GUILTY Australia - Kiesha Weippeart, 6, Mount Druitt, NSW, 18 July 2010 - #2

Isn't her bio dad on welfare too? Does anyone know if child support payments are garnished from welfare payments? I have no idea if they are or not.

Respectfully snipped-
Yes they are. My sis is on a centrelink pension and her child support payments are deducted first so she can't spend the money on other stuff.

oh ok I thought they were living in housing commission.......changes everything then if they are not on welfare or living in housing commission, as I had wondered how they were getting away with being on welfare and received $4000 without being in some sought of trouble.......

Also to alot of people $4000 is quite a lot of money, ALJ65 you are very lucky indeed to be able to spend $4000 on a handbag but to many of us that would be a waste of money that is NEEDED just to pay mortgages and bills...

oh ok I thought they were living in housing commission.......changes everything then if they are not on welfare or living in housing commission, as I had wondered how they were getting away with being on welfare and received $4000 without being in some sought of trouble.......

Also to alot of people $4000 is quite a lot of money, ALJ65 you are very lucky indeed to be able to spend $4000 on a handbag but to many of us that would be a waste of money that is NEEDED just to pay mortgages and bills...

There's still some confusion about the unit they lived in, because even if it wasn't a housing commision unit block, there can be private rentals through dept of housing, along with rent assistance....so it's still classified as housing commision. (or 'houso' for the folks from 'Mounty County' LOL)

Sorry for the major OT, but is anyone else that uses bigpond having problems with speed and accessing emails today?

They are driving me craaaaaazy!

Houso and Mounty County, ha, I love it. I've never heard that before...and I live in the area.

I know a few people who live in housing commission places and they refer to it as 'houso'...or for my sister it's usually "bloody houso' LOL.

The 'Mounty county' thing I first heard of on the ABC 'Beating the odds' videos. That main guy Garry 'hooksie' Black- at one point he says how proud he is to live in 'Mounty County'. So much so that he has it printed on the back of his jacket.
not meaning to be disrespectful, but the guy made my blood boil. To lighten things up, I impersonated him for a good hour with friends and family, and we were all in stitches. C'mon....the guy whinged about houso not giving him a garage, so he used to ride his motorbike straight through the front door, into the living room, laughing about how hard that is after having a few drinks!
Yeah...real funny mate!:furious:

Here's the link to the vids again. Well worth watching.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/events/beating-the-odds/

Try looking up "Mounty County" on you tube... heaps of vids. You'll then find links from there to the postcode, which are mostly videos of youths fighting and taping it on their phones, being fully gangsta. ....Trying to remake the bloods and crips in sydneys west LOL.
I shouldn't laugh, since while some of it is just young boys wanting to look bad-as* , some of it is kinda scary.

^ Ha, they don't look bad arse, they look stupid...and teenagers from all over the world do the same thing, unfortunately. I've often wondered why people choose to keep themselves culturally dumbed down and continue the negative stereotypes.
A person on welfare who rides his motorbike into the living room of a house that he doesn't own because the taxpayer won't build a garage for him, doesn't deserve a house...and I dare say he doesn't deserve any taxpayer funds at all. It's not his inalienable right to have a garage for nothing. Heck, he's lucky he's got food in his belly and a roof over his head. Some peoples attitude is their guarantee of staying in poverty - they don't work, they smoke, they drink, they don't get an education, they never own anything or do anything. I bet a lot of them have never travelled and never experienced the world and all it has to offer. Personally, I have little time for people who won't better themselves or be the best they can be because of things like laziness, or what have you. Welfare isn't a 'Get Out Of Work Forever' card. I'm not anti welfare, but I'm annoyed by those people who abuse the system and can't be bothered getting off their backsides to do something. And what annoys me even more is when these very people blame their failure to achieve on the Government, political policy, racism and their socio-economic background. They go around blaming the police for incarcerations or teachers for teaching their kids poor speaking habits. The truth is, too many parents have no interest or involvement in their child's education or welfare, yet they'll happily spend money on cigarettes or Nike shoes and not on things like learning tools. It's sad when people openly embrace the wrong set of values, especially when they have opportunities to make changes. (Honestly, it's not like they live in Soweto or Kandahar or anything.) In the end, they get out of life exactly what they put into it.

^ Oops, that ended up being a long rant. It was a stream of consciousness about butwhatif? mentioned in her post (#266). I know, I've got to stop doing that. :p

$4,000 dollars is alot of money to me, heck thats how much I need to keep my house from being foreclosed on, and with unemployment like it is right now $4000 might as well be $10,000,000. I have heard that you can put a hit on someone for as little as $500. So I beleive that is what the point is, $4,000 can do alot and to many people it is a lot of money and not easy to come by.

If they got under $4,000 for selling Kiesha, then I think they sold her very cheaply.
Yes, you're right, revampz and butterfly1978, that is a lot of money to some people. My comment about the amount of the payment wasn't meant to be flippant or rude, though now I see that's how it probably seems. I'm also sorry to read you're house may be (or will be) foreclosed on, butterfly1978. I hope things improve for you.
I'm still curious about those payments. I've not read any more about them. I wonder if it has any connection to the case then? Reports went very quiet about it.

Im also very curious about the money. IMO it has to be a payment for something. Possibly drugs??? Still think that would be a priority for LE to get figured out!
Id say the comment on a childless couple sounds more like a grasping at straws to get the focus on someone else. Id think it would be more likely for someone to say I believe my child was kidnapped without the "childless couple " thrown in for good measure.

I do have a question for locals. What exactly is Woolies? TIA

This is going to sound awful, but I just find it hard to believe anyone selling a child for only $4K. Then again, there was the case of a man trying to sell is infant daughter for $25.00 in a Walmart parking lot...so maybe I'm naive.

I am wondering if this was some sort of down payment for Keisha, and one of the following options occured:

a. Kristi and Rob were given the rest in cash

b. The perps were going to put MORE in the account, but when LE caught wind of the deposits, Kristi told them to STOP putting money in for now.

Then again, who knows...

Kristi's sunglasses, hoodie, hands, and middle finger *rolls eyes* shielding her face from the media make her look dishonest and like she is trying to hide something, and just make her look like an unfriendly person. Any other parent of an abducted/missing child would face the public positively and get their message out there. If we cannot connect with the family, we have a difficult time connecting to the child victim. When you behave well, more people will want to help you and therefore help Keisha.

Im also very curious about the money. IMO it has to be a payment for something. Possibly drugs??? Still think that would be a priority for LE to get figured out! Id say the comment on a childless couple sounds more like a grasping at straws to get the focus on someone else. Id think it would be more likely for someone to say I believe my child was kidnapped without the "childless couple " thrown in for good measure.

I do have a question for locals. What exactly is Woolies? TIA

I agree, what is the holdup? Do LE need to obtain a search warrant before they can seize their bank records; and if so, I thought they would have already taken care of that shortly after the media reported this information. At times it is difficult to figure out what LE is up to.

If the money was deposited in Kristi and Robert's joint bank account in exchange for Kiesha, Kristi would be pretty stupid to announce Kiesha is in the loving arms of a childless couple. That would clearly be an example of giving away too much information.

I am not a local, but I heard Robert was previously employed at the retail store Woolworths.

JM :twocents:

I am not a local, but I heard Robert was previously employed at the retail store Woolworths.

Yeah, I got the impression from the news that he was currently employed by Woolworths. Then a comment to an article (in post #256) mentioned he was on welfare, along with Kristi (I figured she was anyway), so I have no idea if he's working or on benefits. I remember thinking, ah, she's living with him and he's working, she'll get busted for welfare fraud, but I've not read anything about that. BTW, is a woman allowed to claim welfare when she's living with a man who is gainfully employed? (Or maybe he isn't afterall.) Their joint bank account has been mentioned a few times, so perhaps everything's above board as far as wages and/or welfare payments are concerned. It's the "almost $4,000" that I'm most curious about. It's not helped by the fact that nothing has been reported about what those payments were.

Yeah, I got the impression from the news that he was currently employed by Woolworths. Then a comment to an article (in post #256) mentioned he was on welfare, along with Kristi (I figured she was anyway), so I have no idea if he's working or on benefits. I remember thinking, ah, she's living with him and he's working, she'll get busted for welfare fraud, but I've not read anything about that. BTW, is a woman allowed to claim welfare when she's living with a man who is gainfully employed? (Or maybe he isn't afterall.) Their joint bank account has been mentioned a few times, so perhaps everything's above board as far as wages and/or welfare payments are concerned. It's the "almost $4,000" that I'm most curious about. It's not helped by the fact that nothing has been reported about what those payments were.

Police have disappointed us by not keeping us abreast of new developments in this case and it is frustrating to say the least that they haven't followed-up and readdressed the issue about the $4000 was deposited in intervals into Kristi and Robert's joint bank account preceding Kiesha's disappearance. If LE needed a search warrant, they've had plenty of time to get one; so they should have found their answers by now. :furious:

Because Kristi and Robert are living common-law, if Kristi applied for social assistance she has to declare Robert’s income. Robert has been referred to as Kiesha’s stepfather even though Chris Weippart is still paying Kiesha's child support. Maybe Robert is Kiesha’s stepfather due to his common-law relationship with Kristi because there was no mention in any of the media reports that they were married. Anyhow, we never got the current status of Kristi and Robert's relationship figured out. :waitasec:

If Kristi and Robert qualified for social assistance, they are legally required to report any changes in their financial status. As far as we know, Kristi and Robert have a joint bank account and they would have received their son’s baby bonus by now. :dance:

Apparently Kristi is doing another interview, since today is 1st October and marks 2 months since Kiesha was reported missing.

What's wrong with this picture? She's in hiding for weeks and weeks and then suddenly starts a media blitz? :waitasec:
Wonder if Rob will be included in this one?

^ Oops, that ended up being a long rant. It was a stream of consciousness about butwhatif? mentioned in her post (#266). I know, I've got to stop doing that. :p

No don't stop. So much of the media involvement has focused on the 'bad area' Kiesha grew up in. 'Hooksie' is the perfect 'mounty county' sterotype, but it's important for people to see and know that this is not how everybody lives their lives in the western suburbs of Sydney.

And I couldn't agree more with every word you posted.

JMO

ETA: About the welfare payments....even if Rob was employed they would still be eligible for family tax benefits. Or he could have only worked a certain number of hours that allowed him to still recieve payments from centrelink.

Police have disappointed us by not keeping us abreast of new developments in this case and it is frustrating to say the least that they haven't followed-up and readdressed the issue about the $4000 was deposited in intervals into Kristi and Robert's joint bank account preceding Kiesha's disappearance. If LE needed a search warrant, they've had plenty of time to get one; so they should have found their answers by now. :furious:

Because Kristi and Robert are living common-law, if Kristi applied for social assistance she has to declare Robert’s income. Robert has been referred to as Kiesha’s stepfather even though Chris Weippart is still paying Kiesha's child support. Maybe Robert is Kiesha’s stepfather due to his common-law relationship with Kristi because there was no mention in any of the media reports that they were married. Anyhow, we never got the current status of Kristi and Robert's relationship figured out. :waitasec:

If Kristi and Robert qualified for social assistance, they are legally required to report any changes in their financial status. As far as we know, Kristi and Robert have a joint bank account and they would have received their son’s baby bonus by now. :dance:

BBM- I'm sure the police didn't just accept whatever answer K&R gave about the money deposits, and have either already figured it out or are still in the process.
It just means they are not sharing all the info or evidence they do have because they want to do this the right way and keep the integrity of the case to ensure a conviction.
It's frustrating not having the answers, but better that we're left in the dark, than a child killer walking free on a technicality....or the perps screaming they can't get a fair trial because the police were openly treating them as suspects, swaying public opinion.

JMO

^ Ha, they don't look bad arse, they look stupid...and teenagers from all over the world do the same thing, unfortunately. I've often wondered why people choose to keep themselves culturally dumbed down and continue the negative stereotypes.
A person on welfare who rides his motorbike into the living room of a house that he doesn't own because the taxpayer won't build a garage for him, doesn't deserve a house...and I dare say he doesn't deserve any taxpayer funds at all. It's not his inalienable right to have a garage for nothing. Heck, he's lucky he's got food in his belly and a roof over his head. Some peoples attitude is their guarantee of staying in poverty - they don't work, they smoke, they drink, they don't get an education, they never own anything or do anything. I bet a lot of them have never travelled and never experienced the world and all it has to offer. Personally, I have little time for people who won't better themselves or be the best they can be because of things like laziness, or what have you. Welfare isn't a 'Get Out Of Work Forever' card. I'm not anti welfare, but I'm annoyed by those people who abuse the system and can't be bothered getting off their backsides to do something. And what annoys me even more is when these very people blame their failure to achieve on the Government, political policy, racism and their socio-economic background. They go around blaming the police for incarcerations or teachers for teaching their kids poor speaking habits. The truth is, too many parents have no interest or involvement in their child's education or welfare, yet they'll happily spend money on cigarettes or Nike shoes and not on things like learning tools. It's sad when people openly embrace the wrong set of values, especially when they have opportunities to make changes. (Honestly, it's not like they live in Soweto or Kandahar or anything.) In the end, they get out of life exactly what they put into it.

ALJ65 dont be sorry for this rant as I think that is how a lot of people think......I am not against unemployed people who are having trouble finding work or people being disabled and receiving benefits nor the old age pension, for goodness sakes the majority of these people have worked their butts off for years and paid taxes.....but yes there are way too many people ripping off the welfare system, in fact there are now generations of welfare recipients in families.....its just a way of life......and beleive me up here in North Queensland there are stacks of them, leading quite good existences some of them.....

there needs to be a major crackdown, we in australia make it too easy.......If you want to hear of good policies, look up how Norway or Denmark handle things...those scandinavian countries have got it right.....

and please I do also acknowledge there are a hell of a lot of people who need that welfare and I have no qualms them receiving it.....but I also think in this day and age there are so many people working without any welfare who are really struggling as well trying to keep up with rising costs........

how many people know of a single mum who has 4 kids to 4 different dads and living with the new man and receiving quite a tidy sum on welfare or people getting cash in hand and on the dole or exaggerated disabilities for the pension or compo and working cash in the hand......I personally have come across quite a lot........

to alot of people $4000 is very much needed these days and that is why I said it would be a luxury to have that extra $4000, but I do agree $4000 is such a small amount to sell a child.....

I think it is probably drug money....

Still if he is not working they need to supply where they got the $4000 from and their centrelink payments adjusted accordingly AND they should be fined for not declaring it....

If he is working at woolies it is likely they are on low income benefits and receiving the family tax benefit A & B........this is calculated on an estimate that you give the Family assistance every year BUT this should have been told to them as it would adjust their weekly assistance and they should be fined for not telling them!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back