NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, the third link didn't work for me.

sorry Nads, Ill have to check it out tomorrow as Im half a sleep trying to type in the dark as hubby is trying to sleep.

My thoughts are that I have read so much about OW, what about Adam the brother cant find the darn question mark, Im trying to type quietly.

Who won the cricket at Brookfield today, sorry yesterday now? Great effort with the fundraiser in excess of $20,000. Great community, great spirit.

The SES & Firies beat the Brookfield team. They raised a lot of the money from the Auction, they had so many items donated, including some framed, autographed memorabilia, some of which went for over $1000, expensive corporate box sporting tickets, a resort getaway, and heaps more. Plus proceeds from food sales went towards the total as well, and there was also a huge raffle at $5 a ticket.

The SES & Firies beat the Brookfield team. They raised a lot of the money from the Auction, they had so many items donated, including some framed, autographed memorabilia, some of which went for over $1000, expensive corporate box sporting tickets, a resort getaway, and heaps more. Plus proceeds from food sales went towards the total as well, and there was also a huge raffle at $5 a ticket.

I wanted to win the sunflowers painting. It was beautiful.

On the 'Gerard Bayden-Clay' video on the following link:

http://ten.com.au/ten-news-brisbane.htm

Did anyone notice when they showed GBC's google searches, that as well as searching 'taking the fifth' and 'self-incrimination', he also searched 'PSYCHIATRISTS IN THE BRISBANE WEST AREA' ??? any ideas why??

I haven't been able to sleep thinking about ABC. How painful it must have been to realise her husband was a cheater, and a liar and that their marriage was doomed with women like TM still hanging around (offering sly dirty sex and demanding a future with no care for Allison and the girls). And to also discover her husband had financially ruined the future for the girls, and then, finally, to be hunted down and killed like an animal on an african safari hunt.

And i'm still wondering about that caterpillar... don't boy scouts and descendants of great hunters learn how to deal with vicious creatures? Who is the person that is the caterpillar incident witness?

I hope he thinks every day about Allison taking her last breath and the sobs of his poor daughters.

<snipped>

Did anyone notice when they showed GBC's google searches, that as well as searching 'taking the fifth' and 'self-incrimination', he also searched 'PSYCHIATRISTS IN THE BRISBANE WEST AREA' ??? any ideas why??

I did! It could go to Psychiatric defense or alternatively perhaps it was in an attempt to source restricted medication? Purely speculation of course.

I have lots more half-baked theories which I'll put out there later! Some have probably already been covered.

Thank you for the warm welcomes and also for the answers to my Facebook-guestion. I didn't know about the glitch, we didn't have that on this side of the world. That would clarify things.

In the previous thread there was some discussion about the children being at home the night of the murder and about how much they know. It's so sad, but I think that they might know a lot. If the situation between the parents is very difficult (loud arguments, maybe domestic violence, a very unhappy parent), a child (usually the oldest one) can take the habit of monitoring things and trying to protect the weaker parent. Stay awake and listen to the arguments, ready to interrupt the situation if it gets too bad, or to comfort the younger siblings, if they wake up. I hope this is not the case here, but i think that there deffinately is a change for that. It breaks my heart to think that the children might have heard exactly what happened. I just hope that they were all so exhausted that they slept through the night.

Wonderful to see the Brissie/Brookie community pull together to show solidarity in support of Allison, her girls and the Dickie family.
No wonder GBC had to have his own business - had to have his own 'empire' so his minions could do the hard yacca to cover his now very glaring deficits. Little wonder his employment history was so chequered. C'mon, an IT manager who appears to know less than two-fifths of bugger all in basic computer/internet tech?
Though I give it to him for the ability to sucker people in. 'Gentleman agreements' with no paperwork? How dopey are the lenders not ensuring there was anything to secure their interest?
As for his lady paramour, she would look ok to him as she would at least have some equity in her ppty that he could tap into down the track if he hasn't already. I have had to deal with a character similar to this during my previous career, though he did not take a life. I was able to negotiate return of realty, antiques, artwork and jewellery by establishing rapport (it was icky) and listening to him proudly telling me stories of his conquests. Easier and less costly than further legal action.
I nicknamed him Bluebeard and there appears to be strong similarities except for the terrible loss of Allison's life.
Anyway just some random thoughts.

Firstly, I must apologise for my last, and up until now, only post. Yes I am a relative local, but the rumours we have heard circulating were rumours only and I did not realise it contravened the rules to post gossip, however well intentioned....

Anyway, as I lay in bed last night, my thoughts again turned to the whole ABC case.

I started to wonder why I, and so many other people have been so fascinated by this case.

I am consumed by feelings of intense pity and love for those poor little girls - I am sure that many of you reading this will agree - I would dearly love to scoop them up and try to help somehow - however pathetic that sounds, I think the mother in all of us wants to help, to protect, and to reach out - and it's because Allison could have been ANY of us - the facade outwardly of a perfectly normal, and functioning family unit was that only - a facade - and the realisation that there were deep, deep cracks throughout the entire relationship is so confronting...

It is because of this - because of the intense feelings of anger, of indignation - WHY did it have to come to this - why chose a path that would have so many far reaching repercussions and involve so much pain on so many levels - that I, for one, am still trying to get my head around it all.

I hope and pray that justice is served and that the children are given the tools to find their way through it all...

Wonderful to see the Brissie/Brookie community pull together to show solidarity in support of Allison, her girls and the Dickie family.
No wonder GBC had to have his own business - had to have his own 'empire' so his minions could do the hard yacca to cover his now very glaring deficits. Little wonder his employment history was so chequered. C'mon, an IT manager who appears to know less than two-fifths of bugger all in basic computer/internet tech?
Though I give it to him for the ability to sucker people in. 'Gentleman agreements' with no paperwork? How dopey are the lenders not ensuring there was anything to secure their interest?
As for his lady paramour, she would look ok to him as she would at least have some equity in her ppty that he could tap into down the track if he hasn't already. I have had to deal with a character similar to this during my previous career, though he did not take a life. I was able to negotiate return of realty, antiques, artwork and jewellery by establishing rapport (it was icky) and listening to him proudly telling me stories of his conquests. Easier and less costly than further legal action.
I nicknamed him Bluebeard and there appears to be strong similarities except for the terrible loss of Allison's life.
Anyway just some random thoughts.

I think you've nailed this character's character (or lack of character) completely, woombite. Good post. I like it when I come across astute people on here. Means less of us will get sucked in by the parasites in future!

I did! It could go to Psychiatric defense or alternatively perhaps it was in an attempt to source restricted medication? Purely speculation of course.

I have lots more half-baked theories which I'll put out there later! Some have probably already been covered.

Very early at the time of the car crash, he was in hospital for two days - and I understood it was an eeo (emergency examination order) by police or QAS attending who may have formed the view that he was a risk to himself and/or others and required an assessment inder the Mental Health Act 2000.

I thought it interesting at the time but understandable given Allison had just gone missing, the intense media speculation and his ongoing care of their children. I also considered it a good move also to establish his state of mind close to the point of time that Allison had gone missing with a view to obtaining a formal assessment that could strike in or out a psych defence. The fact he was released and able to continue the care of the children indicated to me there was an absence of an organic mh condition that meant he was a risk to himself or others.

I for one are guessing he would have very little chance of using the mh defence.

I commented on an earlier thread that the forensic mh system is no soft option as persons have no definate 'head sentence' and are subject to intensive followup in hosp and if released to community for often a longer period of time than their jail sentence/parole period.

Way back there was a post by a local? saying they were driving home late at night past the BC's house and happened to look up their driveway and saw 2 people putting something into the back of a car...Did this turn out to be completely a rumour/gossip ?...

Way back there was a post by a local? saying they were driving home late at night past the BC's house and happened to look up their driveway and saw 2 people putting something into the back of a car...Did this turn out to be completely a rumour/gossip ?...

I don't remember that one Elspeth, I remember a local saying all 4 doors of the Prado were open though and I am not sure a time was given.

Very early at the time of the car crash, he was in hospital for two days - and I understood it was an eeo (emergency examination order) by police or QAS attending who may have formed the view that he was a risk to himself and/or others and required an assessment inder the Mental Health Act 2000.

I thought it interesting at the time but understandable given Allison had just gone missing, the intense media speculation and his ongoing care of their children. I also considered it a good move also to establish his state of mind close to the point of time that Allison had gone missing with a view to obtaining a formal assessment that could strike in or out a psych defence. The fact he was released and able to continue the care of the children indicated to me there was an absence of an organic mh condition that meant he was a risk to himself or others.

I for one are guessing he would have very little chance of using the mh defence.

I commented on an earlier thread that the forensic mh system is no soft option as persons have no definate 'head sentence' and are subject to intensive followup in hosp and if released to community for often a longer period of time than their jail sentence/parole period.

Apparently, when he crashed that car all he kept saying was 'I'm sorry' just something i heard about

I don't remember that one Elspeth, I remember a local saying all 4 doors of the Prado were open though and I am not sure a time was given.

Mani I cannot completely recall the post but all 4 doors open seems to ring a bell as well, but did think it was very late when they supposedly drove past and looked up BC's driveway in passing as they were well known to them...

Firstly, I must apologise for my last, and up until now, only post. Yes I am a relative local, but the rumours we have heard circulating were rumours only and I did not realise it contravened the rules to post gossip, however well intentioned....

Anyway, as I lay in bed last night, my thoughts again turned to the whole ABC case.

I started to wonder why I, and so many other people have been so fascinated by this case.

I am consumed by feelings of intense pity and love for those poor little girls - I am sure that many of you reading this will agree - I would dearly love to scoop them up and try to help somehow - however pathetic that sounds, I think the mother in all of us wants to help, to protect, and to reach out - and it's because Allison could have been ANY of us - the facade outwardly of a perfectly normal, and functioning family unit was that only - a facade - and the realisation that there were deep, deep cracks throughout the entire relationship is so confronting...

It is because of this - because of the intense feelings of anger, of indignation - WHY did it have to come to this - why chose a path that would have so many far reaching repercussions and involve so much pain on so many levels - that I, for one, am still trying to get my head around it all.

I hope and pray that justice is served and that the children are given the tools to find their way through it all...

Hi Oakington - I would have liked to parle with you after your first post as you could have shed some light on what you posted. It would appear you are a local and what you wrote was fairly 'out there'. We have had a lot of posts here from locals that got us all thinking and analysing and we have spent a lot of time doing this. So it would have been great to ask you some questions about that original post.

Are you now saying that it was just local rumour/gossip with no bearing in fact? :)

Cheers

Apparently, when he crashed that car all he kept saying was 'I'm sorry' just something i heard about

Reminds me of his only media interview where he repeats 'I'm sorry,' a couple of times.

Almost as if, in saying it, the person he's talking to will let him go, unchallenged. Wouldn't surprise me if it was a tactic he'd learnt through life in order to avoid confrontation or being challenged.

So, he automatically resorts to the 'I'm sorry' in this more dire situation.

Only thing is, it hasn't worked for him this time.

MOO

Mani I cannot completely recall the post but all 4 doors open seems to ring a bell as well, but did think it was very late when they supposedly drove past and looked up BC's driveway in passing as they were well known to them...

Right, well if that's your memory, someone here should remember that one - possibly Marly or Caseclosed (who have remarkable memories)! :)

Right, well if that's your memory, someone here should remember that one - possibly Marly or Caseclosed (who have remarkable memories)! :)

I remember it too, but it was never verified.. what about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member