Ebola outbreak - general thread #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmony 2

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Continue discussion here...

1) Blogs must be approved before posting.
2) Please read your post before hitting reply. If your post is personal to someone else, don't post it.
3) Posts about the political aspects need to be taken to the designated area on the forum.
4) Post responsibly by linking to information.
5) Keep information relevant to the disease and steer away from bashing victims, conspiracy theories and race.

Please adhere to the guidelines above or you may find yourself looking in from the outside for a brief time period.

Mod note: There were an excessive amount of alerts today. Read the guidelines and 'thank' this post to indicate you have read them. Continued infractions will result in time-outs.

@wfaalauren: .@CDCgov tells me Amber Vinson called to tell them she had a 99.5 temp but no other #ebola symptoms & they said she could board plane #wfaa

I don't know how to bring this over from the last thread - it is reported by CNN that Nurse Vinson did call CDC about flying and was told it was okay.

@wfaalauren: .@CDCgov tells me Amber Vinson called to tell them she had a 99.5 temp but no other #ebola symptoms & they said she could board plane #wfaa

This makes no sense at all to me. I just don't understand why it wouldn't be better to err on the side of caution.

Too bad the nurses in Texas do not have a union to back them up. There is no union in Louisiana either.
Hopefully we will see changes in the future. BTW nurses that walk out in Texas are almost certain to be terminated and will probably be black balled in the business. I am so glad to be retired.

As nurses, we are not going to take it anymore!!!

Someone should be fired. This nurse phoned to report her condition. JMO

CNN also said her Ebola is more advanced than the 1st nurse

I am reposting this. It is important IMO> MEdia has been bashing poor nurse who is sick, sperated and worried about her doggie, flying away from home. IMO its wrong.

She called CBC prior to getting to on plane and they told her it was fine per CNN.

We all have been following this from beginning - does anyone recall being "monitored" really means the same thing as quarentine - cant ride bus subway get on plane. If that were true (that is what monitoring mean) then it is a soft word for quarentine.

If one cant get on plane - in that logic the supermarket etc etc too. I am not saying I beleive that,IMO they are scaring people to death .

IMO she did what a pro should do, once she started she took her responsilites. What does the media think she should have done - based on info given her''

That is the whole mess with this - not the virus--would anyone get "lost" if I gave directions like this:

At the first light take right
go a mile
no at first light take left
go a mile
make a right
no go 2 miles
bla bla!

NO MORE DOGGIE MURDERS!

What kind of thermometer did the nurse use to take her own temperature? There's always a margin of error depending on how it's taken and I'm sure the nurse knew that. JMO

Oh my Heavens. What a circus the CDC is. Unbelievable.

All I know is, here in Cleveland, it got really crazy really fast. I am typing this as they are reporting it live on WEWS: Channel 5, Cleveland Clinic Health System, Metro Hospital, and University Hospitals ALL had nurses on the flight to DFW with AV. They were headed to a nursing conference. All of these nurses have now been put on paid leave as a precaution.

It's been wall to wall news coverage today, non-stop. Press conference from the Cleveland Mayor and Board of Health, Akron Mayor and Board of Health, I heard an interview with Sen. Sherrod Brown, a statement from Sen. Rob Portman, a statement from Governor Kasich, a Kent State press conference, etc., etc., etc. Mostly people here seem shocked, but not panicked. Some of my nurse friends are on edge, but ready to do their jobs if the need arises.

I'm glad to see that CNN is reporting this young nurse DID contact the appropriate higher ups and they said she could get on an airliner back to Dallas.
It made no sense to me that she would act so irresponsibly on her own, just because she had no consideration for others and just did what ever she wanted.
That is why she did not go to a hospital in Ohio...as well.

Prayers for Ms Vinton and her family at this time.

JMO

I wonder who on earth she spoke to at CDC? Someone violated their own guidelines. :eek:hoh:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes no sense at all to me. I just don't understand why it wouldn't be better to err on the side of caution.

Because it doesn't make sense. Director just said they shouldn't have been flying at all.
Yet she called CDC, told them she had a fever, and they said she was fine to board?
We are the mercy of incompetent people left and right.

What kind of thermometer did the nurse use to take her own temperature? There's always a margin of error depending on how it's taken and I'm sure the nurse knew that. JMO

and now they are chagning (agian ) the temp lower, just crazy most know that each persons body spikes fever to different degress same bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni