Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #15 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
While reading your post, I thought about ET and her going to sleep last night and her feeling safe. I am curious if ET would have spent the night in a hospital or if law enforcement (such as FBI) has a place for victims to stay while waiting to go home. What do you think?

It depends on the circumstances. The person is usually first brought to a medical facility to be checked over. If they are stable and not in need of any medical care that would require a medical facility, they are then transported to a private facility. The people who do these things are, unfortunately, well trained in how to deal with these circumstances. They are the most caring and kind people you'll ever meet. It never ceases to amaze me that in the midst of seeing the worst of people, you also see the best of people.

Speaks to his arrogance that he showed up at Black Bear Ranch feeling entitled, and then got pissed off when he was rejected. Kinda like knocking on a strangers door and demanding they let you come in and live with them for free.

And that's the real Tad being Tad. With police when he's got nowhere else to go he's quiet, calm and repentant. But that's how he operates. Ted Bundy was real charming too.

It depends on the circumstances. The person is usually first brought to a medical facility to be checked over. If they are stable and not in need of any medical care that would require a medical facility, they are then transported to a private facility. The people who do these things are, unfortunately, well trained in how to deal with these circumstances. They are the most caring and kind people you'll ever meet. It never ceases to amaze me that in the midst of seeing the worst of people, you also see the best of people.

Without being insensitive...would a medical exam take place for legal purposes?

I have little faith in the ability of ET to receive the help she needs and to be taught anything in that town.<respectfully snipped>.

In situations like this, Jaycee Duggard's foundation comes to top of mind for the family to reach out to.

I do hope that folks near them are helping guide them... and would hope the family knows about this organization.

"The JAYC Foundation, Inc.

The Foundation&#8217;s message is &#8220;Just Ask Yourself To Care&#8221;. The mission is: to be of service to families that have suffered a familial or non-familial abduction or other trauma; to spread the message of compassion and awareness through educational programs; to encourage the collaboration of various entities to provide &#8220;Protected Spaces&#8221; for families to heal. We believe that families heal best from within, but they need assistance to accomplish this. We connect families to support and services they need in order to recover from the abduction or other traumatic events and in many cases provide the funding for these services. Our funding comes through private donations...."

http://thejaycfoundation.org/about-us/

I didn't say they were good friends.

Did you here what state rep Sheila Butt said about him?: “I have known Tad Cummins over the years, and I think I could honestly tell you that I’m not surprised that she’s safe."

These people like and respect him. They've minimized his behavior.

I also heard what Sheila Butt said and completely disagree with her.

One of my favorite things about Websleuths is people like you who can make me snort my drink out of my nose in the middle of what is usually a dark and serious topic. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to address this. There are quite of few of you here who have necessitated the cleaning of a computer on occasion and should be ashamed! But in all seriousness, it's such a relief that she's alive because I think we had all begun to worry this story wasn't going to end well. It's sure feels good to chuckle a little.

How wasn't he found sooner since he was using his real name and staying in major hotel chains?!

Actually he was found by the employee of a major hotel chain. That is how investigators got the Walmart lead. I suspect that when he stayed at the second location he realized that his visits were being logged into the company's computer system. He probably didn't stay there again.

It seems like TC was not very well prepared at all and was scrambling by now. I can't believe it took this long for someone to spot them if they were staying in hotels and going into public together. I can only imagine how well he may have been able to hide if he'd actually thought this through.

Kudos for TBI doing the presser on the 29th (the day that the employee of the hotel chain did a search on his name) and also putting out the alerts in Spanish.

I feel that that day was the time and reason that the employee at Red Roof did a national search on his name... kudos to THAT PERSON!!!! :seeya: :tyou: also for taking that initiative to search his name on her own.

The wording here made me giggle. Like Barry was some kind of Cosmic Guru trying to impart a life lesson or something. "First, you must move rocks and contemplate the beauty to be found in the mundane and repetitive, Grasshopper."

Ummm...I'm guessing the point of the "excerise" was to build a wall or line a driveway. But what do I know, I'm the most practical hippie on the planet. ;)

Well, that good Samaritan turned $40 worth of gas into a $10,000 reward. Well done, sir.

I have little faith in the ability of ET to receive the help she needs and to be taught anything in that town. There have been high profile adults there issuing supportive statements toward TC and other officials (the school), allowed his grooming behaviors and despite knowledge refused to protect ET.

It feels like a small-minded area. I don't know that it will be that easy to
get professional, quality and knowledgeable help for her there.

I agree with you in regards to the adults. And is it just me or does the DA look bored with the whole thing? I can't see sending ET back to that school unless there were some major changes. Her peers are one thing, but the adults I see as enablers in this whole mess, to put it kindly, and it doesn't appear they've learned anything from this.

I read somewhere that the cabin owner was building a rock wall and had asked TC to help him.....

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/20/us/tennessee-teacher-kidnapping-suspect-arrested/

Could it be that LE saw the rocks in the car, so the plea for getting him out of the cabin was to build a rock wall... oooooh... more rocks for the collection type thing that would draw them out?

"Their vehicle did not have license plates and he noticed that the young woman would not get out of the car when the man got out. The property caretaker called the sheriff's department and helped them devise a plan to capture Cummins, O'Hare said,

That next morning, the caretaker asked Cummins to come outside and help him build a rock wall on the property. When Cummins went outside, investigators were there to arrest him, O'Hare said."

I know some of it went for gas, the Super 8 motel stay, and the (small) Walmart purchase, but what else did they blow that money on?

I got the feeling that maybe he did not take all of the $4500 with him. If he did in fact tell JC that he obtained the money to help with expenses due to him being fired, perhaps some of the money went for the family's expenses. :thinking:
Wondering and JMO.

I got the feeling that maybe he did not take all of the $4500 with him. If he did in fact tell JC that he obtained the money to help with expenses due to him being fired, perhaps some of the money went for the family's expenses. :thinking:
Wondering and JMO.

Either that or he grossly underestimated how long the money would last.

Without being insensitive...would a medical exam take place for legal purposes?

The medical exam is done for both legal purposes and for insuring that the survivor ( personally hate the word victim, because she's not a victim, she's a survivor) isn't in any need of any medical intervention. Like is she dehydrated, how are her lytes, cbc, any infections, exposure to wild animals, scratches, bites, etc. So it's done for both legal documentation and medical stability.

Friend DA. Friend politician. And apparently the support of much of the town/area. I think he'd get off on state charges if tried there. I hope ET was forthcoming and told everything she knows.

The complacency of the community throughout this ordeal is very concerning. ET is a victim and I'm worried she will continue to be victimized by the whole system.
Is it possible Tc will post bail and be sitting at home on a monitor before any of this goes to trial?
I rarely follow cases through trial so am very uninformed on the process. I just cant help but worry for ET and how this will affect her.

JMO

Actually he was found by the employee of a major hotel chain. That is how investigators got the Walmart lead. I suspect that when he stayed at the second location he realized that his visits were being logged into the company's computer system. He probably didn't stay there again.

What were the dates that the Walmart video was released? I thought it was about 2 weeks after their stays at the hotels.

I know some of it went for gas, the Super 8 motel stay, and the (small) Walmart purchase, but what else did they blow that money on?

Reading through the charges, it seems that he only had the $4500 and not hundreds or thousands more, as we originally speculated.

Granted, it was a long road trip, and like I mentioned before CA gas prices are at least $1 more per gallon here than anywhere else, but I really would not have expected them to be dead broke at this point. They would have needed blankets and cold weather clothes for their trip north.

Maybe he still had some money but was trying to conserve it until he found work. that's my best guess.

:cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member