Canada - Four killed, 7 injured in shootings, La Loche, Sask, 22 Jan 2016

This may have been stated already but this is the first chance I have had to read closely about this very sad case.

So the two brothers were killed before he went to the school?

Could the shooter have lived in the same home as the two brothers? Could the two brothers be family members of the shooter?

During some of these school shootings the shooter would first murder some of his family members before coming to the school is why I wonder if the same could have happened here?

tia

It such a tragedy no matter the dynamics.

IMO
They very well could of lived in the same house. Some MSM is reporting the shooter was related to the brothers. The mayor of La Loche is quoted as saying that the RCMP told him the shooter killed his 2 brothers before going to the school.

http://leaderpost.com/storyline/right-now-la-loche-is-devastated

This article also claims the two boys were "relatives" of the shooter.

I wonder if they are hesitant to label the shooter as a "brother" or anything to the victims as it could give away his identity. In Canada they do a lot to protect your identity of you are under 18.

Aha. I should have read your post before I posted mine. It only made sense to me they were kin to the shooter.

Thanks for the link confirming my suspicions.

This may have been stated already but this is the first chance I have had to read closely about this very sad case.

So the two brothers were killed before he went to the school?

Could the shooter have lived in the same home as the two brothers? Could the two brothers be family members of the shooter?

During some of these school shootings the shooter would first murder some of his family members before coming to the school is why I wonder if the same could have happened here?

tia

It such a tragedy no matter the dynamics.

IMO

Based on everything we have on this shooting I think this is probably correct. A person on Reddit claiming to be a relative said as much before any details came out through MSM. Due to Canada's laws we won't get a name or anything else. Not sure if this applies if minor is charged as an adult?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on everything we have on this shooting I think this is probably correct. A person on Reddit claiming to be a relative said as much before any details came out through MSM. Due to Canada's laws we won't get a name or anything else. Not sure if this applies if minor is charged as an adult?

I wonder if any U.S. News outlets will pick up the story and figure out the shooters identity and release it?

Years ago- there was a 13 year old girl in Alberta... My memory is murky but she began dating a guy around 20 years old. They ended up killing her parents and her little brother. Because of her age her identity was protected, but a bunch of US news outlets released her name and pictures. When she was released a couple years ago she was given a new identity because of that and disappeared into the wind....

If he is charged as an adult, yes his name will be released... A Canadian example - Kruse Wellwood was immediately identified after he was charged with murdering Kimberly Proctor. He was 16 at the time of the crime so there is a good chance this shooter will be charged as an adult.

I wonder if any U.S. News outlets will pick up the story and figure out the shooters identity and release it?

Years ago- there was a 13 year old girl in Alberta... My memory is murky but she began dating a guy around 20 years old. They ended up killing her parents and her little brother. Because of her age her identity was protected, but a bunch of US news outlets released her name and pictures. When she was released a couple years ago she was given a new identity because of that and disappeared into the wind....

Yes the girl was 12 and he was 23. His name is Jeremy Steinke. Part of the issue with that case was they identified the victims - a mom, dad and an 8 year old boy as the "R" family (there is a wiki entry under their full name). But then when she was arrested, it was pretty obvious who she was. In later reporting, they stopped identifying the family name but by then everyone knew who she was so it wasn't so much the US media although they may have continued to use the name. She was actually in the news a few months ago - she is off probation and apparently attending university in Calgary...

I wonder why he would shoot his brothers? [ if he did]

I can easily understand a teen shooting his parents or his ex-gf. But his brothers? It seems odd because it was not a murder suicide even.

There must be a back story. I saw pix of the brothers online from their FB pages. They seem to be regular, happy normal teens. so tragic for their family. What a nightmare. :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

I wonder why he would shoot his brothers? [ if he did]

I can easily understand a teen shooting his parents or his ex-gf. But his brothers? It seems odd because it was not a murder suicide even.

There must be a back story. I saw pix of the brothers online from their FB pages. They seem to be regular, happy normal teens. so tragic for their family. What a nightmare. :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

On top of this, I'm not sure at all why the crime scene moved to the school. It appears that two teachers died in the school shooting, and no students who were attending classes during this time. This shooting is as confusing as it is sad. Was at least one of these teachers involved in something, or related to the shooter? I am wondering if maybe one teacher was a target, and one teacher was "in the way" so to speak. By no means do I mean deserving when i say target, by the way, I'm just trying to understand this shooter's motive here.

This tweet was embedded in the ViceNees story

Devin Heroux (@Devin_Heroux) tweeted at 8:14am - 23 Jan 16:

Family of Marie Janvier sent this photo. Aunt Diane Janvier says her smile could light up a room @CBCAlerts #LaLoche pic.twitter.com/YbHcCjCULj
Devin Heroux (@Devin_Heroux) tweeted at 8:14am - 23 Jan 16:
edb0194a96afd8f34cee5751f5d6db62.jpg

https://twitter.com/Devin_Heroux/status/690930584533618688?s=17

:(

A couple of posts have been removed due to violation of Websleuths Terms of Service.

Please stick to discussing the facts related to the specific case at hand. Attempts to steer the discussion towards more personal agendas regarding politics or race, or discussion of moderation will be removed.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH

While we believe very much in the freedom of speech & expression, you DO NOT have an absolute right to say whatever you want in this community. WS is based in the United States, but is not an agency of the Federal or any State government - so the 1st Amendment to the United States Constitution and similar State amendments regarding your right to free speech DO NOT APPLY HERE.

Anything that goes against our core beliefs and the purpose for which this community was designed may not be allowed.

Posts and comments intended to incite conflict between members or outside parties are strictly prohibited.

WS Administration has the absolute right to edit, modify, and delete any content found posted on this website.

RACE/SEX/RELIGION BASHING and INTOLERANCE

Threads or posts promoting or expressing intolerant views toward a particular social group (such as race, religion, gender and sexual orientation) are prohibited.

BASHING WS ADMINISTRATORS and MODERATORS, and THEIR ACTIONS

Posting in a thread to comment on, question, or criticize moderator or administrator action is not allowed.

For a refresher, Websleuths Rules can be found here:

Confirms Darius Piche received the text message from the shooter who was nicknamed "ears" in the convo http://aptn.ca/news/2016/01/24/poli...th-first-degree-murder-in-la-loche-shootings/

More info front his link on the victims and charges
[...]
The boy, who cannot be named under youth criminal legislation, is also charged with seven counts of attempted murder in relation to those who were injured when he allegedly opened fire at the La Loche Community school Friday.

The RCMP have identified the four people killed in Friday’s attack.

Dayne Fontaine, 17, and Drayden Fontaine, 13 were found dead at a residence in a residence in the community. Teacher Adam Wood, 35, and school assistant Marie Janvier, 21 were shot at the school.
[...]

:tears:

It would be nice to see some real justice meted out for the loss of 4 lives and those wounded ; and my opinion is that those wounded may have been attempted murders as well.
Sadly, because of the perp's age, there might be a possibility he could be released at what... 21 ? 25 ?

For the loss of those four lives alone---I think being incarcerated for the duration of his own life would be appropriate ; and while in prison, he can sit and think about the choices he made.
IMO

Rest in peace, Dayne, Drayden, Marie, and Adam !

It would be nice to see some real justice meted out for the loss of 4 lives and those wounded ; and my opinion is that those wounded may have been attempted murders as well.
Sadly, because of the perp's age, there might be a possibility he could be released at what... 21 ? 25 ?

For the loss of those four lives alone---I think being incarcerated for the duration of his own life would be appropriate ; and while in prison, he can sit and think about the choices he made.
IMO

Rest in peace, Dayne, Drayden, Marie, and Adam !

It appears they are charging him with the attempted murders, too. But the laws in Canada are a little strange about this stuff. First of all, there's no death penalty as many already know. That's not a problem imo. But the next thing could be problematic... they don't really do life sentences without parole. I think the maximum sentence here is 25 years at a time. If after review the person seems okay they could be back out. If they seem dangerous they could stay in prison. I'm not sure how this part works myself, maybe it's due to multiple counts adding up. So anyway, I guess I'm saying there's little chance the suspect could be in prison for the rest of his life. It could happen, but it's rare in Canada.

I agree it's miserable what the shooter did... and my God, a 13 year old? What on earth makes someone want to murder a kid? It's something I may never understand. It's also very baffling why the shooter moved from the residence to the school. I wonder if they'll ever tell us when this goes to trial. It reminds me of the Newton shooting case to some degree. Thank God he didn't take as many young lives as the Newton shooter did. But four people died, others were injured (two critically at least) and this is... I think... maybe the worst school shooting incident since the Montreal shooting in 1989. Something needs to be done to bring justice to these victims and their families.

It appears they are charging him with the attempted murders, too. But the laws in Canada are a little strange about this stuff. First of all, there's no death penalty as many already know. That's not a problem imo. But the next thing could be problematic... they don't really do life sentences without parole. I think the maximum sentence here is 25 years at a time. If after review the person seems okay they could be back out. If they seem dangerous they could stay in prison. I'm not sure how this part works myself, maybe it's due to multiple counts adding up. So anyway, I guess I'm saying there's little chance the suspect could be in prison for the rest of his life. It could happen, but it's rare in Canada.

I agree it's miserable what the shooter did... and my God, a 13 year old? What on earth makes someone want to murder a kid? It's something I may never understand. It's also very baffling why the shooter moved from the residence to the school. I wonder if they'll ever tell us when this goes to trial. It reminds me of the Newton shooting case to some degree. Thank God he didn't take as many young lives as the Newton shooter did. But four people died, others were injured (two critically at least) and this is... I think... maybe the worst school shooting incident since the Montreal shooting in 1989. Something needs to be done to bring justice to these victims and their families.

I think this kid will probably be charged as an adult. A first degree murder conviction will bring an automatic 25 year sentence and even though he may get parole after 25 years if convicted he will always be under the control of the criminal justice system. Under the Harper government the faint hope clause was done away with. Something was also enacted I thought that dealt with multiple murders but I am not sure what that is.

I think this kid will probably be charged as an adult. A first degree murder conviction will bring an automatic 25 year sentence and even though he may get parole after 25 years if convicted he will always be under the control of the criminal justice system. Under the Harper government the faint hope clause was done away with. Something was also enacted I thought that dealt with multiple murders but I am not sure what that is.

I agree that this suspect will most likely be charged as an adult, due to age being seventeen and the seriousness of these crimes. I mean, after a certain age even little children understand that murder is wrong.

Due to the severity of the crime and number of dead and wounded I think he is definitely going to be denied parole every time it comes up. If he had only killed one person he would likely be out in 10-20 years due to his age, it's frustrating here in Canada sometimes. But once in a while you see how they really can keep some people in jail forever. Paul Bernardo is a great example of that. He will never ever ever get out. I think Luca Magnotta will end up with a similar fate... (Hopefully). So this boy could definitely be looking at that future, provided he is charged as an adult. Being 17, that seems quite likely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back