Hurricane Harvey - August 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
CARIIS has started a thread for Irma. Just in case.

I just wanted to say thanks all. This has been a wealth of information. Oh and sorry I didn't post link to Irma thread.

The facts show this flooding is like no other we have experienced even in the Texas area. I saw on the news last night that 80% of the homes damaged or destroyed does not have flood insurance because they were not in a flood plain. It shows how far and wide the flooding actually turned out to be.

Many areas in our own area during our 500 year flood had never flooded before. Many were miles away from a river, lake, creek or even a pond yet they were underwater for over a month.

It truly shows how powerful and damaging floodwaters can be and how far reaching.

I am still praying for all of our brave Texan friends who's life and uncertainty is left hanging in the balance. I have no doubt you will get through this but its going to be such a struggle for so many for many months or years to come. As I posted earlier, it took some of the areas that were hit hard during our flood over a decade to overcome. Many places where business and homes were destroyed are still vacant lots.

South Georgia has already had two horrific storms back in January of this year in the area where I live causing tornadoes to be on the ground for over 70 miles and doing massive destruction and loss of life. People in our area are still trying to come out from under the severe damage those two strikes caused and now we are very fearful of Irma releasing her power if she comes inland into our area. :( In January 2017 alone Georgia had over 100 tornadoes.

Are you Texans safe?

Been concerned about them too. Haven't heard from several of them for quite awhile now. Hoping it's just a power issue or an internet related one.

I realize too they may be very busy with much more pressing priorities as well.

Just wanting them to all be safe...

Hey Cariis- also we keep 2 "water bobs" on hand, one for each tub. Gives us clean water for days that we could drink or wash with. Worth the dollars...easy to store.

https://www.amazon.com/WaterBOB-Emergency-Drinking-Storage-Gallons/dp/B001AXLUX2

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Those look very good. How do they work? How do you fill them up? I've filled our bathtubs before when I knew plumbers or the city had to work on water lines, but this looks good, too.

Hey Everyone,

I'll be starting a new thread shortly as well as closing this current thread.

Thank you,
Tricia

Please continue the discussion HERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads