The Victims of the Colorado Shooting

An 18-year-old man who was shot in the head, leg, arm and chest told friends he felt as if he’d been “punched in the head” and his “arm … blown off” after he was hit by gunfire in an Aurora, Colo., movie theater Friday morning.
Louis Duran, 18, was released from the hospital and is recovering at home, said his high school friend Jahlil Hall.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...-victim-felt-like-he-was-punched-in-the-head/

Movie massacre: Shock, sadness, a search for clues
By THOMAS PEIPERT and P. SOLOMON BANDA, AP
1 hour ago

AURORA, Colo. — Investigators looking for clues to the motive behind a deadly shooting rampage inside a movie theater sought once again Saturday to enter the suspect's elaborately booby trapped apartment, warning it may mean removing trip wires that could detonate the explosives, as the Denver suburb grieved for the dozens of victims.

The FBI and Homeland Security Department said there was no information indicating more shooting sprees were planned at movie theaters around the country, according to an intelligence bulletin obtained by The Associated Press.

Twelve people were killed and 58 were injured in the attack early Friday at the packed Aurora theater outside Denver. A few of those suffered injuries not by gunfire but in the chaos that ensued as the audience tried to flee the smoke-filled theater in a panicked dash for the doors, authorities said. Among the wounded, 11 were listed in critical condition...

...Besides Medek, relatives confirmed that Alex Sullivan and Jessica Ghawi were among those killed, Sullivan on his 27th birthday...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20120720/US.Colorado.Shooting/?cid=hero_media

173612_548194752_2075935801_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/matt.mcquinn32685

His family lives in Springfield OH and he was at the movies with his girlfriend Samantha Yowler and her brother. Samantha was injured and the hospital refused to give her news about her boyfriend because she was not a relative (HIPPA). So there were many agonizing hours of uncertainty. Samantha underwent surgery.

McQuinn, a Vandalia-Butler graduate whose Springfield family agonized for hours Friday without knowing if he had survived or where he was.

Matt and Samantha moved from Ohio out to Colorado together to work at a Target there. They met at the Springfield OH Target store where they both worked.

Samantha Yowler and Matt McQuinn are popular in their new home in Colorado as well. Her Facebook page was full of wall posts wishing the best for the couple from people in Ohio and Colorado.
“They’re really fun people, we always go out together,” said Melissa Downen, a Colorado co-worker and friend to the couple. She said they’ve worked at Target for about six months. Downen added that everyone working there is consumed with worry over the couple.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/local/3-locals-in-theater-when-gunman-opens-fire/nPzQ4/

I look at all these lovely people - a happy, funny 27 year old newlywed celebrating his birthday (Alex Sullivan), a young Navy man serving his first post (John Thomas Larimer), another young soldier, and Army reservist (Jesse Childress), a little six year old girl who cannot yet be named because her injured and paralyzed mother does not yet know she is dead, a talented and aspiring young journalist (Jessica Ghawi) a young man who saved his girlfriend and died in the process (Matt McQuinn) - any one of their lives was so much more important, so much more beautiful than the coward who killed them.

I am astounded by what was taken that night. It is incomprehensible.

This is 23 year old Micayla Medek:
micayla-4.jpg

She worked at Subway. She was in community college working on her education. Her aunt says she hopes this tragedy won't shake people's faith in God.

One person leaving a comment about Micayla stated: "Please wake me up when this nightmare is over. I truly will miss you. RIP Micayla Medek. My heart and payers go out to you#coloradoshooting" http://twitchy.com/2012/07/21/6th-aurora-shooting-victim-idd-micayla-medek/

Names of victims emerge in Colo. theater rampage
By GILLIAN FLACCUS, AP
50 minutes ago

AURORA, Colo. — Ashley Moser drifted in and out of consciousness in the ICU, bullets lodged in her throat and abdomen. In her waking moments, she called for her 6-year-old daughter Veronica.

Nobody had the heart to tell her that Veronica was already dead, the youngest victim killed at a Colorado movie theater in one of the worst mass shootings in U.S. history.

"Nobody can tell her about it," Annie Dalton said of her cousin, Ashley Moser. "She is in critical condition, but all she's asking about is her daughter."

Veronica was to start learning swimming lessons on Tuesday, Dalton said.

"She was excited about life as she should be. She's a 6-year-old girl," her great-aunt said

The young girl was among the 12 people killed when a gunman barged into a crowded Colorado theater, set off gas canisters and opened fire as spectators dove for cover. Dozens of others were injured, including the 25-year-old Ashley Moser and 10 others in critical condition as of Friday night...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles.../US.Colorado.Shooting.Victims/?cid=hero_media

this one has me sobbing

Ex-serviceman, Jon Blunk, recognised immediately the gravity of the situation when 24-year-old Holmes burst into the Century 16 showing of 'The Dark Knight Rises' armed to the teeth with firearms and pushed his girlfriend Jansen Young to the floor.

Telling her to keep quiet and that 'there is someone with a gun and he is shooting people', Blunk then whispered to his girlfriend, 'We have to get down and stay down.'

'I guess I didn’t really know he had passed, up until I started shaking him and saying, 'Jon, Jon we have to go … it's time for us to get out of here,' she Young, her voice breaking into tears.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-lives-snatched-away-Dark-Knight-killer.html

I look at all these lovely people - a happy, funny 27 year old newlywed celebrating his birthday (Alex Sullivan), a young Navy man serving his first post (John Thomas Larimer), another young soldier, and Army reservist (Jesse Childress), a little six year old girl who cannot yet be named because her injured and paralyzed mother does not yet know she is dead, a talented and aspiring young journalist (Jessica Ghawi) a young man who saved his girlfriend and died in the process (Matt McQuinn) - any one of their lives was so much more important, so much more beautiful than the coward who killed them.

I am astounded by what was taken that night. It is incomprehensible.

We have the name of the baby who was killed: Six (6) year old Veronica Moser. Her 25 year old mother remains in critical condition, shot in the abdomen and the throat: http://stream.wsj.com/story/colorado-shooting/SS-2-34741/SS-2-35369/

I don't have a photo of this angel baby yet.

No doubt the Mother seen her baby laying on the floor as she was being taken out by EMT, and that is the last she knows of her. This is so sad. Made me cry today when I heard how when she comes in and out and all she says is her daughters name.

Official List of the deceased
Twelve people who died in the Colorado movie shooting have been identified by the Arapahoe County coroner.
-Jessica Ghawi, 24, of Denver; aspiring sports journalist
-Veronica Moser, 6, whose mother was critically injured
-Matt McQuinn, 27, of Denver; technical support provider
-Alex Sullivan, 27, of Aurora; worked at Red Robin restaurant
- Micayla Medek, 23, of Westminster, Colo.
-John Larimer, 27, of Buckley Air Force Base, Navy cryptologist
-Jesse Childress, 29, of Thornton, Colo., Air Force cyber-systems operator
-Gordon W. Cowden, 51
-Jonathan T. Blunk, 26
-Rebecca Ann Wingo, 32
-Alexander C. Teves, 24, earned master's degree in counseling psychology in June from University of Denver
-Alexander J. Boik, 18

Here's our beautiful little Veronica Moser.. Her daddy's words are almost more than I can bear. He said that she was what he loved most in this entire world and that he will never love another.. That she was the last girl he'd ever love..
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342925876.789534.jpg

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

Here's our beautiful little Veronica Moser.. Her daddy's words are almost more than I can bear. He said that she was what he loved most in this entire world and that he will never love another.. That she was the last girl he'd ever love..
View attachment 24791

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

This little girl's mother has not been told of her death. In her waking moments she asks about her, and no one has the heart to tell her. She was shot in the neck, and is reported to be paralyzed. Also, I read somewhere she had just been accepted to medical school.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back