Jason Young to get new trial #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the type of diaper is not specified, so it seems that it could be a pull-up type diaper that 2 year olds often wear as part of the toilet training process and adjustment to underwear.

No, it was a regular diaper because CY wouldn't let Shelly change her. It isn't important though. Either way, she can remove it herself. Did you see my earlier comments that she had wet her diaper after being put to bed?

A diaper is a diaper. I believe they would have specified pull-up if it was a pull-up. Does it matter? We know she was found with no diaper.

It doesn't matter. It does look like there's a diaper on the floor of the child's bedroom.

That reminds me, there was supposed to be papers from her job she was working on in bed, but they don't show up in any of the photos.

None of the photos show that area where the body was. I believe the papers were near the dresser area or the nightstand next to her side of the bed. How awful.

good question. I checked the autopsy report and didn't see that the eyes were examined.

Do you recall whether Michelle's computer activity on the night of the murder was ever released? I've always been curious about that, as it is something that can be used to pinpoint the time of death.

Do you recall whether Michelle's computer activity on the night of the murder was ever released? I've always been curious about that, as it is something that can be used to pinpoint the time of death.

For some reason I am remembering a comment about her sending an email that night, but not 100% sure. I will see if I can find it real quick.

I would have to look it up to be positive, but somewhere close to 11:45 PM,

For some reason I am remembering a comment about her sending an email that night, but not 100% sure. I will see if I can find it real quick.

I remember something about Michelle doing something with the laptop on the night of the murder ... but that idea was from prior to the first trial. If she was working, there should be time stamps recording when she last used the computer. If she was murdered closer to midnight (time of death is between midnight and 4:30 or 6AM), then it might be demonstrated by an abrupt end to her work.

Was there an explanation why this ME could not nail down a time of death? Seems like they are way more specific in other cases.

I would have to look it up to be positive, but somewhere close to 11:45 PM,

Thanks. So the last computer use for email (or all computer use?) was prior to the estimated time of death between midnight and 6AM. The time of death was adjusted to between midnight - 4:30AM. I wonder why the time of death wasn't adjusted to between 10:30PM and 4:30AM.

I just watched Silent Witness about this case. Lots of BS here:

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/dateline/46912041

FiFi has a starring role :facepalm:

2:43 in part 1 of the video, shows the lower part of her leg and her foot. You can see the posterior livor that I mentioned a few days ago.

Here is some info about livor mortis:

http://books.google.com/books?id=Xy...AA#v=onepage&q=posterior livor mortis&f=false

It says that it is not fixed until 8-12 hours after death, so if she was found face down and had posterior livor, it seems like that would mean she had recently been flipped over.

2:43 in part 1 of the video, shows the lower part of her leg and her foot. You can see the posterior livor that I mentioned a few days ago.

Here is some info about livor mortis:

http://books.google.com/books?id=Xy...AA#v=onepage&q=posterior livor mortis&f=false

It says that it is not fixed until 8-12 hours after death, so if she was found face down and had posterior livor, it seems like that would mean she had recently been flipped over.

That's very interesting. Could she have been caught in the sheets, and her position changed when the child crawled into bed ... possibly shortly before Meredith arrived?

Thanks everyone clearing up the Polaroid snaps in last thread. :)

That's very interesting. Could she have been caught in the sheets, and her position changed when the child crawled into bed ... possibly shortly before Meredith arrived?

I think a medical expert needs to address it specifically.

I can think of a scenario but I can't talk about it here.

It would have been irresponsible of them not to test it. I didn't get the impression at trial that they were suggesting that someone cleaned themselves there since no blood was found. I believed they were just showing that they did test it.

There were two bloody adult shoe prints in the master bedroom but not outside of it. They went back later and actually seized boards from the deck. I think their theory was that the shoes were tossed out of the upstairs window onto the deck below and they hosed off and tossed everything into a trash bag from the kitchen.

And their theory could still be right. The only reason the killer would have avoided using the bathrooms to wash off blood from their hands is if some of it was their own blood.

They really owe it to Michelle and her children to re-run the unknown prints and DNA through national databases.

JMO

Does anyone know if MY was found with her contacts on? That would be important to know if she'd gone to bed or was still awake when she was attacked.

I bet he didn't check.

There was a case featured not long ago where the body was actually exhumed to check to see if the victim was wearing contacts. I can't remember the case or the program but it ended up being a critical piece of evidence. I've always thought Michelle was a victim of a home invasion while she was still awake. I think the killer entered the house while she walked Shelly to her car.

JMO

I bet he didn't check.

There was a case featured not long ago where the body was actually exhumed to check to see if the victim was wearing contacts. I can't remember the case or the program but it ended up being a critical piece of evidence. I've always thought Michelle was a victim of a home invasion while she was still awake. I think the killer entered the house while she walked Shelly to her car.

JMO

That happened in the Raven Abaroa case to see if Janet was wearing her contact lenses.

I bet he didn't check.

JMO

Who makes the decision about exhumation?

Was there an explanation why this ME could not nail down a time of death? Seems like they are way more specific in other cases.

Not really much of an explanation at all. Remember the state only had 1 hour to work with if they wanted the killer to be JY. 3-4 am. Anything earlier or later would have excluded him. That is a very small window.

Thanks. So the last computer use for email (or all computer use?) was prior to the estimated time of death between midnight and 6AM. The time of death was adjusted to between midnight - 4:30AM. I wonder why the time of death wasn't adjusted to between 10:30PM and 4:30AM.

It's always been pretty much midnight to 6am, but like I just posted, for the timeline to work in this case, they had 1 hour...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member