Dan Rassier: Former POI **Wrongly accused**

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to remember what LE writes in a search warrant isn't evidence. What appeared to be blood spatter may not have been blood spatter.

If we ever see the test results it could explain what was seen by LE. Until that happens it's just a guess that blood spatter was present. If I were to guess, I would say that it wasn't blood spatter. JMO

It was confirmed as blood splatter and I watched a video with DR and he explains that this blood splatter was found, he admits it was blood splatter and then explains that they received this chest from an aunt and they think the blood was on it when they received it.

Which just makes me go??? because the blood splatter in the search warrant explains that it was there after the chest was placed in the shed for storage.
I'll try to find that link to that video. I tried earlier today and couldn't. It was a 2010 video.

This isn't about blaming anyone. I'm reading the info from a warrant a poster here posted, and I was curious why nothing was ever done with the samples LE collected. You'd think if they had a POI they'd do something with it as soon as science allowed, so they could either catch who they think the perp was, or clear him and focus on catching the real killer (regardless of the outcome today).

I have posted this nearly same response now over and over again. I too am simply questioning the legally available, public information. I am not sure what the motive is here of some of the posters who continually state that looking at and discussing these documents is somehow throwing stones at an innocent man.

As I look back through these posts I don't see anywhere here in the recent 48-72 hours where anyone is saying anyone other than DH is guilty. What I and others are writing is that there is certainly some very odd information held in these papers and we want to discuss it.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt, if I were an investigator on that case a few years ago and presented with the information I'm reading in those documents, I would have been highly interested in a certain individual as well.

I would assume specimens collected from DR was dna tested at sometime, clearly ruling out JW. Probably tested further as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assume is a mountain better not climbed.

I think DR is handling things better every day now. I wouldn't be surprised if he just suddenly forgives everybody.

You know, I've watched a handful of video interviews of him to try to get a sense of what he's like. As difficult as it is to assess someone from a video, I have to say he comes across as just a very tender hearted and sweet soul of a man. Many thousands of people have trouble in social settings and that doesn't make them bad or guilty of anything other than not fitting into the local beer drinking, snowmobile riding group.

By the time I was done watching the last video I just felt so bad for him. What an awful, horrendous thing to have happen at the end of your own driveway and then have to live with the constant trouble he has; not just for a year or six months but twenty six years. That's just awful.

Can you imagine if you woke up tomorrow and there was a thread with your name at the top of it on WS and dozens and dozens of people were sitting there on the world wide internet picking you personally apart, all aspects of your life, gone and found some old girlfriend that barely knew you and posted what she said ect...ect...wow, what horror. Nothing he could do about it. I'd have lost it by now.

Even though I don't know him personally I would want to wish him all the best in his future life, a new life free of all of this. I think he should sell his farm and move off somewhere to another state. Start fresh.

It was confirmed as blood splatter and I watched a video with DR and he explains that this blood splatter was found, he admits it was blood splatter and then explains that they received this chest from an aunt and they think the blood was on it when they received it.

Which just makes me go??? because the blood splatter in the search warrant explains that it was there after the chest was placed in the shed for storage.
I'll try to find that link to that video. I tried earlier today and couldn't. It was a 2010 video.

On what grounds did they say the blood was there after the chest was placed in storage? There's no test I know of that can explain when DNA of any type was deposited.

Also the phrase blood splatter might be misleading people. It sounds very dramatic, like there are blood stains everywhere, but blood splatter can mean a few tiny drops in a pattern which suggests they splattered rather than dripped, sprayed, etc. Cutting your finger then shaking it will create blood splatter, for example. Interpreting whether a few drops are splatter or something else is also a subjective science, one of those areas where nine different experts can give ten different opinions.

And finally, I think its misleading to say DR "admits" its blood splatter. DR simply trusted LE to be telling the truth and attempted to explain how there might be blood there. A dangerous thing to do, and something DR would have known not to do if he'd consulted a lawyer, because if his guesstimate of how the blood got there could be disproved that would have been twisted to make out that DR deliberately lied.

You know, I've watched a handful of video interviews of him to try to get a sense of what he's like. As difficult as it is to assess someone from a video, I have to say he comes across as just a very tender hearted and sweet soul of a man. Many thousands of people have trouble in social settings and that doesn't make them bad or guilty of anything other than not fitting into the local beer drinking, snowmobile riding group.

By the time I was done watching the last video I just felt so bad for him. What an awful, horrendous thing to have happen at the end of your own driveway and then have to live with the constant trouble he has; not just for a year or six months but twenty six years. That's just awful.

Can you imagine if you woke up tomorrow and there was a thread with your name at the top of it on WS and dozens and dozens of people were sitting there on the world wide internet picking you personally apart, all aspects of your life, gone and found some old girlfriend that barely knew you and posted what she said ect...ect...wow, what horror. Nothing he could do about it. I'd have lost it by now.

Even though I don't know him personally I would want to wish him all the best in his future life, a new life free of all of this. I think he should sell his farm and move off somewhere to another state. Start fresh.

Good points .... and if it was my name in the headlines I would join the discussions and correct everybody's errors .... as a matter of fact I think he (DR) has been here and had some excellent replies that were too cutting (truthful) and he got banned and posts deleted.

Nevertheless he HAS tried to publicly refute a lot of falsehoods in a rather gentlemanly way .... yet the venom continued ..... some examples here ....

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/...est_goes_through_day_of_wetterling_abduction/

Search Warrants Released in Wetterling Case, Man Once a Person of Interest Defends Himself
http://kstp.com/news/dan-rassier-ja...erest-danny-heinrich-search-warrants/4259690/

"5 EYEWITNESS NEWS asked Stearns County if Rassier has officially been cleared in the Jacob Wetterling investigation. The chief deputy says the case is closed, and Daniel Heinrich is the confessed killer of Jacob. Nobody else is considered a person of interest or suspect in the matter".

Search Warrants Released in Wetterling Case, Man Once a Person of Interest Defends Himself
http://kstp.com/news/dan-rassier-ja...erest-danny-heinrich-search-warrants/4259690/

"5 EYEWITNESS NEWS asked Stearns County if Rassier has officially been cleared in the Jacob Wetterling investigation. The chief deputy says the case is closed, and Daniel Heinrich is the confessed killer of Jacob. Nobody else is considered a person of interest or suspect in the matter".

Thank you for the link. This story says what I have been stating on here for years. There was never any evidence linking Dan to this crime.

Good morning. Theres nothing left to see around here folks. DR is clear, Jacob is home, and the monster is gone.

Good morning. Theres nothing left to see around here folks. DR is clear, Jacob is home, and the monster is gone.

One thing to see is to get a lawyer if one is involved in a criminal issue.

The difficult thing is many people accused could never afford a lawyer. I think if one goes to trial, then you qualify for a public defender. Before then , there is nothing I imagine. We had to have one for my mother's estate. Even a simple call to ask where things were at was billed at 15 minute intervals even if the call lasted for two minutes.

So many molesters in one area. Is this the way it is everywhere?

What could have been done to help little Danny Heinrich or little Duane Hart as children?

This, concerning the search warrants.

"I never expected the utter embarrassingly incompetence of whoever wrote this up."

Folks, please step back and take a breath. There is no justifyable reason for the venom and condisending comments being made. All it will accomplish is to make the moderators jobs more difficult and possibly get the thread(s) locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie