Theories on what happened to Lindsey B.

Maybe the scenario is simple:

Let's say the perp blends in with the small town environment - no drama and very unobtrusive. He doesn't bring much attention to himself.

When Lindsey happened upon this person while walking home, his presence made sense to her - he had a legitimate reason for being where he was. He was not out of place.

However he lured Lindsey, she wasn't alarmed and gave him the respect he commanded.

Maybe he eminated a sense of trust and familiarity - qualities she had become used to from her dad. Qualities she missed.

It was a Friday night and Lindsey was unhappy about being alone - he was the predator and she was the prey.

Simple summary: Little 10yo Lindsey saw a man she knew who had a good reason to be where he was. Since he eminated trust, commanded respect, and presented as a person who had a purpose/need, she entered his world.

I know - it's simple. This could be a scenario as well as a complicated one. mho

Let's say the perp blends in with the small town environment - no drama and very unobtrusive. He doesn't bring much attention to himself.

When Lindsey happened upon this person while walking home, his presence made sense to her - he had a legitimate reason for being where he was. He was not out of place.

However he lured Lindsey, she wasn't alarmed and gave him the respect he commanded.

Maybe he eminated a sense of trust and familiarity - qualities she had become used to from her dad. Qualities she missed.

It was a Friday night and Lindsey was unhappy about being alone - he was the predator and she was the prey.

Simple summary: Little 10yo Lindsey saw a man she knew who had a good reason to be where he was. Since he eminated trust, commanded respect, and presented as a person who had a purpose/need, she entered his world.

I know - it's simple. This could be a scenario as well as a complicated one. mho

Ah Yes, Eyes, The ' . . . silent soul who kind of lurks in the shadows of life in McCleary, going about his life as usual".

The father of a friend maybe?

--snipped--
1. We know that Lindsey reached out to other adults due to the punishments handed out by the mom.

2. We know that LB's brother was to some degree more than mean to his sister.

4. Children like LB who live in a family environment of turmoil that can at times be unsafe is starved for affection and kindness.

5. We really don't know the family dynamics. Not to say a family member did it but that violence was within the home. Was there favoritism?

Novice Seeker
--snipped--

I know that this is the "theory" thread but I think you may want to point out that the list you have put together is made up of "rumors and hearsay by one or two non family friends and that they are not facts" as they resemble when laid out in this fashion. I agree that the only things that we can really go on are things that come from LE but the above I've yet to see mentioned or hinted to by anyone of authority.

I like to see peoples minds at work like this but I know reading your list had me going back and checking media threads and releases to see if something had been missed. IMO :)

My mind rotates? What does that mean?

Novice Seeker

per your quote: "my mind is barely rotating"

I found your choice of wording interesting. I am seriously wondering if you are the type of person who can think spacially, three-dimensionally, see an object from all angles, from different perspectives etc.

I myself don't have that ability and I find it intriguing.

There are so many different possibilities but you are right it could be something as simple seeming as this... Now if we can find out who would have been able to command that trust and respect from her...

There are so many different possibilities but you are right it could be something as simple seeming as this... Now if we can find out who would have been able to command that trust and respect from her...

Maybe that's why that person has not been suspected, because just about everyone in the community does have trust in and respect for for this person.

Who all was working at the Beehive that night? And which residents were out walking their dogs?

Salem

I've been trying to decide if I should post this here or not. It is not a theory of what happened to Lindsey, but rather a curiosity as to what may have happened during a small portion of that night. Whether this has any bearing on Lindsey's disappearance is unknown.

I do not believe there is an official timeline or statement that tells exactly when JB was sent home during the walk to MK's house. If JB was sent home just before reaching MK's house, I am curious how far behind LB would have been as she too made her way back home. When LB left MK's house could she see her brother walking ahead of her? Would this have caused her to take a different route home or to stop somewhere along the way in order to avoid a confrontation with her brother?

Ah Yes, Eyes, The ' . . . silent soul who kind of lurks in the shadows of life in McCleary, going about his life as usual".

The father of a friend maybe?

I hadn't thought of it like that Scandi, but you could be right on. I keep thinking of the qualities she admired and missed in her dad. I read that Lindsey referred to herself as an 'Army brat'...sounds like her dad teased and spoiled her (playful), and at the same time, taught her a sense of responsibility...remember her dog Kadance? Maybe the bloggers here who are in the military could help me out. When Lindsey refers to herself as a 'military brat', what does she mean? TIA

I hadn't thought of it like that Scandi, but you could be right on. I keep thinking of the qualities she admired and missed in her dad. I read that Lindsey referred to herself as an 'Army brat'...sounds like her dad teased and spoiled her (playful), and at the same time, taught her a sense of responsibility...remember her dog Kadance? Maybe the bloggers here who are in the military could help me out. When Lindsey refers to herself as a 'military brat', what does she mean? TIA

Army brat means to be the child of someone in the military.

Is there a way for me to attach a picture that is on my computer, not from a web page? I took one of the fly by pictures and highlighted some things I want to talk about.

On the photo below:
Red = this is part of the expected route Lindsey would take home from MK's
Yellow = Could she have stopped by LN's home on her way to see if she could stay the night?
Orange = Is this the bus stop? I checked schedules and the last bus of the night is 8:35pm. Did they have an extended summer schedule?
Blue = Anyone know the name of this church?

Also behind Lindsey's house on google maps there is a blue circle - but it is not here in this photo. When were the satellite pics taken? Is it a pool or trampoline?

Attachments

• McCleary.jpg
    McCleary.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 68
When I was studying the arial picture of McCleary in detail, I started wondering if maybe as Lindsey was approaching 3rd - she might have done any of the following:

1) Went to LN's house
2) Went to the church next to the bus stop
3) sat down on a bench at the bus stop
4) got picked up by someone who was pulling out of the gas station and saw her and maybe went in and out of the bus area drive thru

Was it ever confirmed where she went swimming that day?

I don't recall the LEs/media ever mentioning where she went swimming that day.

Also, I think you need to remove the names you have in your posts and replace them with initials. I don't think we are supposed to be using full names are we?

The other thought playing in my head is this:

What if she was abused at home - and wanted to get away from it - and had a plan - and wrote what she did on her ms page about feeling something bad was gonna happen just to make it seem that way after the fact. If she did want to get away, I am sure she would need help from someone. Did someone promise to get her away and then take advantage of her? Again, who would she trust to help her?

I just don't know. We need some answers. This is so difficult and I hate that it seems like we are getting nowhere.

What about visitors from the beehive that evening?
If she had spent time there visiting with her friend and perhaps the residents could it be possible she was familiar with someone who visits regularly?
Just a thought:waitasec:

What about visitors from the beehive that evening?
If she had spent time there visiting with her friend and perhaps the residents could it be possible she was familiar with someone who visits regularly?
Just a thought:waitasec:

Hi, I was just talking to Haddie about Lindsey having her swimming suit on when she was taken, as per the Affidavit they were looking for her pink 2 piece suit.

I had this major mouse fa*t in my brain and sat up straight, as things started to click ~ like a Gestalt moment!

* Due to the friends Lindsey had she was growing up faster than the average child age 10 1/2. We discussed that early on. Running thru the friends on her MS page and tracking all those people down it does tell a story.

* Could it be the reason Lindsey and MK decided to see if Lindsey could spend the night at MK's so they could sneak out later and go back swimming at Libby's house again - a late night swim would be very exciting for a girl her age? I think they probably thought of this walking from the video store to Lindsey's, and they weren't really lying, as if this is when the change of plans came, they were walking to one of their houses.

* After the 'NO' from Scott, Lindsey knew she had 1/2 hour left before curfew. She might have turned right on 6th to take a shortcut to Libby's house anyway to see if she could go swimming again. Her plan was to walk a block and a half down 6th and cut thru the area where Fir Street would be if it had ever been put in. That put her right in front of Jim Mullins home on her way over to Main St where Libby lived.

* I always thought it very suspicious that Jim told the reporter on TV the kids loved to play in that field adjacent to his house {as the cameraman panned over the field} and play in the creek on his property.

From the convo I had with the man at the Bldg Dept he told me there were 3 places in town where the creek was exposed and not culverted, the bridge, the treatment center and before it goes under Hwy 8 {as best as I can remember}. Why would Jim say this if it weren't true ??? Big RED flag!

It really is very simple if it were played out in a reactivation & just takes longer to explain it ;}

What 'cha think?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011