WV WV - Samantha Burns, 19, West Hamlin, 11 Nov 2002 *B. Bashem guilty*

In regards to Samantha, none of it matters anymore. LE did not find her there. The answer in my opinion is back with the losers in prison.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

This whole thing is insane. Part of me was hoping that this would bring closure for the Burn's family.

Mr. Hysell went on a huge Facebook spree last night, ranting and raving about white supremacists, his sexual turn ons, details into murders...weird stuff. His story has remained sort of consistent, but some things have changed.

im from the area, and when he says law enforcement is corrupt and incompetent here, he's telling the truth there..any small towns have their fair share of corruption, and it's definitely possible for well connected people to get by with crimes.

its just so random that he, or she, would scheme this up and mention Samantha burns. Especially because some of the key players in this mess do have connections to Fulks and basham and others involved in the case.

he's deleted all of his posts. He seems like a man that needs psychiatric care and it's shame law enforcement or friends haven't encouraged him to go to a hospital. My guess is drugs and alcohol have played a part in this as well.

what a shame if he's made all of this up :(

There is just no way that he made all this up. In the second phone call video if you listened to the very end, he says something about everything was fine until you told me about these bodies and Rebecca responds "I know, I know" or something similar. I fully believe that she told him something. You just don't come out of the woodwork with all these bizarre claims from nowhere. Either she lied to him or she didn't, but I do not think he's making it up.

ETA: Also, on Rebecca's FB post in the comments, someone had linked the video of the phone call and several people said it sounded like her voice. How could this hillbilly carry out this elaborate plan and devise someone to call him pretending to be Rebecca. Not likely.

Ironically, it doesn't matter anymore. We don't have to guess if he made it up....obviously, he did since no body was found. Bless dear Samantha...hope the two sitting on death row have a sliver of conscious and provide info.

There is just no way that he made all this up. In the second phone call video if you listened to the very end, he says something about everything was fine until you told me about these bodies and Rebecca responds "I know, I know" or something similar. I fully believe that she told him something. You just don't come out of the woodwork with all these bizarre claims from nowhere. Either she lied to him or she didn't, but I do not think he's making it up.

ETA: Also, on Rebecca's FB post in the comments, someone had linked the video of the phone call and several people said it sounded like her voice. How could this hillbilly carry out this elaborate plan and devise someone to call him pretending to be Rebecca. Not likely.

Because this hillbilly could pull off a much more elaborate one than this. He's NOTHING, and I hope he pays dearly for hurting the Burns family. I was in the hospital and missed most of the ending, but no one deserves to suffer like Sam's family has. I'm praying LE can go after him and make him PAY UP.

its totally random to bring her into this, that's what's so weird. But, if they are making it up, he could have just chosen some well known murder/missing persons cases around here that he knew would get attention.

i sort of believe him, he seems genuinely scared and it appears this woman did tell him something. Whether she was joking or not with him is unclear.

i wondered if in the calls if she could have just been going with his delusions to appease gi,, if he saw mentally ill.

its sad that law enforcement has let this continue for so long..they've left this man loose to continuously rant and rave and destroy her reputation if he's lying. Too bad they didn't have his Facebook shut down.

hes now made claims that she has abused her nursing patients, he's forged prescriptions for her of her patients, that she smokes weed...I mean he's just continuously slamming her.

Seems wreckless of LE to let this abuse continue. If Le thinks Both are nutty, would they let this continue and just ignore it?

by letting it continue, they're letting false info get out and potential danger could come to this woman or her family as she's received death threats and people have been driving to her property.

Yes she admits to telling him a body but no mention of Burns. It's still unclear if she was being serious but it looks like she did tell him of at least one body. LE seems to have blown this off as drunken crazy people making up stories.

I still believe him. In one of the comments he says he has been in contact with the FBI every day. Hopefully that is true and they are working on things behind the scenes.

This man was probably a liar. He's now back in town and with his wife again!

July 11:

A search prompted by a Facebook video suggesting the body of a West Virginia college student last seen in 2002 was buried in Ohio has ended with no bodies found, a sheriff said Tuesday.

Lawrence County Sheriff Jeff Lawless said in a statement that the extensive search for the body of Marshall University student Samantha Burns that began Monday morning ended Tuesday afternoon.

Lawless had said the FBI was leading the search of the property near Chesapeake, across the Ohio River from Huntington, West Virginia.

In the Facebook video alleging her body was buried on the Lawrence County property, the man says he met and married a woman several months ago. He says she wouldn't let him clear an area of her property so he could build a pond. He says she later told him Burns' body and other bodies were buried on the property where he wanted to dig.

Lawless said the man also contacted his office.

"It's worth taking a look at," Lawless had told The Herald-Dispatch in Huntington.

During the search, investigators used shovels, rakes, sifters and heavy equipment to dig on the property. Lawless said the woman who owns the property was "very cooperative."

The sheriff said a more detailed statement concerning the situation will be released in a couple of days. The Herald-Dispatch reported that Lawson said he couldn't comment on whether charges would be filed or efforts made to recover costs for the search.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/11/facebook-video-prompts-search-for-missing-students-body.html

Samantha Burns of Huntington – Last seen Nov. 11, 2002 at 19 years old
  • Burns was last seen Nov. 11, 2002 at the Huntington Mall in Barboursville
Thumbnail

MISSING
Missing Person / NamUs #MP411Samantha Nicole Burns, Female, White / Caucasian
Date of Last ContactNovember 11, 2002
Missing FromHuntington, West Virginia
Missing Age19 Years
Current Age38 Years

Case Information
Demographics
Missing Age19 Years
Current Age38 Years
First Name Samantha
Middle NameNicole
Last NameBurns
Nickname/AliasSam, Sammy

SexFemale
Height5' 3" - 5' 5" (63 - 65 Inches)
Weight110 - 115 lbs
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactNovember 11, 2002
NamUs Case CreatedDecember 12, 2008
Last Known Location Map
LocationHuntington, West Virginia
CountyCabell County
Missing From Tribal LandNo
Primary Residence on Tribal LandNo
Circumstances of DisappearanceUnknown. Samantha was last seen at the Huntington Mall in Barboursville, WV at approximately 6:30pm.
Physical Description
Hair ColorBrown
Head Hair DescriptionBrown
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorHazel
Right Eye ColorHazel
Eye DescriptionHazel
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Piercing
pierced ears, pierced tongue

Scar/mark
Scars on right side of forehead (from chicken pox)

Tattoo
tattoo of a "Butterfly" on lower back

Other distinctive physical characteristic
Mole on neck

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Accessories
LILAC CIGARETTE LIGHTER

Clothing
Orange fuzzy sweater with a tank top underneath, low cut rider jeans that flared at the bottom, light tan suede mule shoes and leopard print purse.

Jewelry
Diamond stud earrings, heart-shaped gold ring with a diamond in the center of the heart

Bump for Samantha

No activity for quite awhile. I hope her case is still open.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back