Casey's Baby Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: showing baby pics of defendant

It's usually in the defense's bag-o-tricks in the penalty phase of the trial.

Pfft. :rolleyes:

I refuse to have sympathy for anyone who feels they have the right to take away someone else's life. Especially an innocent baby's.

Now THAT's an ugly kid!!!

I had been wanting to see pictures of Casey as a child...not sure why. To see if she looked like Caylee (she doesn't much). I think I wanted to see if I could read the future in those pictures. Maybe get an answer or something.

I can't. Casey was a cute kid. I don't see any evil, and I still wonder when it slipped in.

Unfortunately, I think when i was a child, I resembled Scott P more than Casey :-( I'm a girl...who took really really bad school photos!

In my dreams my children are are still kids, not the grown people they have become.

George nailed it when he said if he lost Caylee, he's really lost Casey too.

No matter how much I hate seeing G & C trying to pretend their daughter isn't the evil person she became, I get why they are protecting her from the DP. Georges interview convinces me that George and Cindy both thought right away that Casey had done something that deserved the DP.

Cindy said, "We've lost Caylee." She knew.

I don't think G & C are fighting so hard because they are in denial and DON'T think Casey deserves the death penalty. I think they believe they think Casey DID do something and does.

But, Caylee is gone. I think the A's see Casey as damaged. No matter how much they hate Casey for what she did to Caylee (and I believe they do) they don't want the child they raised to die.

IMO

ITA. CA's remark to KC when she first heard Caylee was truly missing: "What have you done?"

My thoughts exactly. I doubt these will help the defense at all.

No, they will not help the defense. The one picture of KC in the playpen, when she was a baby, looks eerily like Caylee.

Caylee was a beautiful little tot..........kc always had that stupid cat smile, IMO

What a cheap shot & sickening attempt by the defense team. I doubt very much that those photos will tug at anyone's heart strings. Caylee has won the hearts of everyone, so this tactic is a waste, huge waste.

Caylee was such a beautiful, photogenic baby. Big, round gorgeous eyes and what a smile. In my opinion, Casey even looked mean in her baby pictures. Not that all babies aren't cute, because I do believe that they are. But, Caylee was soooo much more of a beautiful baby that her Not-Mom was, I think.

Valley

Perhaps it is the infamous "bad" photo of KC or her "twin" posing with a particular piece of the male anatomy in a VERY *advertiser censored* rated manner. IMO GA wouldn't be that devastated over the pics of guys grabbing *advertiser censored* or her grinding on various men and women like he would be this / these other one(s). I also don't think LE would make a huge deal of the others as many many many young girls have similar photos. It's the "professional" looking ones I think they were preparing him about.

They don't do a dang thing for me. What does what she looked like 15 or 20 years ago have to do her with killing Caylee? At least Casey got to grow up, Caylee only had 2 birthdays in her short life. I couldn't care less what Casey looked like back then.
I completely agree with you 100% Janis.

I can't think about this without breaking down in tears.

All babies are cute and KC was no exception. However, she grew into a homely child and a homely adult. Even with all the makeup plastered all over her face, she was still a homely woman wearing too much makeup.

her pictures ( baby) do nothing 4 me

at least she had a child hood, and caylee's

child hood was cut short which is not fair

Anyone else think she looks like Marcus Brody (from Indiana Jones) in the second picture? Or is it just me. :innocent:

Yes, everyone was once an innocent babe. What happens? Environmental influences at home, school, everywhere (today's violence on tv and computer, not to mention everything is pushing sex: be sexy! show that cleavage! blah blah...) Many people go to work and the kids are left to babysitters or other child care. Some is good and lots are terrible influences.

The parents have to be behind the child, looking out and guiding them. No, not guiding them to be sexy little cheerleaders, pageant queens, etc. Guiding them to have varied exposures to good life models. They need to be taught how to treat others respectfully. They need to be taught tolerance, perseverance and how it gets you to where you want to go in life, not easy/quick gimme gimme satisfaction.

Didn't Casey know, or wasn't she coaxed along to know that you must go on with your education? You give/do nothing, you get nothing. Somewhere, something fell apart.

I can bet Casey probably lied to her parents in high school, but parents will find out through bad grades, skipping school, etc. (Usually!)

So Casey got pregnant as a teen, didn't finish high school, then she was stuck in nowhereville. BUT, if she had been my kid I would have worked with her to show her how to help herself out of a dead end. There are programs to finish school and there are even special day cares for moms in her position. She must have had no desire to do this.

She became reliant on her looks, her ability to manipulate and use men (well, her type didn't really seem like a man, but boys) to get what she wanted. What the heck did she think her future was going to be in two or three years? She wasn't doing anything to make a good future.

Growing up, we knew that we were supposed to go on to college one way or the other, to make our own lives. I wanted to do that. I know everyone doesn't want to, but we had goals.

I'd love to hear from every one of Casey's old teachers, back to Kindergarten, through high school. See what common threads arise, you know? I like to know how a person's life morphed. Then I'd love to know the family dynamics. Will someone please research and write a book for me, ha ha? Maybe we could learn from another criminal mind what NOT to do with our kids.

It is absolutely heartbreaking.

I look at those pictures of the family that seemed to have everything going for them. Smiling photos with (I assume) Grandma and Mom and Dad all together and happy. Brother and sister under the Christmas tree. What could be wrong?

I remember coming home from the hospital with my oldest child and sitting in the rocking chair weeping. My husband thought I was 'round the bend after he asked - I'm sure he regretted it - why I was crying. But all I could think about that day was that Ted Bundy and Jack the Ripper and Susan Smith and all the rest of the murderers were once innocent little babies whose mothers had hopes and dreams for them. They were all once precious and sweet, babbling and cooing for the world to admire. What went wrong? And would I be able to prevent it, or was it out of my hands? Do you see why I wept?

So when I see those pictures of Casey, I wonder how they make Cindy feel. Does she remember some moment when she feels that Casey was irreversibly damaged, or is she bewildered and guilt-ridden wondering how the little girl she loved so much could have taken away the one thing they really cared about - their family.

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't make me feel for Casey. If anything it gives me a smidge more sympathy for Cindy. It just pisses me off that Casey had such a beautiful life and she threw it away. I think these pics will only harm her by reinforcing that there was no abuse or trauma as mitigation during the penalty phase of her trial.

angelmom, I wanted to let you know that you're not alone in feeling like this. When I see pictures like this, it makes me sad to think of what unimaginable heartbreak lies ahead for this family and they have no idea what's to come. Just like seeing wedding pictures in any situation where the spouse has killed the other - they have NO idea in the moment that photo was taken...and even the person who committed the crime probably has no idea that they'll do something like that one day.

It doesn't erase the wrong of what has been done or make me feel that the person should get off easy, but it still makes me sad.

I certainly did not have a sympathetic reaction to Casey's baby pictures. All babies are cute to me. I looked at that face in the pics and just thought, "How could you do this to your own baby, Casey? How could you?"

No sympathy for KC as most children have some sense of being adorable and innocent. One thing that strikes me in these photos is the one's that have CA in them, first time I think I have seen CA smile a genuine happy smile. Yes, I realize since she has been in the public view she hasn't had anything to smile about, but she does have a pretty smile. Makes all this just the more sad for all involved.

Caylee was much cuter. Poor thing. I cant help but think about her with the Holidays coming up and how she should be alive.

No offense to you but I highly dislike that way of thinking. So what if she was cuter? The important thing is justice. There are kids out there who aren't as cute or adorable but still deserve love and attention, as well as justice if they are ever hurt.

No offense to you but I highly dislike that way of thinking. So what if she was cuter? The important thing is justice. There are kids out there who aren't as cute or adorable but still deserve love and attention, as well as justice if they are ever hurt.
good post .. that casey that was a child isnt the casey we see now .. she was a helpless baby in those images so many years ago .. lets try to remember that people :)

however the adult casey is what she is .. and that isnt all the parents fault ..imho that is just an excuse people use to justify an adverse action by a kid or young adult .. blame the parents .some of it yes but not all ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck