certainly fictitious. Very often, they then appear to vanish into thin air; probably re-emerging somewhere with a fresh identity.

Prior to the early 1980's it was not that difficult to get Social Security numbers under multiple identities. That made it very easy to live a pretty normal life. Our John Doe would have been able to do this, at least up until about the time Denise vanished. Without a Social Security number issued to the name and birth date you are using, it is pretty much impossible to get any type of government benefits or a bank account of any kind and it will make getting a job or renting a home very difficult. Even if you get a job, eventually your employer will be notified by IRS that there is a "problem".

The only real identity marker you can not run away from is your finger prints. The trouble is that not all that many jurisdictions take and compare prints against any or all data bases. (DNA is also one but you need a recent felony arrest to have one taken and you will need to be suspect of a very serious crime to have yours checked against any data base).

All too often, people are arrested and processed under what ever identity they are using, and released on bail or OR. When they do not show up for arraignment, a warrant is issued under that name.

Although advances in technologies have made it faster, easier and cheaper to verify identities, people are still able to slip through the system.

Ok Im sooo lost! l Could someone please just make a step-by-step walk through on this one? Maybe someone could do one tomorrow since there is so much confusion now. Wow, this is huge either way.

I posted this in the "Bob Evans" thread also:

Actually I think he used this man's identity, only he used 1942 instead of 1952, but same date...

Curtis Mayo Kimball
b:18 Mar 1952
Los Angeles, California, United States

Mother's name:Vasquez

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VGNN-MJ3

Sorry everyone for all the Bob Evans posts and pics i posted on this thread, somehow missed the correct one!
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?328139-quot-Bob-Evans-quot-John-Doe-Serial-Killer-(NH-CA)-Died-in-2010-Multiple-Aliases
[h=2]"Bob Evans" John Doe Serial Killer (NH, CA) Died in 2010 - Multiple Aliases[/h]

to quote myself..... no he didn't just leave her there... he gave her to a family... odd. refer to the old santa cruz sentinel article in the other thread about bob evans.

I forget which link it was, but dawn/lisa stated she has shadowy early memories of a woman in her life. maybe that was her own mom, which would mean she might be a CA UID. maybe santa cruz area.

that could also explain why he kept her alive so long whereas he killed his own daughter. also, maybe he simply left her in the rv park and went off to drink and authorities picked her up before he returned.

Evans kept Denise's daughter for 5 years! Could she have known the bear brooks victims from her early childhood? If so, why was she spared?
So "Lisa" (Denise's daughter) is the same child he abandoned in 1985/86? The timeline adds up. She would be about 5 in 1985/6 if she was 6 months in 1981 when they went missing.

According to this article: https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...d-two-girls/4wlfVCvOkLRi2xMEemRj6H/story.html
Evans raised the child for about five years before abandoning her, authorities said.

Officials said they do not know why Evans - who murdered his own daughter - decided to keep Lisa alive for years during which he may have been the primary caretaker for the child, although Lisa has told officials she has “shadowy” memories of a woman being part of her youth.

Evans was not her father, officials said.

“He had a reason for keeping Lisa with him, and then he didn’t want her any more,’’ Strelzing said.

Lisa was eventually placed in foster care and later adopted. Now a mother with three children of her own, the woman had provided a DNA profile to an adoption website, which led to her being identified as Beaudin’s daughter.

A new timeline from: http://www.wmur.com/article/case-timeline-man-known-as-bob-evans-connected-to-6-killings/8643018
Evans' real name and birth date are not known.
Bob Evans works at Waumbec Mill as head electrician.​
February - Evans was arrested in Manchester, New Hampshire, as Robert T. Evans for issuing a bad check on Dec. 21, 1979 (insufficient funds).
May - Evans was arrested in Manchester, New Hampshire, as Robert T. Evans for theft of services (electricity).
October - Evans was arrested in Manchester, New Hampshire, as Robert T. Evans for diverting electric current.​
[
U]November [/U]- Evans and his girlfriend Denise Beaudin go missing shortly after Thanksgiving with Beaudin's 6-month-old daughter.​
March - Evans was hired under name Curtis Kimball by electrical company in Los Alamitos, California.​
May - Evans was arrested in Cypress, California, as Curtis Mayo Kimball for DUI.
November - First barrel found at Bear Brook State Park in Allenstown, New Hampshire. The barrel contained an unidentified adult female (approximately 23-33 years old) and a female child (5-11 years old).​
January - Evans was in Santa Cruz County, California, living and working at the Holiday Host RV Park in Scotts Valley under the name Gordon Jenson.
June - Evans abandoned Denise Beaudin’s daughter in California and fled.
September - A fingerprints match between Gordon Jenson and Curtis Kimball was made, confirming they were the same person (the man known as Bob Evans).​
November - Bob Evans was pulled over in San Luis Obispo, California, under the name Gerry Mockerman. He was driving a vehicle stolen from Preston, Idaho.​
March - Evans was arrested in California on warrants from the child abandonment and sentenced to 3 years in prison.​
October - Evans was paroled and absconded the following day in California. His activities and whereabouts between 1990 and 2002 are not known.​
May - A second barrel was found at Bear Brook State Park in Allenstown, New Hampshire. The barrel contained two female children (2-4 years old) and (1-3 years old).​
June - Evans' wife, Eunsoon Jun, disappears from Richmond, California.
November - Evans was arrested as Lawrence Vanner for Jun’s homicide and a parole violation. He was fingerprinted and found to be the same person as Curtis Kimball.​
June - Evans was convicted of Jun’s murder and sentenced to 15 years to life in prison.
August - DNA testing confirmed that the Evans was not the biological father to the child he abandoned (Denise’s daughter).
December - Evans died of natural causes in prison in High Desert Prison in Susanville, California.​
July - San Bernardino County Sheriff’s contacts New Hampshire authorities in reference to Evans and his connection to New Hampshire.
October - DNA confirmed that Evans is the biological father of the unidentified 2-4 year old little girl found in Allenstown, New Hampshire, in 2000.
December - Police reveal Denise Beaudin is considered missing, 35 years after she disappeared.​
January - Authorities announced that Evans is responsible for the deaths of at least 6 people, including Beaudin, the woman and four children -- including his biological daughter -- found inside barrels in Allenstown, and his girlfriend in California. Police fear he killed the mother if his child. Her identity and whereabouts are not known.​

Some more info on Evans from: http://www.wmur.com/article/man-at-...hs-missing-woman-case-remains-mystery/8643061
He changed his name frequently. Some of his aliases were Curtis Mayo Kimball, Gordon Curtis Jenson, Gerald E. Mockerman and Lawrence William Vanner.

Investigators said he told people that he was born in Wyoming with the name Ulos Jensen and was the youngest son in the family. He said he ran away as a teenager. Investigators said they also believe that he could have been born in San Pedro, California.

Officials said he referenced having a 2-year-old and a 6-month-old child in the 1980s. He listed the name "Elizabeth Evans" as a spouse on a 1980 arrest report.

Investigators were able to pull together some details of his life based on arrest reports and employment records. He faced charges in Manchester in 1980 for writing a bad check and diverting electric current.

Investigators don't know where Evans went after he and Beaudin disappeared. He shows up in the public record years later, when he was hired under the name Curtis Kimball by an electric company in 1984 in Los Alamitos, California. He worked there for about a year before he was arrested and charged with DUI.

Robert Evans as Curtis Kimball in a 1990 parole photo.
Officials said he might have spent time in Colorado, Texas, Georgia, Arizona, Missouri, Louisiana, Washington and Oregon. He claimed to have met a woman named Denise LaPorte in California and married her in Virginia, but investigators could not locate her.

Bringing post(s) over here.One article suggests he met " Denise L" in Virginia, the other article suggests she may be from Quebec..
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...und-Nov-85-amp-May-00&p=13099583#post13099583
http://www.iheartradio.ca/cjad/news/...970s-1.2359462
attachment.php

Suspected American serial killer may have spent time in Quebec in the 1970s

The U.S. National Centre for Missing and Exploited Children is asking people to rack their memories about a murderer with a Quebec connection

...they believe he spent time in Quebec in the late 1970s. A spokesperson for the Centre says Evans met a Denise or a Donna Laporte at that time. It says Evans — who is also said to have gone by the names Curtis Mayo Kimball or Gordon Curtis Jenson — once mentioned he had an ex-wife by that name.

Authorities hope that by tracking her down, they could find out more about who the victims are.
rbbm

http://www.wmur.com/article/man-at-c...ystery/8643061
attachment.php

He changed his name frequently. Some of his aliases were Curtis Mayo Kimball, Gordon Curtis Jenson, Gerald E. Mockerman and Lawrence William Vanner.

Investigators said he told people that he was born in Wyoming with the name Ulos Jensen and was the youngest son in the family. He said he ran away as a teenager. Investigators said they also believe that he could have been born in San Pedro, California.
Officials said he referenced having a 2-year-old and a 6-month-old child in the 1980s.
He listed the name "Elizabeth Evans" as a spouse on a 1980 arrest report.
Investigators were able to pull together some details of his life based on arrest reports and employment records. He faced charges in Manchester in 1980 for writing a bad check and diverting electric current.
Investigators don't know where Evans went after he and Beaudin disappeared. He shows up in the public record years later, when he was hired under the name Curtis Kimball by an electric company in 1984 in Los Alamitos, California. He worked there for about a year before he was arrested and charged with DUI.

He claimed to have met a woman named Denise LaPorte in California and married her in Virginia, but investigators could not locate her.
rbbm

I posted this in Denise's thread as well.

Evans kept Denise's daughter for 5 years! Could she have known the bear brooks victims from her early childhood? If so, why was she spared?
So "Lisa" (Denise's daughter) is the same child he abandoned in 1985/86? The timeline adds up. She would be about 5 in 1985/6 if she was 6 months in 1981 when they went missing.

According to this article: https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...j6H/story.html
Evans raised the child for about five years before abandoning her, authorities said.

Officials said they do not know why Evans - who murdered his own daughter - decided to keep Lisa alive for years during which he may have been the primary caretaker for the child, although Lisa has told officials she has “shadowy” memories of a woman being part of her youth.

Evans was not her father, officials said.

“He had a reason for keeping Lisa with him, and then he didn’t want her any more,’’ Strelzing said.

Lisa was eventually placed in foster care and later adopted. Now a mother with three children of her own, the woman had provided a DNA profile to an adoption website, which led to her being identified as Beaudin’s daughter.

A new timeline from: http://www.wmur.com/article/case-tim...llings/8643018
Evans' real name and birth date are not known.

Bob Evans works at Waumbec Mill as head electrician.
February - Evans was arrested in Manchester, New Hampshire, as Robert T. Evans for issuing a bad check on Dec. 21, 1979 (insufficient funds).
May - Evans was arrested in Manchester, New Hampshire, as Robert T. Evans for theft of services (electricity).
October - Evans was arrested in Manchester, New Hampshire, as Robert T. Evans for diverting electric current.​

November - Evans and his girlfriend Denise Beaudin go missing shortly after Thanksgiving with Beaudin's 6-month-old daughter.​

March - Evans was hired under name Curtis Kimball by electrical company in Los Alamitos, California.​

May - Evans was arrested in Cypress, California, as Curtis Mayo Kimball for DUI.
November - First barrel found at Bear Brook State Park in Allenstown, New Hampshire. The barrel contained an unidentified adult female (approximately 23-33 years old) and a female child (5-11 years old).​

January - Evans was in Santa Cruz County, California, living and working at the Holiday Host RV Park in Scotts Valley under the name Gordon Jenson.
June - Evans abandoned Denise Beaudin’s daughter in California and fled.
September - A fingerprints match between Gordon Jenson and Curtis Kimball was made, confirming they were the same person (the man known as Bob Evans).​

November - Bob Evans was pulled over in San Luis Obispo, California, under the name Gerry Mockerman. He was driving a vehicle stolen from Preston, Idaho.​

