TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, BeanE. I'm strugging with this Twitter code. If I just copy and paste exactly what you have there, including the link, will that work? Or does the link have to be attached separately? Can we ask this stuff here, or do we need a twitter tutoring twead? How do I come up with a distribution list, and then when I do a tweet, does it automatically go to everybody I've clicked to "follow"?

And...if I want to attach a different link, how to I do that?

Folks I have not been around and have not read much of what has been posted. but even when I poke my head in from time to time I see a lot of tit for tat and petty bickering going on among members. That usually includes veiled insults that are nothing more than attacks on members.
Please stop. If you continue to subtly insult each other in this back and forth there will be more TO's given.
It is counterproductive and does nothing to advance the search for Gail.
if you disagree with someone, don't passive aggressively attack them. Just state your disagreement and leave the insults out.
Thanks,cooperation is always appreciated.

post lands at random

Thnx to Emeralgem and Sleuthy1 for the maps. I live on the "front" side of Signal and I'm not very familiar with these other areas. My husband did request that I consider staying off Big Fork Road. No argument there.

I believe LE (and now TBI and Gov. Haslam's office as well) is looking at Gail's case from every possible angle. If they're looking at foul play, and if any new information may be coming from the person of interest they mention, it appears his residence is about 10 minutes from Big Fork Road -- kinda scary, especially when you look at his mug shot and read the account of the 2004 case. I'm not saying nothin about nobody at this point because all I have is a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach to go on. We'll have to see how this unfolds.

It plays into what many locals had said from early on in this case. This is all pure speculation from people whose families have lived here for generations and seem to know a lot, covering many, many years -- I'm a newbie having lived here only 22 years. The old locals fear Gail was killed by someone who lives in this general area. They think he associated with a bunch of similar bad characters and that they liked to hang out at a place run by a close relative of one of the main players in this case. I don't know if we're supposed to repeat speculation from locals in this way, so moderator, please delete if needed. But it has been the consistent theory that I've heard in two months...from dinner parties to the kid who carries out the groceries at Bi-Lo, they believe Gail is gone and that her husband had something to do with it. And, that the jeep was taken to a chop shop (easy for the same bad characters) and had disappeared before Gail was reported missing. Does any of this strike a chord with anyone? Or are the locals telling their tale and we're sitting on ours?

I would love nothing more than for Gail to come home to her children and family. I still believe about 50/50 that she will. I don't think it would matter to anyone if she felt she had to hide or leave for whatever reason. She would be welcomed with open arms and more (old and new) friends than she ever knew she had.

BBM Dark Red

IF true, this tidbit of information is extremely disturbing and needs to be investigated to the fullest extent....JMHO..

F. Lee said:
I'm a newbie having lived here only 22 years. The old locals fear Gail was killed by someone who lives in this general area. They think he associated with a bunch of similar bad characters and that they liked to hang out at a place run by a close relative of one of the main players in this case. I don't know if we're supposed to repeat speculation from locals in this way, so moderator, please delete if needed. But it has been the consistent theory that I've heard in two months...from dinner parties to the kid who carries out the groceries at Bi-Lo, they believe Gail is gone and that her husband had something to do with it. And, that the jeep was taken to a chop shop (easy for the same bad characters) and had disappeared before Gail was reported missing. Does any of this strike a chord with anyone? Or are the locals telling their tale and we're sitting on ours?

F. Lee: From the beginning of this case, some of the locals have stated that the husband had nothing to do with any of it. I don't live on Signal, but I'm an old-timer here on WS and all I can say is that people never want to think that a husband has anything to do with it.

Sometimes it's easier to just blame the "usual local suspects" who may already have criminal records, but LE has to work from the inner circle out, even if it seems unlikely. And we have to look at motives and patterns going on before Gail disappeared. Who was she having trouble with? Considering the 911 calls in the weeks before she disappeared, the only person she had issues with was her husband.

Yes, she was allegedly being followed, which her husband calls "paranoia" and "mental illness" except that now she is gone without a trace. She had bank accounts full of money from which no one benefits except her husband. She had land and property and that also benefits her husband. The homes have been searched, but late in the game and on her husband's terms working through a "defense" team and a PI. And he's not talking, nor has he offered a reward, nor have the children been interviewed from what we know.

We know they were about to file for divorce. We know there was a pattern of lying about a mistress, even to the husband's employer.

It's true her jeep is gone and could have been a good reason for a car jacking. It definitely could have ended up at a chop shop, and we know there are many of those in the area. But that doesn't mean that if something happened to her it was unconnected to her husband. There are such things as murder-for-hire.

So . . . I just think people would rather blame shady people at a local honky-tonk than admit that there were problems closer to Gail. :twocents:

F. Lee: From the beginning of this case, some of the locals have stated that the husband had nothing to do with any of it. I don't live on Signal, but I'm an old-timer here on WS and all I can say is that people never want to think that a husband has anything to do with it.

Sometimes it's easier to just blame the "usual local suspects" who may already have criminal records, but LE has to work from the inner circle out, even if it seems unlikely. And we have to look at motives and patterns going on before Gail disappeared. Who was she having trouble with? Considering the 911 calls in the weeks before she disappeared, the only person she had issues with was her husband.

Yes, she was allegedly being followed, which her husband calls "paranoia" and "mental illness" except that now she is gone without a trace. She had bank accounts full of money from which no one benefits except her husband. She had land and property and that also benefits her husband. The homes have been searched, but late in the game and on her husband's terms working through a "defense" team and a PI. And he's not talking, nor has he offered a reward, nor have the children been interviewed from what we know.

We know they were about to file for divorce. We know there was a pattern of lying about a mistress, even to the husband's employer.

It's true her jeep is gone and could have been a good reason for a car jacking. It definitely could have ended up at a chop shop, and we know there are many of those in the area. But that doesn't mean that if something happened to her it was unconnected to her husband. There are such things as murder-for-hire.

So . . . I just think people would rather blame shady people at a local honky-tonk than admit that there were problems closer to Gail. :twocents:

Please correct me If I'm wrong but my understanding is F.Lee was saying many of the old locals believe MP is somehow involved.. They are saying they believe Gail was killed by someone local to the area and this person is associated with other shady people who like to hang out at some sort of establshment that is owned by a close relative of one of the main players in Gail's case..
For me... Murder-for hire does indeed come to mind...JMHO

Please correct me If I'm wrong but my understanding is F.Lee was saying many of the old locals believe MP is somehow involved.. They are saying they believe Gail was killed by someone local to the area and this person is associated with other shady people who like to hang out at some sort of establshment that is owned by a close relative of one of the main players in Gail's case..
Fpr me... Murder-for hire does indeed come to mind...JMHO

I think you are correct, that is what F. Lee is implying. However, the establishment that is being referred to closed down many, many years ago, and anyone who would have been old enough to frequent it would now be using a walker and in depends-not your typical MFH. It would be strange for Matt to have known any of the shady people from the establishment- he would have been younger than 10 or so at the time, not legal age for such an establishment.

Not sure what the actual closing date was for the establishment, but the relative referred to left the area sometime in the early 80's. Until yesterday when the news story broke about the search for more remains in the Ward case, I had not heard or seen any mention of this idea.

Hey Pearl, did you do the new signature? Did you have to get permission or anything? I want to use that one too.

Well, I just sorta took it. I did give credit though. :D

It wasn't an EXACT copy. I'll negotiate with Happy if I need to.

Well, I just sorta took it. I did give credit though. :D

It wasn't an EXACT copy. I'll negotiate with Happy if I need to.

OT
What's that saying.... Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery

happy409, could I borrow it too? Thanks

I can look up hashtags for different areas if someone else wants to make tweets out of them....it sounds like that would be needed and that part I think I can help with if someone else wants to work on the actual tweeting.

Wonder if LE checked with any of her neighbors to see if they had private surveillance cameras or anyone on the route down including Taft Hwy?

This is tangential and if I'm repeating something, sorry. A long time ago, fbx said that Gail's house had a security system and the ADT security people were seen at the house.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6497129&postcount=820"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1[/ame]

I'm thinking it might have been very common for the homes in the area to have security systems.

I believe everyone here should take very seriously the comments made by F Lee. I have taken upon myself to advance those theories, in speculation, of course. Someone that is in that area and knows the people there and the culture, is better equipped to `speculate`than any of us.

Hopefully, given all information to date, the person(s) responsible for GP`s missing status, will be identified and prosecuted.

I can look up hashtags for different areas if someone else wants to make tweets out of them....it sounds like that would be needed and that part I think I can help with if someone else wants to work on the actual tweeting.

Thank you so much, Irish! Gotcha on the list. :grouphug:

A couple more thoughts on getting the Jeep info out into the public's mind to keep an eye out for -

CB Radio community/Ham Radio community - I don't even know if this is the same thing lol. But... I know these good people have a well-established communication network, both with, and outside of, the trucker community.

Maybe somebody would like to grab this idea and run with it, research how to best tap into this community, if they could put out 'BOLOs' for Gail's Jeep. Maybe they have some volunteer brigades already set up who do this sort of thing, who would be happy to send out the description of Gail's Jeep with a BOLO and HCSO's contact info.

Another idea occurred to me a few minutes ago would be a flyer campaign. We see in the missing person cases where people do campaigns with different themes. Holly Bobo's case just had a campaign launched called 'Holly Across America', getting truckers to put her poster on their trucks. (That's what got me thinking about the trucker community in regards to Gail's Jeep).

The campaigns are usually launched on an anniversary of the date the person went missing.

So maybe a flyer campaign putting out flyers with a big pic of the Jeep on it, emphasizing asking people to keep an eye out for the Jeep, and getting people in target states - across TN, AL, NY, other(?) - to pass out the flyers at malls or whatever, post them in their local towns, post them on the internet on Facebook. They can even be tweeted out too.

Maybe plan it, then launch it on an anniversary date, and hold it over a weekend, notify the media about it in all the target areas.

Anyway, just another idea that maybe somebody might want to grab and run with.

I just have it in my head that no matter what happened to Gail, the key is finding that Jeep. LE can probably evidence from it, or clues from where it's located, that will give them new info they can work with. So I'm just trying to think, if we want, basically, everybody in the U.S. to have a picture of the Jeep in their heads to keep an eye out for, what are different ways to get that picture of her Jeep into their minds.

snipped

Yes, she was allegedly being followed, which her husband calls "paranoia" and "mental illness" except that now she is gone without a trace.

I snipped to just this part because I think it bears repeating. A lot of talk has been made about Gail having mental issues which, for some, supports the theory that Gail committed suicide and just hasn't been found yet. And that's true, it does work with that theory, which (as I feel the need to state) is a plausible one.

However, in the focus being diverted to just that theory, I personally feel that EXACTLY what you said has been almost forgotten: Gail was paranoid, thought she was being followed, and is now missing without a trace. Perhaps she wasn't paranoid at all.

As a kid, I was a fan of "WKRP," and the character Dr Johnny Fever once said "Sometimes, paranoia is just good thinking." It's possible that Gail wasn't paranoid but just aware of what was going on. Just my opinion here.

Okay, looking into this a little I think this makes the most sense how to approach.

I'm going to propose a list of categories we may want to find hashtags for based on theories about where the Jeep could be. NOT GAIL. The Jeep. I would like any input if I have missed something obvious that we should be looking at. I'm new at this too, so I'm sure my list won't be all inclusive. Then we can go about trying to compile hashtags that might assist us in targeting that specific point of interest. Some of these are logical and some are just blind guesses.

Major Metropolitan Areas (not counting Chattanooga)

Birmingham
Huntsville

Venues in SE TN, N. AL and N. GA

Large airports
Hotels
Shopping Malls

(places where MP, GP, or another party might have chosen to abandon a vehicle? or where GP could still be using it?)

Hobbyists

bikers
ATV clubs
Jeep enthusiasts
campers

does this sound like a place to start?
(same idea but if the vehicle was abandoned somewhere more rural)

Is anyone here in touch with the people on BGHN personally? The reason I ask is that I'm guessing they have donations/financial resources applied toward finding Gail?

Wonder if someone could suggest to them a FB ad campaign? You can make it as broad or as targeted as you want, I know how to do it, and would show them how if need be. And it doesn't have to be expensive, either.

The difference between having an FB page and an ad campaign is that with a page, you are depending on a person having interest in going to your page. With an ad, you can set it up to target people who have certain other pages liked, like the Chattahoochee National Forest, or a motorcycle club, campground, shopping mall, etc. Then the ad will run on their page.

So for an ad targeting campers you could put a picture of the Jeep with the caption "Campers - Help Find Missing Mom" If they see the ad but don't click on it, you've at least put the thought in their head that a red Jeep is connected to a missing mom and to be alert. If they do click the ad, they can be directed to a flyer that has more specific info. Thoughts?

I believe everyone here should take very seriously the comments made by F Lee. I have taken upon myself to advance those theories, in speculation, of course. Someone that is in that area and knows the people there and the culture, is better equipped to `speculate`than any of us.

Hopefully, given all information to date, the person(s) responsible for GP`s missing status, will be identified and prosecuted.

Agree, this is why I don't mind the FB page, although some of the locals may not feel comfortable posting their speculations on line. I don't think there are alot of people in their late 60's ready for the walker yet, and he prolly had younger patrons as well. Nor does it take a 6' 6" man to manhandle or pull a trigger. Then there is always the friend of a friend who knows an aquaintance...... Etc. Apparently some of the past patrons like to post on line.

http://sceniccity.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=food&action=display&thread=8304&page=1

http://newsandbull.com/chattanoogapast.html

RSBM
BeanE;6914776]A couple more thoughts on getting the Jeep info out into the public's mind to keep an eye out for -

CB Radio community/Ham Radio community - I don't even know if this is the same thing lol. But... I know these good people have a well-established communication network, both with, and outside of, the trucker community.

Maybe somebody would like to grab this idea and run with it, research how to best tap into this community, if they could put out 'BOLOs' for Gail's Jeep. Maybe they have some volunteer brigades already set up who do this sort of thing, who would be happy to send out the description of Gail's Jeep with a BOLO and HCSO's contact info

Seems I remember running into info on the web about a relative of Matt's having this interest in the past. Please don't ask me where, because I don't have a clue where I found it now. fwiw Maybe this is one of the ways Matt's family is helping in finding GP?

Agree, this is why I don't mind the FB page, although some of the locals may not feel comfortable posting their speculations on line. I don't think there are alot of people in their late 60's ready for the walker yet, and he prolly had younger patrons as well. Nor does it take a 6' 6" man to manhandle or pull a trigger. Then there is always the friend of a friend who knows an aquaintance...... Etc. Apparently some of the past patrons like to post on line.

http://sceniccity.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=food&action=display&thread=8304&page=1

http://newsandbull.com/chattanoogapast.html

Talk about a blast from the past...

This one I found to be extremely telling...

The Tiki Hut on Frazier. Contract assassinations and such.

BTW...No walker or depends here either...JMHO..

Hi happy, yes those are some of the mines. Actually there are additional quarries as well- and when you follow the GA/NC/AL routes, there are a ton more clusters.

You can see here the locations: (it's kind of a large pdf...)
http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/mapdata/documnt1.pdf
Thanks, this must be new and applies only to active commodities. Hence, the cement company off the mountain is listed, but none of the other mines are listed, since they are no longer in operation. Still looking for those around the mountain. Big Fork Road has many access points throughout the mountain, front - at top and bottom (towards downtown - Hamilton county) and back (Dunlap, Whitwell - Sequatchie/Marion county).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288