For those who refute the prosecution's theory, what are your alternate theories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
JLY has anger and impulse issues. Why did he throw a remote control device at his pregnant wife? (that's in testimony, btw).

He had no idea how thorough LE would be, that they would literally go to the gas stations on his alleged route and follow up to that level. Most spousal killers never think anyone will care about or take the investigation to the level they often do, because in the killer's mind his/her spouse is worthless and not important.

Well surprise! LE often does go the extra mile (pun intended) and they do use resources and they will track down leads and talk to people.

Jason wasn't expecting to have to go inside any gas station; that was definitely not part of his "meticulous" plan. He didn't know this gas station turns off the pumps and a customer can only pay by cash inside at that time of the early morning (5:30am-ish). Guess his meticulous plan wasn't so meticulous afterall. He encountered an unknown situation where he either had to go inside and pay cash OR use his credit card. He had to get gas by that point.

Well he certainly couldn't use his credit card and after 3 attempts to turn on the pump he had no choice. He was pizzed off by that. And he snapped at someone he thought was "no one," threw his $20 bill at her, left without getting his $5 change back (which no one ever does normally). And she remembered him. She remembered how he treated her because in her 5 months of working at the station, that is not how customers treated her except for one time when a drunk woman came storming into the station. (this is all in testimony, btw).

Jason and his temper went off that morning and he got himself noticed. Not only was he noticed, but the gas station attendant knew that this guy was driving a light colored SUV and had pulled to the furthest gas pump from the office. She noticed his vehicle too and was able to relay that factoid to cops without anyone prompting her (again, this is in testimony).

Please, anyone who has pumped gas this millennia knows you have to pay before you pump. I used to gas 'n go constantly until they made it policy to pay before you pump. It sounds more like some drunk guy went in there and she improperly IDed JY after being shown his picture.
Edit: also, view the gas mileage video I linked.

Washing his daughter's clothes still doesn't fit into that timeline.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Please, anyone who has pumped gas this millennia knows you have to pay before you pump. I used to gas 'n go constantly until they made it policy to pay before you pump. It sounds more like some drunk guy went in there and she improperly IDed JY after being shown his picture.
Edit: also, view the gas mileage video I linked.

Washing his daughter's clothes still doesn't fit into that timeline.

BBM

Do you live in NC? In rural area like this there are still "mom and pop" type gas stations. The only reason they were turned off during those hours is because of drive offs and the attendants had to pay for that out of their paychecks. JY was going to pump and go......IMO!

BBM

Do you live in NC? In rural area like this there are still "mom and pop" type gas stations. The only reason they were turned off during those hours is because of drive offs and the attendants had to pay for that out of their paychecks. JY was going to pump and go......IMO!

For someone who travels a lot for business, he would've known not every gas station will have their pumps on. A majority of gas stations were pay before you pump by 2006.
Also, the gas mileage doesn't add up. The timeline doesn't add up. Only one eyewitness who identified him after being shown only his picture, and no others, puts him anywhere outside the hotel. There's no evidence connecting him to the crime, but there is evidence that someone else was there. Unidentified DNA, hair, and shoe prints.

Claiming what JLY should have known about a gas station's policy at 5:30am is really not valid. JLY usually (if not always) paid for gas by credit card because he had no reason to hide his driving activity before. Plus he was traveling on business and would need to track his expenses for reimbursement.

Everything adds up. All of it. He did a lot of clever things, got lucky in some areas, popped his attitude at the wrong time (oops). He got caught, he got nailed. The timeline works, the mileage worked out, his behaviors, the hinky things at the Hampton Inn. He is guilty as guilty gets. Thank goodness he's right where he belongs.

BREAKING NEWS TUESDAY 4/1/14

The North Carolina Court of Appeals has ordered a new murder trial for Jason Young, who was convicted two years ago of beating his pregnant wife to death in their Wake County home.

Follow the latest developments at http://www.wral.com/12706857/?break_id=9278

Oh no! I saw this breaking news in my inbox and assumed someone was playing an April Fools joke on me. This is so unfortunate. If I understand correctly, the decision was made due to allowing evidence about Young's civil conviction for wrongful death and custody to MF by JY's default.

I will never understand why actual FACTS aren't made available to jurors. It's a travesty that Michelle's family will have to go through this hell yet again, including Cassidy who will be affected by this more now that she is older. It's so unfair. I disagree with this decision and I hope this decision is appealed and overturned.

I so totally agree with you about Michelle's family and the little girl. How awful--this will make 3 trials. Judge Stephens is an astute and experienced judge....I can't see how in the world they consider his calls on the various issues in error.
If I didn't dislike JY so much I could deal with it more easily but if there has ever been a sleaze ball scum of a human being it's him.

Oh no! I saw this breaking news in my inbox and assumed someone was playing an April Fools joke on me. This is so unfortunate. If I understand correctly, the decision was made due to allowing evidence about Young's civil conviction for wrongful death and custody to MF by JY's default.

I will never understand why actual FACTS aren't made available to jurors. It's a travesty that Michelle's family will have to go through this hell yet again, including Cassidy who will be affected by this more now that she is older. It's so unfair. I disagree with this decision and I hope this decision is appealed and overturned.

just thinking about the smile on momma pat's face makes me ill :(

and the thought of sitting thru another trial of that dry judge makes me ill too........the sniffing whistler.......omg.....

poor meredith and their momma :(

Claiming what JLY should have known about a gas station's policy at 5:30am is really not valid. JLY usually (if not always) paid for gas by credit card because he had no reason to hide his driving activity before. Plus he was traveling on business and would need to track his expenses for reimbursement.

Everything adds up. All of it. He did a lot of clever things, got lucky in some areas, popped his attitude at the wrong time (oops). He got caught, he got nailed. The timeline works, the mileage worked out, his behaviors, the hinky things at the Hampton Inn. He is guilty as guilty gets. Thank goodness he's right where he belongs.

Who washed the daughter's clothes then? Doing laundry with my high tech 2014 washer and dryer still takes at least an hour.

And the civil trials, which JY did not participate in and presented no new evidence, should not have been used as evidence. That's why his appeal was granted.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

As much as I hate it, it was the right decision. Stupid decision to allow it in the trial in the first place.

BREAKING NEWS TUESDAY 4/1/14

The North Carolina Court of Appeals has ordered a new murder trial for Jason Young, who was convicted two years ago of beating his pregnant wife to death in their Wake County home.

Follow the latest developments at http://www.wral.com/12706857/?break_id=9278

I was about to message you my friend. I am livid. But I am also convinced he will be convicted again. Dirtbag.

Who washed the daughter's clothes then? Doing laundry with my high tech 2014 washer and dryer still takes at least an hour.

And the civil trials, which JY did not participate in and presented no new evidence, should not have been used as evidence. That's why his appeal was granted.

Who said the daughter's clothes were washed? I don't remember any testimony about that. Please provide a source.

An unfortunate judicial error got this wife killer a do-over. NC sure loves wife-murdering sociopaths and welcomes them with open arms; they can easily get their convictions overturned or get a sweetheart plea deal (like Aboroa) if their cases do get a jury decision to convict.

Who said the daughter's clothes were washed? I don't remember any testimony about that. Please provide a source.

An unfortunate judicial error got this wife killer a do-over. NC sure loves wife-murdering sociopaths and welcomes them with open arms; they can easily get their convictions overturned or get a sweetheart plea deal (like Aboroa) if their cases do get a jury decision to convict.

They were visuably clean, except a blood stain on the inside seam where blood soaked through. They were chemically tested and blood was found on the legs and butt. Unless they're making blood invisible these days, I'd say they were washed.

The PJs were washed, but no laundry was done there. So someone took the girl, washed her and her pajamas, then brought her back. That doesn't fit into the timeline.

That has always bothered me. A 2-yo child would have been tugging at her mother to wake up and gotten blood all over herself.

Judges do make mistakes and innocent people are convicted because of it. Nothing unique to NC. Ryan Ferguson was wrongfully convicted in Missouri.

JMO

They were visuably clean, except a blood stain on the inside seam where blood soaked through. They were chemically tested and blood was found on the legs and butt. Unless they're making blood invisible these days, I'd say they were washed.

So no testimony being pointed to that confirms these PJs were washed and this is your opinion because they appeared "visually clean." Thanks for confirming there is no actual evidence and this is an assumption.

As much as I hate it, it was the right decision. Stupid decision to allow it in the trial in the first place.

I've had you on my mind very strongly for the past few days. Maybe it's time for your birthday? Anyhow, glad to see you here and hope you are well!

I was about to message you my friend. I am livid. But I am also convinced he will be convicted again. Dirtbag.

Hi sweetie! I have been thinking of you and hope have been safe from the mudslides.... and hope your friends and your loved ones are ok too. How awful for the families of the people who are still missing.
Jason Young, and his mother, are such horrible people I simply do not know if I can sit through another trial or not. I bet Judge Stephens is not happy with this decision at all. I hope and pray he doesn't retire before this case is heard again because he definitely needs to be the trial judge the third time...and they say the third time's a charm. Sure hope so in this matter.
Take care Coffeegirl and stay in touch!

So no testimony being pointed to that confirms these PJs were washed and this is your opinion because they appeared "visually clean." Thanks for confirming there is no actual evidence and this is an assumption.

iirc, Meredith's testimony was that the pj's were shockingly clean. I think those were her words. Why would she lie about something that the cops could see for themselves?

I have to admit the clean pajamas bothered me too, this was a very strange case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla