Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #5 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing changed him. He had a side that people did not know about. He chose to kill innocent people. There wasn't some external force that made him go from Mr. Nice Guy and into a terrorist.

with all due respect, we do not know the root of his actions yet.

Younger suspects tweet from August:

"Boston Marathon isn't a good place to smoke tho."

I think this means it's a bad place to smoke weed because of all the cops.
Just my opinion though.

So does Boston hold these marathons in August also? Seems like he was plotting it beginning in August if there was no marathon.

All of this seems so very weird. These two young guys weren't stupid, why in the heck did they plan an attack in their own town where everyone knew them?

I could see if it was just one lone nutcase but TWO and they were brothers? And the younger one was supposedly so normal and possibly a pot head? Did his older brother say "Hey, let's set a bomb off at the Marathon this year" and the younger one just agreed that is was a good idea?

This is all just so strange especially because they were supposedly so normal a year ago.

They had to know there were going to be surveillance cameras ands lots of tourists taking videos of their friends running in the marathon. Did they think they were not going to be eventually ID'ed? I don't get that part.

Chris Wiggins ‏@CWNewser 1h
#BREAKING NOW ESTIMATED 25,000 law enforcement on the manhunt in #boston

For a 19 year old on the run. I am shocked. Hope they get him soon.

A lot of people here who have family back home will send funds constantly - and work many under the table jobs that pay cash. I have empathy for the families and knowledge of what living in a large area is like right after a terrorist attack. I'm not going to speak for everyone, but for myself - I know how many people were beaten, raped and targeted after 9/11. No one wants to see that again. Imagine leaving your world behind for this country and then everytime a bomb goes off or something equally terrifying - you have to go into hiding because of your nationality. That's the reality of the media, social media etc.

my poor mom went through misery when the towers were struck and she couldn't reach me by phone. Now she's sitting on needles because my brother lives near the house where the bombs apparently have now been discovered. I can't fly out there, because flights are suspended. In fact I can't fly even close and drive in because Boston is shut down. this makes so many people uneasy. But the fact of the matter remains that one of the brothers has a wife and young child, parents and probably other siblings. The trickle down effect is turning into a snow ball. / ramble

The Boston Globe ‏@BostonGlobe 1m
BREAKING NEWS: With his brother shot by police, Dzhokhor A. Tsarnaev drove over him, two law enforcement officials said.

Just speculating...

Maybe he drove over his brother in an attempt to set off the explosives on the vest that his brother was allegedly wearing?

So does Boston hold these marathons in August also? Seems like he was plotting it beginning in August if there was no marathon.

We don't know what he was responding to, if anything.
Someone could have said "Can't wait for the marathon" and he could have responded with that.
We don't have a clue the context.

that said, this was a kid who was marginalized for multiple reasons

Describe to us how being the captain of a varsity sports team, apparently having loads of friends, and then becoming a seemingly reasonably well-liked college student = "marginalized"

Nothing changed him. He had a side that people did not know about. He chose to kill innocent people. There wasn't some external force that made him go from Mr. Nice Guy and into a terrorist.

While technically correct, we don't know if there are other forces (read: people) involved that influenced him somehow. I agree that his actions show me that he's not some snot nose kid who doesn't know what he got himself into. He knows exactly what he's doing.

STOP complaining about what other posters are sharing as their own opinion. If you think they are violating the rules, alert the post. Otherwise, scroll on by or use the alert feature. If you don't, you will find yourself on the outside looking in!

Describe to us how being the captain of a varsity sports team, apparently having loads of friends, and then becoming a seemingly reasonably well-liked college student = "marginalized"

Exactly. Then all his friends show up puzzled. They didn't have a clue, and he was well liked.

Just speculating...

Maybe he drove over his brother in an attempt to set off the explosives on the vest that his brother was allegedly wearing?

I'm guessing he didn't want to give cops more time to shoot at him.. by backing up and turning around. :twocents:

Many times when these guys are trained to radicalize,they are told to blend in. Act American. Kinda like hiding in plain sight. Its scary.

Report: Dead Bombing Suspect Believed to Have Posted Al Qaeda End of Times Video

http://nation.foxnews.com/tamerlan-...believed-have-posted-al-qaeda-end-times-video

Oye....., they need to make sure they get hard factual evidence of something like this before they even suggest it to the general public. If it's not accurate they could find themselves inciting a backlash against innocent citizens of the USA that practice Islam or fit into the preconceived images that some Americans might hold about people that do.

I have been looking but can't find, Where is the place he was seen or thought to be? A home? His home? TIA

I'm 21. If 19-year-olds don't realize that committing a terrorist attack is wrong, I need to get the hell away from campus! I must be going to school with the most mature 19-year-olds in the world because I don't know any who wouldn't realize the full extent of a terrorist attack.

All of this seems so very weird. These two young guys weren't stupid, why in the heck did they plan an attack in their own town where everyone knew them?

I could see if it was just one lone nutcase but TWO and they were brothers? And the younger one was supposedly so normal and possibly a pot head? Did his older brother say "Hey, let's set a bomb off at the Marathon this year" and the younger one just agreed that is was a good idea?

This is all just so strange especially because they were supposedly so normal a year ago.

Seems we always hear that in the beginning. Then as time goes on we hear the darker side. If anyone knew their darker side I'm sure they are not going to speak out presently. IMO

Younger suspects tweet from August:

"Boston Marathon isn't a good place to smoke tho."

I think this means it's a bad place to smoke weed because of all the cops.
Just my opinion though.

Agree...the media is overblowing this tweet. They are disgusting. And it means nothing more than that....it was in response to another tweet and out of context.) Moo.

To add, this isn't like Adam Lanza where the guy was an outcast and basement dweller. Terrorism is terrorism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam