Casey & Family Psychological Profile #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd bet on the fact that KC's DP-qualified attorney,AL, is going to pick apart what went on in the A family. Anything and everything will be fair game, in the attempt to spare KC the death penalty.

They can try it. But, she still doesn't meet the criteria for insanity.

The absolute absence of the father in for this child is for me, one of the most glaring dysfunctions of this whole family. After all this time, not one clue of who this guy is/was. No one has emerged, no one has figured out who Casey dated 9 months before the baby was born. No man has admitted anything, not even one who may think he is the father and at least come out as a voice for Caylee. Nothing. He has to be dead.

Everyone has a father, why not Caylee? Why hide him, even if he is dead? Why deprive the paternal side of the family? Denial of pregnancy, denial of fatherhood, denial of thievery, denial of fraud, denial of murder.

A lot of people don't have fathers.

The absolute absence of the father in for this child is for me, one of the most glaring dysfunctions of this whole family. After all this time, not one clue of who this guy is/was. No one has emerged, no one has figured out who Casey dated 9 months before the baby was born. No man has admitted anything, not even one who may think he is the father and at least come out as a voice for Caylee. Nothing. He has to be dead.

Everyone has a father, why not Caylee? Why hide him, even if he is dead? Why deprive the paternal side of the family? Denial of pregnancy, denial of fatherhood, denial of thievery, denial of fraud, denial of murder.
I might believe he was actually dead, if it wasn't for the extreme defensiveness of the family whenever he is mentioned. They can't talk fast enough about how he was never a part of Caylee's life, as if they want to end the conversation real quick. That, plus the other lies leads me to question this story along with all others.

Well now I am stumped, who is the Irish surfer ? Dare I ask ?

Somebody else KC claimed. Also dead. It's thought she may have met him at their fave beach. Theory is that that's why she likes shamrocks and calls herself "caseyomarie." I don't remember the guy's name, but it WAS Irish.

On the other hand, she also says the daddy was a one-nighter with a Universal employee.

And, Amy said he was a tall, slim guy whom she met. He and KC were just not that into eachother.

I've never quite understood the fascination w/ Caylee's dad, BTW. He's didn't have any part in the crime.

I might believe he was actually dead, if it wasn't for the extreme defensiveness of the family whenever he is mentioned. They can't talk fast enough about how he was never a part of Caylee's life, as if they want to end the conversation real quick. That, plus the other lies leads me to question this story along with all others.

Well, both parents say they don't know who it is. That could be why they behave the way they do. They are SO into family image.

A lot of people don't have fathers.

Yes, I know alot of people do not have fathers in their lives. But everyone egg needs a sperm. There is no acknowlegement of said sperm in Caylee's life.

I found an interesting study on the Association of Maladaptive Parental Behavior With Psychiatric Disorder Among Parents and Their Offspring

A wide range of maternal and paternal behaviors were assessed during the 1975, 1983, and 1985 to 1986 interviews. Inconsistent maternal enforcement of rules, loud arguments between the parents, low maternal educational aspirations for the child, maternal difficulty controlling anger toward the child, maternal possessiveness, maternal use of guilt to control the child, maternal verbal abuse, parental cigarette smoking, parental supervision, paternal assistance to the child's mother, and paternal fulfillment of the role of father in the family were assessed using items from the Disorganizing Poverty Interview and measures of maternal child-rearing attitudes and behaviors that were administered during the maternal interviews.

Here is the link for the full study:
http://archpsyc.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/58/5/453

I found an interesting study on the Association of Maladaptive Parental Behavior With Psychiatric Disorder Among Parents and Their Offspring

A wide range of maternal and paternal behaviors were assessed during the 1975, 1983, and 1985 to 1986 interviews. Inconsistent maternal enforcement of rules, loud arguments between the parents, low maternal educational aspirations for the child, maternal difficulty controlling anger toward the child, maternal possessiveness, maternal use of guilt to control the child, maternal verbal abuse, parental cigarette smoking, parental supervision, paternal assistance to the child's mother, and paternal fulfillment of the role of father in the family were assessed using items from the Disorganizing Poverty Interview and measures of maternal child-rearing attitudes and behaviors that were administered during the maternal interviews.

Here is the link for the full study:
http://archpsyc.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/58/5/453

Where did you get that profile of my family? And, my mother's family? :)

Yes, I know alot of people do not have fathers in their lives. But everyone egg needs a sperm. There is no acknowlegement of said sperm in Caylee's life.

But, we've all known women who cut the bio-father out because he wasn't ready for fatherhood. Or, for some other reason.

The child often turn out well, if the family is loving.

On the other hand.....we're talking about the Asl aren't we. ;-)

My guess, BTW, is that KC is refusing to tell her parents, as sort of a power play.

Exactly!!

Pretty impressive isn't it. Cindy mentioned paying Caylee's medical bills but never spoke of Casey's. If Casey was getting only a yearly physical while living under the A roof, it would have been a strange coincidence for that to not have overlapped with her rapid weight gain.
Even if Cindy believed it was weight gain. :eek: Wouldn't you question the metabolic disorder or pathology that might be occurring to cause rapid weight gain to only one body region in someone you loved?????
I live in fear my teenaged son will get someone pregnant. We've talked about responsible sexual behavior and respecting your own and partners body since he was 13. If intercourse can produce a child, it can also produce an STD. What kind of RN is Cindy to have an excuse to not have a dialogue with or a clue about her own daughter???
I could understand a parent omitting that education out of shame or fear. Most people don't talk nonchalantly about genitals by name and sexual health with ease, but RN's are trained to. Cindy has no excuse. She's lucky it wasn't ovarian cancer. I mean really, what Mother would let that go??? You touch your childs abdomen and it's tight as a drum...totally normal:mad:

Cindy, indeed, has no excuse.

Narcissism describes the trait of excessive self-love based on self-image or ego, as well as lack of empathy for others. Narcissism describes the trait of excessive self-love based on self-image or ego, as well as lack of empathy for others.

Pathological or malignant narcissism is a pattern of traits and behaviors which signify infatuation and obsession with one's self to the exclusion of all others and the egotistic and ruthless pursuit of one's gratification, dominance and ambition.

The Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) has been recognized as a separate mental health disorder in the third edition of the Diagnostic and Statistics Manual (DSM) in 1980. Its diagnostic criteria and their interpretation have undergone a major revision in the DSM III-R (1987) and were substantially revamped in the DSM IV in 1994. The European ICD-10 basically contains identical language:

"An all-pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration or adulation and lack of empathy, usually beginning by early adulthood and present in various contexts. Five (or more) of the following criteria must be met:

(1) Feels grandiose and self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents to the point of lying, demands to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)

(2) Is obsessed with fantasies of unlimited success, fame, fearsome power or omnipotence, unequalled brilliance (the cerebral narcissist), bodily beauty or sexual performance (the somatic narcissist), or ideal, everlasting, all-conquering love or passion

(3) Firmly convinced that he or she is unique and, being special, can only be understood by, should only be treated by, or associate with, other special or unique, or high-status people (or institutions)
(4) Requires excessive admiration, adulation, attention and affirmation - or, failing that, wishes to be feared and to be notorious (narcissistic supply).

(5) Feels entitled. Expects unreasonable or special and favorable priority treatment. Demands automatic and full compliance with his or her expectations

(6) Is "interpersonally exploitative", i.e., uses others to achieve his or her own ends

(7) Devoid of empathy. Is unable or unwilling to identify with or acknowledge the feelings and needs of others

(8) Constantly envious of others or believes that they feel the same about him or her

(9) Arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes coupled with rage when frustrated, contradicted, or confronted

That isn't the point. She would be doing it, so that she can 'explain' to the jury. In hopes the jury will feel sorry for KC and NOT give her the DP.

that is how AL works.

Totally agreed that she doesn't meet insanity criteria. I was actually thinking more on how Andrea L was going to portray KC, not necessarily how KC really is. Interesting article on her philosophy in defending clients:

http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news_columnists_ezorn/2005/11/behind_the_musi.html

"Lyon has said that she doesn't believe in "pure evil," that for every violent crime there is a reason, "a dark and complex key out of the defendant's childhood."

But, we've all known women who cut the bio-father out because he wasn't ready for fatherhood. Or, for some other reason.

