IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
House panel unanimously approves bill for collecting DNA samples during felony arrests

3:48 PM, Feb 13, 2017
5:45 PM, Feb 13, 2017

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-collecting-dna-samples-during-felony-arrests

I dont think it can be assumed "BG has no arrest record" , i dont think all states do DNA unless its a felony, and some states just now started doing this, and some still dont, is my understanding correct?

Also for all we know, his DNA may not have got a hit to identify but maybe another murder scene retrieved the same DNA. All I know is, today was the calculated date to be the last day of the 6-8 week results possible..so ...here we sit..

The FBI has technicians and technology that we can only dream about, and BG has not been identified from the photo. Locals, including nearby towns, have not identified BG. Finally, I'm sure the DNA has is back, and there is no match, meaning BG has no arrest record.

IMO BG is someone friends, neighbors, relatives would never suspect, especially if BG is from out of state. Undoubtedly, with all the publicity, he realizes his mistake with the photo/voice so IMO he will lay low for a long, long time.

I must say that it's quite possible people have never heard of the Delphi killings. We're from a large Midwest city, and my husband had no idea until I mentioned it. Not big news here.
Do you have a link saying the DNA is back and there is no match? Cos I don't think we have seen that stated at all. That would be big news IMO.

Perhaps if you post your "young" one next to the original that you used, that may help, because I have noticed that the "bad " one you did is being posted against the original (otto?) which you already stated did not come out well. I think most of us have been grateful for what you have done so thank you. Perhaps some posters have only seen the 'bad' one even? I know it is easy to miss posts when the thread is moving fast. Anyway, good work IMO.

I hope this helps.sidebyside.jpg

Do you have a link saying the DNA is back and there is no match? Cos I don't think we have seen that stated at all. That would be big news IMO.

According to this snippet, DNA testing was fast tracked because of the significance of the case. I think it can be safely concluded by now that if the results were such that it identified a guilty suspect, an arrest would've already occurred and LE wouldn't still be asking for tips.

This entire news report from Feb 23rd is worth a read.

"It can sometimes take two days to a week to generate a DNA profile from evidence, if not longer.

“But if you are fast-tracking it…if it’s a case that’s got some urgency to it, it can be done in a couple of days,” said Bush.

Which is what Sheriff Leazenby said is happening. But while DNA can bolster a case, Dr. Bush says it’s not always a slam dunk on its own.

“It’s good,” said Bush, “the science is excellent, it’s very trustworthy, and there are very strong standards in DNA processing, but…when all is said and done, [it’s] just one piece of evidence for the process.”
http://fox59.com/2017/02/23/dna-evidence-recovered-in-delphi-murder-investigation/

Someone suggested that I should use the original police photo, rather than one pulled from a media report. I think it's a good idea. The original photo can be found here:

http://www.in.gov/isp/delphi.htm

Right click on the image to copy.

House panel unanimously approves bill for collecting DNA samples during felony arrests

3:48 PM, Feb 13, 2017
5:45 PM, Feb 13, 2017

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-collecting-dna-samples-during-felony-arrests

If LE have a suspect in mind but no record of his DNA at present, there are a couple of things they can do without alerting him while their investigations are ongoing.

1. Have him pulled over in a random breath test.

2. Have some familial DNA testing done. This can be obtained the same way if there's no record on their files already.

Everything humanly possible should done to apprehend the man responsible for this.

MOO...The image they are using now appears to be stretched a bit horizontally. He's much fatter in this one than in the earlier one I assume was the original.

I think that's backwards. The original FBI photo is not stretched, it is the original. The image that is on media sites could very well be slightly re-sized or manipulated for web use.

Sorry, but I see the image on the right to be taller and skinnier than the original, and this has nothing to do with removing the background.

He's taller because I resized the photo when I worked on it, and didn't get it back down to the exact size when I was done. Part of the "skinnier" is from removing the 'aura' around him (from movement). I think I may have accidentally taken a bit of his right elbow, but I didn't slim him down. I think most of the difference is just perception, but I've been wrong before.

MOO

Oh nice thank you much imnosherlock, I'm curious what your thoughts are about it as well. If you don't mind sharing of course.
I've laid out a couple different scenarios I believe are plausible . As far as the girls go I think my latest was very plausible which was why the SW could have been served on RL. Also I believe the reason LE gave no description other than clothes and white, is because they dont want the public looking for one guy at a certain height and dismiss other perps because they are taller or shorter. No discredit to people like Gray Hughes but I also don't believe the pics were taken on the bridge. I filtered these pics just like everyone else and I can clearly see what is under his chin but I chose not to say because if LE wanted that out there they would have said what it was or put it in the decription. When I made this statement before for not sharing, my post was deleted so now I tend to stay away from any discussion pertaining to them. I also believe that the reason LE is only using the one pic now is because they have had time to clean it up as far as what was layered. I think they should give some kind of presser as far as reassuring the general public. In things like this "no news is good news" I don't feel is always the best route to go. Thats all im typing for now because for some reason my spacebar won't work here and all my words running together unless I go back and put them in. Only seems to be happening on this site.

