Elizabeth Johnson Trial - Jury Selection

if you follow Camille Kimball on twitter she is tweeting from courtroom

JVM on HLN is discussing the case. Nothing new but I'm glad she is covering it.

if you follow Camille Kimball on twitter she is tweeting from courtroom

I don't twitter so I'll just rely on you good folks to help keep us up-dated. Thank you so much.

Just catching up in preparation for the opening statements tomrrow. Thanks everyone for the posts.

It sounds like EJ is quite a problem for the judge, the court, her lawyers as well as the jail! See you all on the trial thread tomorrow!

what tweets should I be looking for???? anyone know a reliable one?

JVM on HLN is discussing the case. Nothing new but I'm glad she is covering it.

I am glad they are covering it. She also said they will update us.
Sometimes Jane does a story but then jumps on to something else.
Looks like she will devote some time to this. I do not know if Nancy Grace will because of Tammi Smith and that whole thing. She never mentioned this case after she went on there and Lied!

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/19581537/trial-to-begin-thursday-for-mom-of-missing-baby

Trial to begin Thursday for mom of missing baby

By Kelly Hessedal, FOX 10 News

PHOENIX -
Opening statements will begin Thursday in the trial of Elizabeth Johnson, the woman facing charges in the disappearance of her son, baby Gabriel, who remains missing to this day...

... and there was also a rather unusual motion brought forward regarding Elizabeth Johnson's meals...

...She had some concerns over whether she'd be able to eat during the trial -- her attorney requested she be allowed to bring some of her breakfast to the courthouse, or possibly bring a Power Bar or a snack...

..."I think Elizabeth is anxious to get the case to trial she wants to get the case to a conclusion. It's been negative press and publicity and its time for some things on her side to come out," said Johnson's attorney Marc Victor...

...Victor says overall he's happy with the jurors that are seated in this case -- 9 men, 6 women. As for whether Johnson will take the stand, he says we'll just have to wait and see. But ultimately it will be her decision...

More at link with video.

I bet EJ made a scene or something.

Is that why she's having to wear a stun-belt? Or is this SOP in Maricopa County Courts? Somewhere I missed the reasoning behind it. Is she that likely to try to run or make a scene? Certainly LEO's with sidearms will be in the courtroom.

Will the jurors know that she's wearing such a belt? Seems to me that if they are, or if it is used, it might make them think of a straitjacket, thus mental case, thus insane, which would not be good for the prosecution's case.

Just wonderin'.
icon11.gif

MC Superior Court‏@courtpio

Trial in the State v. Elizabeth Johnson will begin on Thursday at 10:30 and end at 2:30 pm. Normal trial schedule will resume next week.

MC Superior Court‏@courtpio

15 jurors were sworn in yesterday in the State v. Elizabeth Johnson. Opening Statements set to begin tomorrow at 10:30am.

https://twitter.com/courtpio

Saba -- Let me be the 50th WS'er to say what a wonder you are to bring all this info to us so quickly! Many thanks.
icon12.gif

First motion to be heard in State v Elizabeth Johnson involves a motion for lunch.

courtpio

Priorities are important.... Court schmourt -- letzzeat!!:what:

Kelly Hessedal‏@kellyhfox10

It appears opening stmts for #elizabethjohnson trial will be pushed back until next week...

Bill the Cat coffs up a furball and then yells, "ACK! Next week??!!":maddening::banghead:

:noooo:
#BabyGabriel daddy Logan McQueary to testify Monday. #ElizabethJohnson

:doorhide: :what: ======>:panic:

:fireworks: ........ :fireworks2:

Why is EJ wearing prison garb? TS was wearing civilian clothes (albeit HORRID ones). I think the DT is going to try make her appear as the poor child in jail who lost her mind and bla bla bla. Good luck.

If the AZ law is similar to NC and other states' laws, seachiq, NC statutes say that it is forbidden for the jury to see the defendant in prison garb -- so that it will be fair for the defendant and for the State. We'll see...

Looks like she could skip a few lunches. Just sayin.........

Yes, ~n/t~ ! It looks like all that starchy jailhouse food is agreeing with her -- or she is agreeing with it...

Good to see you, ~n/t~ ! :seeya:

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/092012/m5426311.pdf

8/13/2012 MINUTE ENTRY

...Discussion is held as to the Defendant’s Motion to Remove Defendant’s Shock Belt.

For reasons stated on the record,

IT IS ORDERED granting the Motion to Remove Defendant’s Shock Belt.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED the defendant will not wear the belt during the Jury Trial.

The State presents argument requesting additional officers,

THE COURT NOTES if there are any problems from the Defendant during Trial all of the security concerns from the State and MCSO will be revisited...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back