Woman Killed after gas pump explodes

This was horrific. My heart goes out to this 18 yr old young lady. RIP Whitney.

snipped from the article that Laura provided in post #1:

"Witnesses told The Gazette newspaper the pump caught fire after hit was hit by a pickup that had in turn been struck by an SUV. Police said the incident was under investigation.

The woman was pumping gas when the fire erupted, and she was trapped between the pump and a minivan, witnesses said.

"She was standing there screaming 'Help me! Help me! I'm going to die,"' Greg Alderman told The Gazette.

OMG! That's one of my worst fears, I try never to drive close to one of those trucks. I can't believe the driver who caused it got away with only bruises.:furious::furious::furious: They need to charge her with manslaughter at least!
Hopefully the 18-year-old's death was quick and she didn't suffer long. How horrifying!:eek::eek::eek:

That is the most horrific thing! :eek:

And her screaming for help....OMG, heartwrenching!

Was the minivan hers? who was the passenger in the mini-van? how was she trapped? did the truck push her into the minivan and she was pinned? I have so many questions.

God Bless her family, such a tragedy!

Look at her, so young and beautiful, sounds like she was a sweet girl!

She was pinned in, that's why she couldn't escape!

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/41464857.html

Whitney Hendrickson died Tuesday in a fire at a gas station, after being pinned between a gas pump, and her minivan. A memorial of flowers, cards and letters has begun to grow at the site.

Whitney's father tells 11 news that his daughter was a prize, that she had an incredible love of life and that she was very good to her father. He also described his daughter as magical and life didn't weigh heavily on her and that she was simply infectious

There is also a video.

:( What a horrific story! It would be the most painful way to go, imo. RIP Whitney. Bless her heart and her family.

This situation happened here recently, but no one was killed in the incident. However, same situation as far as a wreck crashing into the pumps etc. Maybe they need to place cement barriers along the street curbs to prevent cars from careening into the pumps.

I heard about this on the news,so sad and such a beautiful young lady. Prayers for her family and friends.

I'm sorry about posting too much of the article JBean I got carried away, I'll do my best to remember not to do that.

The woman that was cited for the wreck only got a citation for a misdemeanor and it had me hoppin mad. How can such a lovely child be killed in such a horrific way and it's a misdemeanor? :(

Prayers for Whitney's family, they are going to need them to get through this.

This story is sooooo incredibly sad....
it breaks my heart! :(

OMG that picture is horrible. (The one of the minivan in flames from the FoxNews link)

That is SO sad :( My thoughts and prayers really go out to her family. How tragic.

Rest in peace Whitney.

Horrible nightmare. OMG what she had to go through. And the people who heard her and tried to help her but couldn't. They will never be able to forget her cries for help. Her poor loved ones will keep thinking of the way she died. I pray that they can be comforted somehow.

I'm sorry about posting too much of the article JBean I got carried away, I'll do my best to remember not to do that.

The woman that was cited for the wreck only got a citation for a misdemeanor and it had me hoppin mad. How can such a lovely child be killed in such a horrific way and it's a misdemeanor? :(

Prayers for Whitney's family, they are going to need them to get through this.

Although it is tragic, I don't think the woman should be charged with a felony. Why ruin two lives because of an accident?
Snipped from the chicagotribune link:
Lt. David Whitlock said a more serious charge, such as vehicular homicide, would require police to show that McKay demonstrated a "wanton or a willful disregard" for people or property. He said police couldn't make that case.

OMG, this article has me bawling. She had a twin brother.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/hendrickson_50162___article.html/gas_college.html

snipped:

Whitney Hendrickson left the west-side house she grew up in to get gas for her trip to the Mount Princeton Hot Springs, one stop on a tour of Colorado she planned for a college friend from Wisconsin.

Her mother and sister waited at home, thinking that Hendrickson, 18, and her friend Julie Podair, 19, would be back soon so the group could enjoy a day tailor-made for two young women on spring break from Grinnell College in Iowa.

Minutes later, Hendrickson was gone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back