FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed in your presentation on height/stride you used, you didn't take into account the perp may have changed stride due to curbing or other obstructions. I also notice what appears is that you went from the ball of the foot to heel. Is that normal to indicate stride or were you just measuring distance at that point? Did you use the other photos at the gate when doing this calculation?

No offense, but I am still going with the taller version of the person. I will have to find the calculations done by the WSers who actually went out to the site to do their own testing. The testing/report done that Drivenon mentioned sound quite accurate and professionally done, too.

When I watched the lady on before nancy grace a week and a bit ago i think thats where i seen it but they were talking about how an inmate had said he has details about the case and the police say they allready knew this inmate and know what he is saying and its been looked at or they know he is just talkin crap i cant remember the precise thing the cops said but what i made more about from the breif update was about how thwy were letting the condo workers stay in the empty ones because alot of them were not citizens and they could get away with cheaper labour right maybe taking off money for them staying in the empty condo;s too and i know her bf said jenn was weirded out by that in fact the unit beside her and behind her were being used by the workers .My Oppinion it that thats who is invilved one or some of them after seeing her for a while and knowing just how pretty she was they were there for i dont know how long but if u seen her leave for work at 9 or whatever time it was 5 times a week for a months straight it wouldnt be to hard to figure out she has a job and leaves at that time every day so they could plan something nit what i really wanna say is why arent the police all over the owners *advertiser censored* for letting these guys work there im sure they could scare him with some petty jail time for hiring illegal workers which they would know they saif they interviewed alot of them. Maybe the owner wouldnt know anything but rattling him up couldnt hurt..and he would know the main contractors thar do have are american and they hire those guys cause they know they will work cheap and then go lean on the head of the company he would know his workers..like i said these are just some thoughts i had wouldnt hurt to try to shake some awnsers loose ..

The only way I could see an illegal worker involved in this is on returning the car to HOTG. I don't see them involved in the initial crime.

I noticed in your presentation on height/stride you used, you didn't take into account the perp may have changed stride due to curbing or other obstructions. I also notice what appears is that you went from the ball of the foot to heel. Is that normal to indicate stride or were you just measuring distance at that point? Did you use the other photos at the gate when doing this calculation?

No offense, but I am still going with the taller version of the person. I will have to find the calculations done by the WSers who actually went out to the site to do their own testing. The testing/report done that Drivenon mentioned sound quite accurate and professionally done, too.

No offense taken - actually, there does not appear to be any obstacles in the path of the POI and yes, I did use both photos of the POI. Also, it would appear that the POI is about 8 feet from the gate which would also support the estimate that the POI is rather short. As for professionally done - or not - I am a former Imagery Intelligence Analyst - FWITW.

For me the biggest red flag is 'workers were allowed to live in the empty condos.' So when someone suggests this crime could have been committed by someone living at Mosaic there is a fair chance they are right.

On the recent 48 Hours show a detective stated 'anywhere from six to two dozen people were in Jennifer's condo over the course of the first 24 hours.'
The show host: 'and that contaminates a crime scene.'
Detective: 'no question.'

In a perfect world that condo would have been sealed off as soon as police arrived there. It wasn't and it was at this point the wheels on this investigation started to wobble.

The detective working on this case today has no doubt put his heart and soul into the investigation. But what on earth do you do when you have so little to work on.
That the suspect had two days start before the investigation got into top gear is an absolute tragedy for Jennifer's family and friends.

I just watched the 48 hours show on Jennifer's website. I agree about the condo not being sealed, that is unfortunate. I also wish that the condos in Jennifer's complex, especially the ones where the workers were living, would have been inspected. The video mentioned that all the condos could not be searched because some were privately owned. I wonder if any of them were searched, and why a search warrant was not obtained to see if there was anything suspicious in any of the nearby condos?

Cloudajo
I am aware the crime problem related to illegal imigrants but, at least in California, local police agencies let it be know among the illegal immigrant community, that they do not enforce immigration law and they will not refer otherwise law abiding folks over to INS. This is done, of course so that people will cooperate with them on normal law enforcement issues. It is quite "normal" for illegal immigrants to report crimes, give witness statements and testify at trials. (most crimes commited by illegal immigrants are against other illegal immigrants). Perhaps someone knows what the police policy was in Orlando. This could have effected the outcome of the investigation.
[snip]

Ok, I see what you're saying. But for whatever reason, LE said it is/was extremely difficult to trace some of the workers, and I think that was as of last year since it was said on 48 Hours.

I also noticed that Detective Wright said the workers were "large groups of crews that had traveled together." I know construction crews sometimes travel from site to site for projects (working and living together). I wonder where they were originally from - maybe the Miami area where the Developer is based out of.

Detectives discovered there was extensive remodeling going on at the complex, including some work in Jennifer’s own unit, and Jennifer had complained to her family that some of the workers were making her feel uncomfortable. Asked what she said, Joyce says, "They would stop and stare. …Leering stares is what she would say." "Were these guys mostly day workers?" Van Sant asks. "It was large groups of crews that had traveled together. And many of them were staying right there in several of the units in the complex itself," Wright says. In fact, of the 447 units in Jennifer’s complex, only 250 were occupied at the time, and workers were allowed to live in the empty units. But Sgt. Brennan says tracing these people is "extremely difficult." (ref 48 Hours)
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/30/48hours/main4219397_page5.shtml

When I watched the lady on before nancy grace a week and a bit ago i think thats where i seen it but they were talking about how an inmate had said he has details about the case and the police say they allready knew this inmate and know what he is saying and its been looked at or they know he is just talkin crap i cant remember the precise thing the cops said but what i made more about from the breif update was about how thwy were letting the condo workers stay in the empty ones because alot of them were not citizens and they could get away with cheaper labour right maybe taking off money for them staying in the empty condo;s too and i know her bf said jenn was weirded out by that in fact the unit beside her and behind her were being used by the workers .My Oppinion it that thats who is invilved one or some of them after seeing her for a while and knowing just how pretty she was they were there for i dont know how long but if u seen her leave for work at 9 or whatever time it was 5 times a week for a months straight it wouldnt be to hard to figure out she has a job and leaves at that time every day so they could plan something nit what i really wanna say is why arent the police all over the owners *advertiser censored* for letting these guys work there im sure they could scare him with some petty jail time for hiring illegal workers which they would know they saif they interviewed alot of them. Maybe the owner wouldnt know anything but rattling him up couldnt hurt..and he would know the main contractors thar do have are american and they hire those guys cause they know they will work cheap and then go lean on the head of the company he would know his workers..like i said these are just some thoughts i had wouldnt hurt to try to shake some awnsers loose ..

I agree. And the Developer has done many projects throughout Florida, maybe with the same work crews. It was in the press in Dec 08 that this same Developer has recently joined forces with a Mexican-led investment group to build a $130 million, 15-story tower in Coral Gables/Miami.

I just watched the 48 hours show on Jennifer's website. I agree about the condo not being sealed, that is unfortunate. I also wish that the condos in Jennifer's complex, especially the ones where the workers were living, would have been inspected. The video mentioned that all the condos could not be searched because some were privately owned. I wonder if any of them were searched, and why a search warrant was not obtained to see if there was anything suspicious in any of the nearby condos?

Good question. I wonder what kind of forensics they did on the units where the workers were living - did they get fingerprints, DNA, other items, etc. from those units and when exactly was that done.

I agree. And the Developer has done many projects throughout Florida, maybe with the same work crews. It was in the press in Dec 08 that this same Developer has recently joined forces with a Mexican-led investment group to build a $130 million, 15-story tower in Coral Gables/Miami.

Yes I also think that the developer should be questioned, records examined, because it seems wrong that the workers cannot be tracked down. This is definitely a security issue, and with the workers being allowed access to the condos for work to be done makes it quite worrisome. The perp is also out on the loose, free to strike again. I am praying that the Kesse family will get some new information this year. It upsets me horribly that we don't know where Jennifer is or what has happened to her; I just can't imagine what her family members must be going through.

Did you use the other photos at the gate when doing this calculation?

Are the surveillance images taken by camera 3 at HOTG of the POI wlaking by the gate the ONLY surveillance photos taken of the POI? They are the only ones I've seen so far. If these are the only ones taken - what makes LE think this is a POI - Did anyone see this person drive Jennifers car into HOTG or get out of her car there? There has got to be something else here to make this an important clue in the case. If there is nothing else to indicate this is THE POI - we could all be chasing our tails!:waitasec:

There is a grainy video which shows the POI parking the car and getting out then walking around to where the gate photos were taken. There are, IIRC, 3 or 4 photos from the gate camera. (There were definitely more than just two photos of the gate.)

In my opinion, there was a point where he was walking which would give a better indication of his height and possibly a facial view in the video.

If they have other video or photos of him driving in...they have not released those to my knowledge.

No offense taken - actually, there does not appear to be any obstacles in the path of the POI and yes, I did use both photos of the POI. Also, it would appear that the POI is about 8 feet from the gate which would also support the estimate that the POI is rather short. As for professionally done - or not - I am a former Imagery Intelligence Analyst - FWITW.
I wish you could go to the site to view the exact placement of the camera and do this! Let me try to find the photos here of the work people did a couple of years ago who went to the scene. One was a professional photographer and one was some type of engineer, IIRC.

Good question. I wonder what kind of forensics they did on the units where the workers were living - did they get fingerprints, DNA, other items, etc. from those units and when exactly was that done.
IMO, they did not check any of the other units for anything. If they did, it was a visual inspection only. The beginning of this case was plagued with too little field work and no forensics.

They didn't even do forensics on Jenn's camera where they found 2 plus years later contained a photo of her tattoo. I am not even certain they checked her laptop computer.

Are the surveillance images taken by camera 3 at HOTG of the POI wlaking by the gate the ONLY surveillance photos taken of the POI? They are the only ones I've seen so far. If these are the only ones taken - what makes LE think this is a POI - Did anyone see this person drive Jennifers car into HOTG or get out of her car there? There has got to be something else here to make this an important clue in the case. If there is nothing else to indicate this is THE POI - we could all be chasing our tails!:waitasec:

Here is some additional info - the person initially identified as a POI was later confirmed to be a suspect as video shows him driving Jennifer's car, parking, getting out, and walking past the gate.

Thurs, Jan 26, 2006
An Orange County sheriff's bloodhound (named Bo) followed a scent from the car parked at HOTG back about 1 mile to Jennifer's condo building. (Note: Since they can "scent the dogs" with last known scent I believe the dog followed the scent of the suspect.)

Sat, Feb 4, 2006 (12 days had elapsed)
Orlando police released two photos of a person walking past a gate at HOTG at the corner of Texas Avenue and Americana Boulevard at Noon on the same day Jennifer went missing (Jan 24th). They say this is a “person of interest” only (in one interview LE says the POI may have seen the person driving Jenn’s car). (Note: Although LE had the video showing this person driving Jenn’s car, they made a decision at the time not to release that information to the public, thinking they had a better chance of someone coming forward if only stated as a POI.)

May 17, 2007 (over 15 months had elapsed)
LE announces publicly that person previously identified as a “POI” is actually a “Suspect” and confirms full video showed him driving Jennifer’s car.

Video of Suspect: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_local_orlandocrime/2007/05/the_new_video_i.html

Recent questions which have been bugging me about Jennifer's disappearance:

1. Surely LE showed the photo of the POI to the person in charge of the workers at Mosaic?? I can't believe that if the POI was a worker, they wouldn't have recognised him or at least been able to put forward the names of a few people who fit the general discription and that LE should speak to. Makes me seriously doubt the worker theory.

2. No one came forward with any information even with the huge value of the reward money on offer. During the search for Laci, LE said this is one of the reasons they knew she hadn't been abducted by a stranger - because as we all know there is no loyalty amongst criminals - yet no one came forward with any relevant info. Same thing with Jennifer. Say the unsub was a worker - at the very least, 1 one worker is going to notice that worker X (our sunsub) was missing for 4 hours on the day a woman went missing from the building they are working on. The place was swarming with LE by the afternoon, there is no way this could have gone un-noticed. The reward money is a lot of money to anyone and I imagine would be a huge amount of money for any of the workers at the mosaic - someone would have come forward!!

If I were rich I would pay for the best private investigator I could find to start from scratch on this case. Are there any PI's on this board willing to look at Jennifer's case pro-bono? I am sure you would get a lot of publicity from it...? We would all do what we could to help...

We should probably avoid Dominic Casey for hire on this case. LOL

You make valid points tho. One thing that would stand out if it were a worker is he would have been gone until lunchtime when her car was returned. Someone would have noticed this or it would have been noted on his work record for that particular day.

1. Surely LE showed the photo of the POI to the person in charge of the workers at Mosaic?? I can't believe that if the POI was a worker, they wouldn't have recognised him or at least been able to put forward the names of a few people who fit the general discription and that LE should speak to. Makes me seriously doubt the worker theory.

By the time LE had a photo of the POI to show anyone it is possible the workers who could be of any use were long gone.

I wonder if much 'touch up' painting was done in Jennifer's condo.
And since this was a 'private' condo was Jennifer present when this work was being done?

On the other hand the suspect could have simply emerged from the woods behind her condo.
Anything is possible in this case.

SS, somewhere in all the early video links I remember the interview with the neighbor lady who was walking her dog that morning. She made a statement to the press that she did not see Jennifer that morning and her car was gone.

Wherever that car was that morning it was not in Jennifer's parking spot according to this lady.

Was it hidden in one of the many garages at the complex and driven over to HOTG by a worker on his lunch break or was it taken off the property early that morning?

LE collected the film from businesses up and around the area and we don't know if they discovered her car on that film being driven by the suspect. They have never said.

As for the suspect's height. I believe the measurement of 5'3-5'5 is correct.

I have personally observed foot traffic in that area on my many visits to that neighborhood and that measurement is typical of what I saw.

~

Originally posted by Drumstick:

news links

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some links of information. I'll try to include more when I have time.

LINK for Fingerprint, DNA

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=9D54DED83FE949ED91D1EBB468230FB2 ?contentId=3245601&version=5&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

LINK for POI height – 5’4”

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3213935&page=1

Link for CSI team measuring at HOTG

http://www.local6.com/news/6810971/detail.html

America’s Most Wanted (recent) Link
http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/case.cfm?id=37544

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN (recent)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,273616,00.html

When the POI was considered a possible witness (now suspect)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12732090/

News video link (recent)

http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer/MediaPlayer.aspx?video=kessetimeline

http://www.wftv.com/news/13338923/detail.html

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/0206/1501_kesse_missing.html

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-bk-kesse05172007,0,86285.story

~TIP LINE 1-407-772-2162

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member