Terms of Service / The Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone create a missing person poster, and if yes, is there a place online that I can do it? Also, I tried to put a picture in the missing persons thead but could not get it to work. Is there someone that can help me?

The Polly Klaas Foundation also has an online flyer template that runs through Microsoft Word. It's very easy to use. They have one for one child or two (or perhaps a child and suspect).

http://www.pollyklaas.org/yourchild/flyer_templates.html

To put a picture in a missing persons thread, if you find the picture online, you should just be able to right click on the image, click Copy Image, and then Paste it into the thread. Or highlight the picture and again, just Copy and Paste.

What if the minor is the missing person???

You can sleuth for their whereabouts but you can't sleuth what they did as a 13 year old. You also can't post if you find any juvenile records. And their friends are off-limits.

I have a question, and I apologize if it has been answered elsewehere, I haven't found that information. :blushing:

If we find and post a valid (MSM, LE etc.) link to a missing persons case resolved - either found safe, alive, deceased - what are we supposed to do? Or aren't we supposed to do anything else, and a moderator or admin will find it sooner or later, and move the thread to the located area?
Thanks so much for clearing that up for me. :)

I have a question, and I apologize if it has been answered elsewehere, I haven't found that information. :blushing:

If we find and post a valid (MSM, LE etc.) link to a missing persons case resolved - either found safe, alive, deceased - what are we supposed to do? Or aren't we supposed to do anything else, and a moderator or admin will find it sooner or later, and move the thread to the located area?
Thanks so much for clearing that up for me. :)

Hi Sunrisenow :)

That's a very good question!

If you find and post the link it helps us out if you can also alert on the thread to let us know the missing person has been found. That way we can then mark it and move it to the located thread. The alert button is in the top right corner, the exclamation inside the triangle.

You're welcome to start a thread either in the missing/located discussion forum, or the missing persons info and support (non discussion, family support only.) Anyone can start a thread.

hth

I'm trying to start a thread on the Missing Discussion Forum but get this error:

Taco, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I'm trying to start a thread on the Missing Discussion Forum but get this error:

Taco, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Hi Taco

I'm pretty sure you need to have around 50 posts before you can start a thread on your own. It doesn't take long.

If you would like for me to help you start the thread you want to start I'm happy to do so. You can either pm me or post it here, just let me know.

Good to have you with us.

Ima

In a missing persons case, is it permissible to discuss groups such as cults that might be involved without MSM links or is that akin to discussing a person before they've been named a POI or a suspect?

Hi necco!

It would have to be in main stream media and or named a POI or Suspect. If they are in the media then you are limited to only discussing what is in MSM.

Hello everyone. I am new here, so please forgive me if I have missed the answer or am being a bit dense!
I have found guidelines about calling people sex offenders, but what about accusations of involvement in murder etc.

If I am looking at a missing person case, can I say things like "the neighbour Dave, when he said "blah de blah", that makes him sound a bit suspicious. What do you think?" Is that acceptable or would that be libellous?

Could I say "Dave sounds like he loved her. Maybe she rejected him and he got angry"? merely based on my reading the newspaper reports or my intuition?
I have seen a few old threads that say "i think the husband did it". Is that legal or libellous?
And does it matter what country I am in (England) and what country the other person is in?
(Bearing in mind Maddie McCann' parents seem to be suing people that point the finger at them.)

So, basically, what would be the correct way of saying "Dave did it"?
Thanks!
Merrie

Need help!!!!

I beed to create a thread referencing a parental abduction. ..can I include pictures of the parental unit who
Has taken the 2 kids? Pictures of vehicles last driven?

May I include pictures of the parent from their PUBLIC FACEBOOK PAGE?

Need urgent advice on how to help locate kids but do NOT want to break the rules

Pictures and name of the father who has taken the kids permitted?

Hi merriweather!

If no one has been named a suspect or person of interest then we can not discuss anyone in that manner.

You can discuss Dave for example if he is in main stream media and he can be discussed only with what is known in the media and from law enforcement.

You can give your opinion on a theory you have for example but again you can only speculate with what is known at the time thru the media or from

law enforcement. That would be your opinion and not fact.

I don't think there is a correct way to say "Dave did it" unless he has been named a suspect or person of interest.

I know its all very confusing. If you have a question about something in particular you can always pm the Mod or Mods involved in that case.

Sorry about not getting back with you sooner here, I should check this thread more often.

Welcome to Websleuths!

Ima

If you have a missing person's case that hasn't been reported yet by a main stream media source, but you do have the actual case number, is it okay to post the case in question?

If you have a missing person's case that hasn't been reported yet by a main stream media source, but you do have the actual case number, is it okay to post the case in question?

los, yes, as long as you have a case number, phone number to law enforcement etc. Just put it all in the thread you start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member