March - Evans was arrested in California on warrants from the child abandonment and sentenced to 3 years in prison.​

October - Evans was paroled and absconded the following day in California. His activities and whereabouts between 1990 and 2002 are not known.​
May - A second barrel was found at Bear Brook State Park in Allenstown, New Hampshire. The barrel contained two female children (2-4 years old) and (1-3 years old).​
June - Evans' wife, Eunsoon Jun, disappears from Richmond, California.
November - Evans was arrested as Lawrence Vanner for Jun’s homicide and a parole violation. He was fingerprinted and found to be the same person as Curtis Kimball.​

June - Evans was convicted of Jun’s murder and sentenced to 15 years to life in prison.
August - DNA testing confirmed that the Evans was not the biological father to the child he abandoned (Denise’s daughter).​

December - Evans died of natural causes in prison in High Desert Prison in Susanville, California.​

July - San Bernardino County Sheriff’s contacts New Hampshire authorities in reference to Evans and his connection to New Hampshire.
October - DNA confirmed that Evans is the biological father of the unidentified 2-4 year old little girl found in Allenstown, New Hampshire, in 2000.
December - Police reveal Denise Beaudin is considered missing, 35 years after she disappeared.​

January - Authorities announced that Evans is responsible for the deaths of at least 6 people, including Beaudin, the woman and four children -- including his biological daughter -- found inside barrels in Allenstown, and his girlfriend in California. Police fear he killed the mother if his child. Her identity and whereabouts are not known.​

Some more info on Evans from: http://www.wmur.com/article/man-at-c...ystery/8643061

Officials said he referenced having a 2-year-old and a 6-month-old child in the 1980s. He listed the name "Elizabeth Evans" as a spouse on a 1980 arrest report.

Robert Evans as Curtis Kimball in a 1990 parole photo.
Officials said he might have spent time in Colorado, Texas, Georgia, Arizona, Missouri, Louisiana, Washington and Oregon. He claimed to have met a woman named Denise LaPorte in California and married her in Virginia, but investigators could not locate her.

I wonder where he was working in Quebec. The girls in the barrels may be from there.

So.....he's in Quebec before NH? That would make any possible military service prior to then (unless he was AWOL/Deserter).

I can't seem to open the news article. Can someone send it to me?

Does anyone see info like height, weight, eye color, etc for this guy?

Before I close the tab and lose it I'm going to put this case on here as a possible victim: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/320ufca.html

He was out of custody and unaccounted for at that time I believe. She was bludgeoned and "The electrician's tape used to tie up the victim had been purchased at the military surplus store in Oakley."

It's also the right vicinity of where he married Ms. Jun

apearn, you should bring that to their attention.
It could give them an idea of where he was during part of those years where he appears off the radar.

I think you're right, but the way they worded it by stating he had HIS baby with him, it made it sound like it was another child, since Dawn/Lisa wasn't his.

I believed the same exact thing when the timeline mentioned his "baby girl" was with him in 1985. The child was most likely Lisa (Denise's daughter) after finding out he kept her for 5 years after their 1981 disappearance. I wonder why they worded it like that. I guess they weren't sure at first.

What I wonder most is why he kept her for so long when she wasn't even his own child, when he had killed his own child around the same time frame. I wonder the horrors she may have been exposed to. I also agree he likely used children to lure his significant others(victims).

He seemed to have a thing for young mothers aside from Eunsoon Jun (haven't read anything about her having any children yet).

apearn, you should bring that to their attention.
It could give them an idea of where he was during part of those years where he appears off the radar.

I will. I'm still digging so I'll do that tomorrow.

November - Bob Evans was pulled over in San Luis Obispo, California, under the name Gerry Mockerman. He was driving a vehicle stolen from Preston, Idaho.

This guy is missing from about 40 miles north of Preston: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/5054dmid.html

Name: Matt Thomas Amon
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: August 11, 1971
Location Last Seen: Pocatello, Bannock County, Idaho

Matt Amon Idaho vs Bob Evans.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors