UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! I suspected as much. I didn't get the impression that Susan was high maintenance or expensive. Possibly Josh needed to shift the blame to her and make her look bad that way he'd get sympathy whenever he could. She's his wife! If there's one person who should have your back at all times, it should be your spouse.

I agree. I think he did want to shift the blame to her because he was really the one who was overspending. I remember the first Christmas after we moved into the place Josh helped us get as a realtor, he gave us a pretty expensive gift as a thank you for being his client. It was one of those houses you would display on a shelf in your home as part of a whole Christmas scenic village. You know what I mean? Those things aren't cheap. They range in price going way up there to pretty expensive depending on the piece...some people collect those over the years so they can have a whole village to display at Christmas time.

Anyway, my point is that he gave us and every other client he had at the time one of those, and IIRC, he bought all of those things without checking with Susan first. She was not happy that he spent hundreds of dollars on gifts for past clients when they very much needed that money for other things. IMO, a thank you card would have sufficed. I did not think the gesture was necessary. I felt very bad when I found out he had bought one for all his clients and they needed that money so much more.

IMO, Josh liked to look good in the eyes of others and wanted people to think he was all that, regardless of who it affected around him.

Regarding the missing carpet...

I saw the front living room last Saturday...I didn't notice anything out of place because the whole room was filled with packed boxes piled to the ceiling, ready to be loaded on the truck.

Once the boxes were all loaded, I finally got to see the floor. The carpet is completely gone in half the room. The cops took half the carpet, not just one little patch, half! So hopefully they will have more than enough to test and see what the wet spot could be and get evidence.

How did he explain the carpet to people? Did he tell people he dog had an accident or a diaper leaked? (I'm not being snarky) I'm sure people were shocked and scared when they saw that. How sad. Poor, poor Susan.

(sorry for the multiple posts answering the questions...I just figured that would be easier than one long post.)

Some of the reasons Josh and Susan wanted to leave WA are:

1. They wanted a fresh start.
2. They wanted to live by Josh's sister and mother, Jenny and Terri.
3. Susan wanted to get away from Steven. Susan's issues with Steven are very long standing as well as her families issues with him. Susan had issues with her father in law from the minute she married Josh. The Cox family's issues with Steven go back a long way as well and have not just been the last year.

(very telling, IMO)

So, Steven has done something to Susan in the past. Enough to make her need to get far away from him, even as far as leaving her own family???

I guess you can't say what happened?

I am guessing something to do with sexual advances.

So, Steven has done something to Susan in the past. Enough to make her need to get far away from him, even as far as leaving her own family???

Maybe he sang her one of those love song:waitasec:

This is just to correct something from upthread.

That last pic of the family taken at the church breakfast on Dec 5...
that was taken by Mindy Guzman.

How did he explain the carpet to people? Did he tell people he dog had an accident or a diaper leaked? (I'm not being snarky) I'm sure people were shocked and scared when they saw that. How sad. Poor, poor Susan.

(BBM) Well, I don't know how he answered other people when they asked about the carpet, if they did ask. But when I asked "Why is your carpet missing?" His reply was, "It just is." :waitasec:

Maybe Josh didn't have a big piece of plastic to wrap her in. Maybe she is wrapped in the tent and that is why he says they slept in the van. Maybe the tent is gone.

I don't think a tent is involved when Josh goes camping, it's just his expression for going to a camping site in his van, and doing a little cooking, and s'mores and stuff.

One other thing...Josh started coming back to church two or three times a month back in September.

maybe a rape............JMOO

Wonder how much JP paid someone to take the photo lookin all happy at the LDS breakfast together the day before...

Seriously, do we know who captured this last known photo of Susan?

It was taken just the day prior to her disappearance. :(

Guess Joshy was still going along for appearances' sake... :rolleyes:

:parrot:

I don't think Josh asked anybody to take this picture. Someone took it, as people do take pictures at social events, and it turned out to be the last known picture of Susan before her disappearance, so they published it.

Thank you for your post!!! I can't go into detail, but you are getting VERY warm...

Did he write her a love song? One of those really creepy love songs on his Seattle album. I think I just threw up a little.

Thanks, OKand3Js. I am 99% positive Steven Powell is more than an innocent bystander in all this. He may not have done the deed, but he instigated it. More of the "If I can't have you, nobody can!" attitude. We who follow stories such as this could have written the script, but this is an unusual twist, for sure.

I think he did want to shift the blame to her because he was really the one who was overspending.

A new generator costs a pretty penny and when he wanted to stop SP from buying gifts for the boys, IIRC, she would have (I sincerely hope) put up a fuss over the different standard he set for himself. I'd bet LE took it and that's why it was topmost on his mind along with s'mores. ;)

(BBM) Well, I don't know how he answered other people when they asked about the carpet, if they did ask. But when I asked "Why is your carpet missing?" His reply was, "It just is." :waitasec:

I know that some people have been critical of those who showed up to help Joshy move. One criticism was that they were interfering with LE's investigation if their intent was to seek information.

OK&3Js, your personal experience right here is the EXACT reason that I would have "assisted" him. It's a completely different perspective of a reaction/response that LE just would NOT ever hope to gain!

And FYI the above quote from you has also been posted by someone in the comments of the most recent SL Tribune article (you aren't named, just quoted): http://www.tribtowns.com/comments/read_comments.asp?ref=14203941&PageIndex=3

LE knows by now what was cleaned up from the spots on the carpet. There are all sorts of presumptive testing that could be done. If there had ever been a speck of blood in that carpeting, LE knows. A spot may look clean to the naked eye, but show up under luminol and lab testing. We all know this, IMO, so I am stating it because I wonder just what is taking so long on the forensic testing. Could it be that the spots were just wet spots from melting snow on jackets or boots from coming in out of the snow? Were the spots from whatever Susan or Jovanna may have been drinking at dinner and spilled? I am almost 100% certain that LE has to know what it was by now.

I am getting an uneasy feeling about this case. We all know that Josh could be arrested and charged on circumstantial evidence alone even without a body, but is LE wanting to wait until the spring thaw in hopes of recovering a body? Do they feel that the circumstantial evidence they have is not enough? When all of the known information (that we know of) is put together, it would seem to be a good circumstantial case, IMO. I do not want Josh to get off on a technicality and I do want investigators to be thorough, but it does seem that this case is moving at a snails pace. LE needs to do an update.

Putting everything we now know together, I just do not see how Josh could be completely innocent. Like everyone here, I just want Susan to be found. I just feel in my heart and soul that Josh murdered Susan and I want him to pay the ultimate price for having done so. And if Steven, with his over-inflated ego, helped Josh with even advice after the fact, I hope he will be brought down hard also. This is one of the most screwed up cases I have ever seen.

Susan, her boys, and the Cox family are in my thoughts and prayers each and every day.

MOO

I don't think a tent is involved when Josh goes camping, it's just his expression for going to a camping site in his van, and doing a little cooking, and s'mores and stuff.

IMO "camping" is code for any surreptitious, secretive trip into the wilderness including, but not limited to, any of the following activities:

a) avoiding being home or otherwise accounted for protracted periods of time;
b) failing to make other suitable accommodations which could be traceable;
c) escaping detection by making one's specific whereabouts explicitly known
d) eluding arrest by driving in any unknown direction for great distances
e) traveling in which one's only "destination" is a suitable disposal site

I don't think Josh asked anybody to take this picture. Someone took it, as people do take pictures at social events, and it turned out to be the last known picture of Susan before her disappearance, so they published it.

kiki the parrot said:
Wonder how much JP paid someone to take the photo lookin all happy at the LDS breakfast together the day before...

(bump, snip, bbm) My tongue-in-cheek humor seems to have been lost on some...

Fa-ce-tious: not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetious remark.
2. amusing; humorous.
3. lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous: a facetious person.

:parrot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member