GUILTY PA - Ryan Mangan 16, shot to death, Jeannette, 4 Feb 2015

colette

Reaction score
Maxwell Marion Morton 16, is being charged as adult for the first degree muder of Ryan Mangan. They both attended Jeannette City School District, Pennslyvania. Atfer shooting Ryan in the face, Morton took a selfie with his body. Then he sent the picture to someone, whose mother sent to police.

“(Police) received a copy of the photo which depicted the victim sitting in the chair with a gunshot wound to the face,” the affidavit states. “It also depicts a black male taking the ‘selfie' with his face facing the camera and the victim behind the actor. The photo had the name ‘Maxwell' across the top,” police said.

The son of the woman who sent the photo further received messages from Morton that stated, “Told you I cleaned up the shells,” and “Ryan was not the last one,” according to the affidavit.

Read more: http://triblive.com/news/westmoreland/7729452-74/police-morton-photo#ixzz3R5Xur8U5
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

There is so much to say about crimes like this, then again what can you say? Did the killer plan more killings? Did he think his friend would keep his secret? Did he have to imortalize this with a selfie? Did he just pick Ryan because he was a nice guy and an easy victim? So sad.

What I wonder, is adult life so scary, bleak, and horrid that a young man would rather turn his life over to the state via murdering someone rather than finish growing up and start his adult life in his own way? If there is an ounce of truth in that question, then we are all vulnerable all the time. RIP, Mr. Mangan.

Any protests for this horrific, disgusting, and senseless murder?

Nah.

Morton, used Snapchat, a smartphone application that allows users to send images that are deleted a few seconds after they’re received.
He sent the image to a friend, who saved it on his phone before it was deleted, according to Fox News. The friend showed the photo to his mother, who turned the image over to police, according to Fox News.

Pamela Rutledge, director of the Media Psychology Research Center says:
“This is really a question about criminal pathology rather than technology,” she told the Tribune-Review. “Perpetrators in need of validating their power and sense of self-importance have used all kinds of communications to ‘brag’ about criminal activities — from the local hangout to social media like Facebook.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-selfie-with-the-body-to-snapchat-police-say/

I am gratified that the kid who got the snapchat copied it and gave it to his mother. This young man/woman knew the value of a life versus a code of silence. Thank goodness for him/her.

Thank goodness the kid who got the snapchat thought quickly enough to save the image before it automatically deleted! Many people would be too shocked to think quickly and save such an awful image.

I am gratified that the kid who got the snapchat copied it and gave it to his mother. This young man/woman knew the value of a life versus a code of silence. Thank goodness for him/her.

Concerned Mama said:
Thank goodness the kid who got the snapchat thought quickly enough to save the image before it automatically deleted! Many people would be too shocked to think quickly and save such an awful image.

ITA. Imagine, though, the horrible image that will now be ingrained in the memory of this young man and his mother. Considering some of Morton's statements, I'm sure the friend and his mother also saved other lives. Sounds like Morton did intend to go on a killing spree.

Police in Western Pennsylvania say that 16 year-old Maxwell Morton posted a selfie of him posing with the body of a murder victim.

Authorities said in a criminal complaint that the mother of another youth said her son received a photo showing the suspect with the victim after he had been shot, and also received text messages from the suspect saying "Told you I cleaned up the shells" and "Ryan was not the last one."

Read more: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...her-16-Year-Old--291156891.html#ixzz3RG1KmC5c
Follow us: @nbcphiladelphia on Twitter | nbcphiladelphia on Facebook

Oops..I see this was already posted. Sorry!

Mangan's girlfriend said the alleged shooter, Maxwell Morton, 16, sent her a message on Facebook.

"The night it happened, he messaged me and was just like, 'Yo.' The next day, I didn't read it until Thursday, and I was like, 'What's up?' He was like, 'Ryan got shot in the head. I'm sorry,'" said Brianna Kelly.

"I want to know why they did it to him. Why they would leave his body for his mother to clean up. And then stand here, blatantly smile at a phone while somebody is in the background with a gunshot to their face?" said friend Joscelyn Elias.

http://www.wtae.com/news/jeannette-...-to-victims-girlfriend-after-killing/31177394

http://triblive.com/news/westmoreland/8085192-74/morton-mangan-weaver#axzz3W8LrEPAZ

Laughing and dancing, 16-year-old friends Maxwell Morton and Ryan Mangan played with a loaded gun in Mangan's Jeannette bedroom on the evening of Feb. 4, according to police. Morton told police he pointed the gun at Mangan... “At first, he was going to take a picture” down the barrel of the gun looking at Mangan, Weaver testified. But then, Morton told police, he “just shot him, and it didn't matter,” Weaver testified...

District Judge Joseph DeMarchis ordered Morton of Jeannette to stand trial on homicide and illegal firearm possession charges after a 40-minute hearing...

Maxwell Morton is being held without bond at the Regional Youth Services Center in Hempfield. His formal arraignment is set for May 20.

The killer is now saying it was an accident. I don't buy it. He brought the gun there. He is smiling in the photo with the body, no accident.

Morton isn't some toddler who stumbled across an unlocked, loaded gun. I'm glad they're trying him as an adult. The shocking depravity of personalizing a selfie taken with another kid he just shot doesn't bode well for any hope of rehabilitating this criminal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back