According to this snippet, DNA testing was fast tracked because of the significance of the case. I think it can be safely concluded by now that if the results were such that it identified a guilty suspect, an arrest would've already occurred and LE wouldn't still be asking for tips.

This entire news report from Feb 23rd is worth a read.

"It can sometimes take two days to a week to generate a DNA profile from evidence, if not longer.

“But if you are fast-tracking it…if it’s a case that’s got some urgency to it, it can be done in a couple of days,” said Bush.

Which is what Sheriff Leazenby said is happening. But while DNA can bolster a case, Dr. Bush says it’s not always a slam dunk on its own.

“It’s good,” said Bush, “the science is excellent, it’s very trustworthy, and there are very strong standards in DNA processing, but…when all is said and done, [it’s] just one piece of evidence for the process.”
http://fox59.com/2017/02/23/dna-evidence-recovered-in-delphi-murder-investigation/

I believe there are more than one person involved in these killings and that LE is diligently working to build a case to solidly convict all those who are guilty. DNA could match a suspect but how convicting it is depends on where it is found, ie on their bodies or on an object found nearby. Also that they are still asking for someone to call doesn't mean they don't have suspects but that they need some very specific folks to break the alibis given and provide one more piece of evidence. They could have identified more than one DNA, but like you said, not a match to those in the system or to those who have volunteered samples. I keep remembering that it is a very complex complicated case.

Sadly I don't think they have any new developments of significant value. Anything meaningful or relevant in terms of new information would come from LE, at least I would think so. The fact that this special is being advertised leads me to believe they are seeking more tips and don't have their guy in their sight...yet. They probably hope by televising this special program that it will push someone who has the case-breaking tip to call in and give it up. IMO

RTV6 is pushing their Delphi Daughters special pretty hard. There was a short segment on the 6 am portion, showing BG's pic, the DTH voice clip and telling people to call in a tip if they have one instead of putting it out on SM.

They also mentioned something about discussing latest developments (I hope it's more than what we already know.)

He's taller because I resized the photo when I worked on it, and didn't get it back down to the exact size when I was done. Part of the "skinnier" is from removing the 'aura' around him (from movement). I think I may have accidentally taken a bit of his right elbow, but I didn't slim him down. I think most of the difference is just perception, but I've been wrong before.

MOO

Thanks for clearifying, I think some of the things people are seeing maybe do to resizing. It can bee tricky to resize and keep proportioning the same. Appreciate all your efforts....:cheers:

MOO

Thanks. Although the image on the right is not identically scaled with the image on the left, if the right image was reduced to be the same height, the man in the picture will be even skinnier. <modsnip>

I am in the uk and just catching up on the posts i have missed. I cant believe people are still arguing/debating or whatever over the edited photos.

We are all piecing together our own facts and opinions. If you dont like any edited pictures scroll on. They may not mean anything to you but something might stick out to someone out there.

Peace & love x

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I am in the uk and just catching up on the posts i have missed. I cant believe people are still arguing/debating or whatever over the edited photos.

We are all piecing together our own facts and opinions. If you dont like any edited pictures scroll on. They may not mean anything to you but something might stick out to someone out there.

Peace & love x

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

That's what we do here - we debate. Given the many variations of the original photo that have been posted here, and the numerous spin off discussions based on those modified images, I think it's a good idea from time to time to check the spin off discussions against the original photo.

I've laid out a couple different scenarios I believe are plausible . As far as the girls go I think my latest was very plausible which was why the SW could have been served on RL. Also I believe the reason LE gave no description other than clothes and white, is because they dont want the public looking for one guy at a certain height and dismiss other perps because they are taller or shorter. No discredit to people like Gray Hughes but I also don't believe the pics were taken on the bridge. I filtered these pics just like everyone else and I can clearly see what is under his chin but I chose not to say because if LE wanted that out there they would have said what it was or put it in the decription. When I made this statement before for not sharing, my post was deleted so now I tend to stay away from any discussion pertaining to them. I also believe that the reason LE is only using the one pic now is because they have had time to clean it up as far as what was layered. I think they should give some kind of presser as far as reassuring the general public. In things like this "no news is good news" I don't feel is always the best route to go. Thats all im typing for now because for some reason my spacebar won't work here and all my words running together unless I go back and put them in. Only seems to be happening on this site.

Interesting post.
I just posted that I believe there are more than one involved. I also think that they did not give more detailed description because they want certain folks who would know these people to not get hung up on the details of one person like height and hair color so they can convict all the guilty and not let any slip through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member