Crimewatch Reconstruction 14.10.13 2100GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, but why would they hide the detail? They must know by now whether their friend moved the door. I would imagine that they simply asked him.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean and how it relates to what I wrote. Hide which detail? I'm sure they know by now whether the friend moved the door but that is after the fact and does not explain why the door had to be closed again to be ajar just the right way.

Appearing on Crimewatch on BBC1, Kate McCann said she went to check on Madeleine at around 10pm.
"I just stopped and listened in the living area for a bit and it was all quiet, but it just caught my eye that the children's door was quite far open."
As she went to close the door, it suddenly slammed shut "like it had been caught by a draft."''

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...ion-of-night-three-year-old-went-missing.html

In the video she talks about thinking that the friend must have opened the door. Not sure why she doesn't think that Gerry could have opened it.

It wasn't a reconstruction in any technical sense and it's misleading of Crimewatch to call it a reconstruction. It was just a dramatisation of selected events for TV.

As far as I'm aware, there hasn't yet been a proper reconstruction of the alleged events using the timings and accounts of the Tapas 9. Something that should be done properly.

The McCanns and their friends refused to do a reconstruction.

Oh yes, I'm well aware of that. :cool:

That's why, with all this recent talk of a "reconstruction", the Crimewatch programme was such a disappointment. I had hoped to hear that the police had either done, or were planning, a full reconstruction. What possible reason can the Tapas 9 have for refusal at this stage of the game?

Sorry I don't understand what you mean and how it relates to what I wrote. Hide which detail? I'm sure they know by now whether the friend moved the door but that is after the fact and does not explain why the door had to be closed again to be ajar just the right way.

We are discussing the door, are we not!?

Why would they not mention the door moving? Especially since they must know by now that none of the people who checked the children moved it.

They did say during the reconstruction that they left the light on in the room next to the bedroom and left the door ajar so some light would get through. Obviously they would not just leave the door wide open, otherwise the room would be too light and the children would be more likely to wake!

Of course, but I was obviously making a wider point about the face that lots of people couldn't be conclusively ruled out, but it doesn't make them guilty.

no. you said anyone home alone couldn't be ruled out since there was no witness. which is not the same thing as what you've now said above.

no. you said anyone home alone couldn't be ruled out since there was no witness. which is not the same thing as what you've now said above.

If taken in a literal sense, but the comment should be taken in context.

I wonder if the McCanns had legal advice, and on that basis, declined both a reconstruction, and polygraphs? I am certain that legal counsel would never let them participate in either of these, innocent or not.
They refused polygraphs? Who asked them to take poly's?

Why would they not mention the door moving? Especially since they must know by now that none of the people who checked the children moved it.

They did say during the reconstruction that they left the light on in the room next to the bedroom and left the door ajar so some light would get through. Obviously they would not just leave the door wide open, otherwise the room would be too light and the children would be more likely to wake!

I did not say they shouldn't have mentioned the door moving.

Thanks, that makes sense about the light if it was what the children were used to, I guess. It never made any difference when mine were sound asleep and I thought that the McCanns thought they could leave their children alone because they were sound sleepers and wouldn't wake up easily.

Anyway, some people who checked the children did move the door, namely Gerry did. He went in the room and closed the door behind him.

Back in 2007:

"Gerry believes there was certainly something odd," the friend said. "The bedroom door was ajar when he got in and he thought: 'That's strange'.
"He went into the room, checked that Madeleine was still asleep in bed; she was and he came out, closed the door.
"Initially he thought she might have got up and gone to the toilet or gone to get a drink or something but now he thinks that the abductor must have been in there hiding."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/156...certain-he-was-in-bedroom-with-kidnapper.html

I wonder if they still think so, now that the police are saying that the timeline could be later. Was the intruder in the room all the time from minutes after nine to close to ten pm.?

There were several posts here that said that-I will have to find them...and apologize in advance if not an official link

Kate also said at first she couldn't make it out that Madeleine was missing from the bed, she had to go closer. BUT, she said minutes before that they left the light on in the room next to the bedroom. If she opened the door to check on children how couldn't she make it out then?

Kate also said at first she couldn't make it out that Madeleine was missing from the bed, she had to go closer. BUT, she said minutes before that they left the light on in the room next door. If she opened the door to check on children how couldn't she make it out then?

Perhaps there was a shadow, or the positioning of the bed sheets made it difficult to tell??

That article doesn't make it clear who actually asked them to take one.

I did not say they shouldn't have mentioned the door moving.

Thanks, that makes sense about the light if it was what the children were used to, I guess. It never made any difference when mine were sound asleep and I thought that the McCanns thought they could leave their children alone because they were sound sleepers and wouldn't wake up easily.

Anyway, some people who checked the children did move the door, namely Gerry did. He went in the room and closed the door behind him.

Back in 2007:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/156...certain-he-was-in-bedroom-with-kidnapper.html

I wonder if they still think so, now that the police are saying that the timeline could be later. Was the intruder in the room all the time from minutes after nine to close to ten pm.?

What a horrible thought, that an intruder could have been in the room right then! :(

Its the little signs that something was out of place/not quite right, that are the most important thing at the end of the day. They noticed that the door had moved at certain times when they were unable to explain for sure how it happened.

p.s My kids were terrible if I let too much light into their rooms when they were sleeping. They would wake up and decide that it must be morning and start playing!

I am embarrassed to say I don't know how to post a link-but there are numerous sites that state that the McCanns said they'd take polygraphs sometime in the future, and subsequently declined. I said that because they were under scrutiny, their legal counsel very likely told them not to-not necessarily because they were guilty. They may not be admissible in Portuguese courts, but that may not keep them from being useful tools-we often use them in the US, even though they are not admissible

If I can ever figure out how to post the links, I will.

Kate also said at first she couldn't make it out that Madeleine was missing from the bed, she had to go closer. BUT, she said minutes before that they left the light on in the room next to the bedroom. If she opened the door to check on children how couldn't she make it out then?

I remember reading that the bed that Madeleine was to be sleeping in wasn't as visible from the doorway as where the twins were sleeping-that's probably why

That article doesn't make it clear who actually asked them to take one.

The impression I get from the articles I linked to is that no one... (but i haven't read everything) The McCanns apparently first volunteered for one and said they would agree if the police asked, which, if truthful, implies to me that the police hadn't asked. (this from "a source", not a direct quote)

Then there was a helpful polygrapher who offered to do it for them but they weren't willing.

Okay. If that is the case then the so called refusal to take a polygraph should be struck off the list of reasons to suspect them. It'd be one thing if the police in either country asked them to and they refused, but if that isn't the case then forget it. I wouldn't take one either in that situation, no matter how innocent I was.

There were several posts here that said that-I will have to find them...and apologize in advance if not an official link
my research says that Portugal does not use polygraph tests, and the British police never asked. no worries. if I missed something, please let me know. :seeya:

Its the little signs that something was out of place/not quite right, that are the most important thing at the end of the day. They noticed that the door had moved at certain times when they were unable to explain for sure how it happened.

That makes sense if you are the only one checking - you would notice if something wasn't as you'd left it. However, with at least three people going in and out it's difficult to see why the position of the door should have rung any alarm bells with KM. She wouldn't have known how her husband or the other fellow had left it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4