Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Education is expensive and really doesn't make anybody any money - certainly not a "capitalist" venture - KWIM? But if we all got together it could be done. After all - this is our future here....
Respectfully edited and BBM.

If you think education is not a profit making entity, check out privately run charter schools, school testing programs, and for profit universities. Quite of bit of this gets into the political arena, so I won't go into it further, but believe me, there are plenty of "capitalist" ventures involved in education in the US these days.

JMO.

Just seen on twitter that Police and Firefighters are forming a wall to protect funerals from protesters.

I cant link it cause I cant get on twitter on this computer. Ill try to do it another way.

Just seen on twitter that Police and Firefighters are forming a wall to protect funerals from protesters.

I cant link it cause I cant get on twitter on this computer. Ill try to do it another way.

I thought the firefighters were there to pay their respect to Daniel Barden.

I haven't heard anything else about protestors actually showing their face.

If it turned out they couldn't agree on something related to Adam's upbringing, Nancy Lanza "shall make the final decision," according to the Sept. 24, 2009, settlement approved by Judge Stanley Novak.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/17/nancy-lanza-peter-lanza-divorce_n_2316461.html

bbm, it appears she had final say.

This is general, standard operating procedure I believe. My parents divorced when I was in my mid-teens (16) and my mother had primary custody of me. I saw my father whenever I wanted, but my mother made the decisions. This is, I believe, fairly common in amicable divorces when kids are older. To ensure no one has to "wait around" for the approval of both parents regarding medical care, educational decisions ect., the custodial parent is given final say.. Nothing strange about it to me. Their divorce was finalized when AL was 17, so it wouldn't be long for those decisions, anyway..

I thought the firefighters were there to pay their respect to Daniel Barden.

I haven't heard anything else about protestors actually showing their face.
They're there, in Woodbury, according to Anonymous (@YourAnonNews) on Twitter.

Who would protest at a child's funeral? :furious:

12/19/12, 12:31 PM
Police & firefighters are forming a wall to protect #Sandy... rightnow.io/breaking-news/… #Newtown #SandyHook #Shooting #Connecticut via @timeboat

http://www.rightnow.io/breaking-news/newtown_bn_1355499468214.html

12/19/12, 12:44 PM
MT @KimKap: Firefighters line up along the funeral procession route for Daniel Barden, 7, who wanted to be one #newtown pic.twitter.com/PEHbJpnv

Here are 3-tweets, hope the link works. Had to email then copy link.

My thoughts and prayers continue for the families, friends, colleagues, neighbors, and the entire Newtown community who lost loved ones in this senseless act of violence. :rose:

This is true, we don't know. However, and I may be wrong here, I believe that he wouldn't have had access to all this weaponry if weren't for her. I think a lot of truths are about to come out. Too bad they weren't out before, 28 lives may have been saved.

Agree... I think we all want to know what transpired so it can be prevented in the future and I think we have a right to be concerned that this young man had access to semi-automatic weapons and seemed so isolated.

Don't tell me, WBC? I think that is sick.

This is true, we don't know. However, and I may be wrong here, I believe that he wouldn't have had access to all this weaponry if weren't for her. I think a lot of truths are about to come out. Too bad they weren't out before, 28 lives may have been saved.

I agree with you. His mother liked and owned lotsa guns. It is one of the few facts we do know is true.

I think that "backlash" has been around for quite some time and it is time we acknowledge that our schools simply aren't capable of forcing all children to be "friends" with everybody else.

JMO

that is sort of harsh.

(I am the mother of a special needs child):twocents::twocents::twocents:

Attention Please!

We would like to ask that the name of the offending demonstrators not be used on this thread. We don't want or need to give them any more publicity.

TIA
fran

PS.... I'm going to set up another thread as this one is getting long. I'll be back here to lock this thread in a few minutes, so be ready to make the leap.

A relation said Mrs Lanza pulled her son out of school in his mid-teens and taught him at home as she was unhappy with education board plans for him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...rigged-rifle-for-maximum-damage.html?vm=r&s=1

Wonder what those plans were?? IMO - I think his mother thought she could control everything and keep everything all cool and normal. For appearances. I want to know if she really did all that travelling. <modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get