The child often turn out well, if the family is loving.

On the other hand.....we're talking about the Asl aren't we. ;-)

(bolded by me)....exactly my point....

What I can't understand is how this "family" acted, what did they say to each other on the drive to the wedding ? Imagine, you are in the car with a daughter who is seven months pregnant, yet the plan (whether spoken or not) is to attend this wedding (where there are quite a few close family members) and walk around with this pregnant daughter, while denying her pregnancy exists. Now, me being an outsider I would have been asking things like, she is seven months pregnant, noone is going to believe she's not pregnant, why not tell the truth ? Their car ride to the wedding, probably contained no exchanges like that, because in some form or another they had done this before. Cindy, George, Casey and yes even Lee, were well versed in the rules of this weird game they played. That is what I would like to know more about...how many times during Casey's and Lee's life were they told to lie on command...cover up, even keeping things from people they share a house with. There's more to this than what we know, maybe the trial will bring out more.

Boldened by me: I so totally agree with you. I've said it from the beginning. The Anthony's act like a family who has been AWARE & hiding a BIG secret, most often being Incest. Like it or not...it is very possible. Part of what makes these types of abuse victims so damaged is being forced to lead a double life. Reality vs. Appearances. In drastic cases it even has the ability to form BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder- much like Scitzophrenea only the "personalities" all know about on another and the victim never has black-outs or loses time) and scitzo-affective disorders. I come from just this type of upbringing. The reality of being sexually abused by a parent first, then a sibling after is almost unbearable and hard to make peace with. Then to have to live a lie daily for YEARS....we'll it will make you crazy. Like it or not. That is what we are all talking about her folks. Cindy & George's behaviours and denials are what has made KC a monster. My personal verdict is that she is insane. The reason I believe so...it would take a mother being insane to do to Caylee what has been done to her. Maybe KC truely WAS raised not to know right from wrong. If her role models acted in these ways, how can we expect any different from her? JMHO

The more I read and look back into this family, the more I see direct connections between Casey and her upbringing, mostly Cindy. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but Cindy's behavior at the wedding (telling her family that an obviously pregnant Casey, wasn't pregnant) is very similar to Casey's behavior when she lied to LE about what was so clearly just that, a lie. She didn't flinch, she didn't come out with the truth when called on her blatant lies, reminds me of Cindy when Rick tried to tell her that Casey really did look pregnant. I can't blame Cindy for Caylee's death, that's Casey's doing. I do have trouble not blaming Cindy for the way she parented Casey, and all she has done since Caylee's death to cover up the truth.

I still would like to know what KC meant in the first jail visit with the parents, when she said to Cindy, "Don't worry I haven't said anything?:confused:

I still believe she was talking about the family dynamic of sexual abuse and who Caylee's bio-dad really is/was. Either that or outright physical abuse victim. What else could she have been telling them? What else would she have been talking about? Any guesses? What info would GA & CA want hidden...even if it meant never seeing Caylee alive again? This is what it comes down to. GA & CA sold out Caylee for KC's silence. Still doing it, as far as I can tell. Besides, if they get KC off...she can have a few more "Caylee's" for them. In the pedophile arena there is something called a "Grow your own policy". It means that if you breed to form your own victim, you will get half the sentence, if you get caught, as a stranger abuse victim. My father was one of these people. He breed with our Mother under false pretenses in order to make 2 children. He later stole us from her and spend a decade abusing us both; physically, sexually, & emotionally (one male, one female) As a matter of fact, I've have multiple medical professionals tell me the abuse we suffered "should" have made us both serial killers. Also how lucky we were to have survived the abuse for so long. When I asked what they meant they replied "Because, 1: Parents do kill thier children through abuse every day. 2. Children as young as 4 have been known to commit suicide." That blew my mind up! Then I remembered being 5 and watching a train appraoching and thinking that all I would have to do is just step out in front of it. I even had rational thought to realize that it would be only seconds before impact. I literally had to talk myself out of it on at least 1 occasion. I remember having my front teeth knocked out of my head against a kitchen counter top prior to age 4. The reason I know I was younger than 4...children naturally lose them by 4.....mine were out much sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth